Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1107165 times)

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #1560 on: May 18, 2018, 09:47:43 AM »

**Moving it forward, is this CoC game ... a computer game as in pc oriented or does it need another platform for play.

Thanks for explaining how to get Gambit, that probably works with other "rare" characters. I don't know if he's rare in the game or not. I don't play it but I think its interesting how people find the things they find. :)

TBF, I could have just gotten lucky haha (although, I have unlocked his other powers using this method). Have not tried CoC, but I think it's more like a mobile app.

Also, to anyone who plays CoC, is there an easy way to unlock Gambit? I'd been playing PQ for months before I finally unlocked him and I'm not sure I have the patience to do that with another game  ;D

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
« Reply #1561 on: May 18, 2018, 12:11:54 PM »

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #1562 on: May 18, 2018, 12:34:55 PM »
Moving it forward, is this CoC game ... a computer game as in pc oriented or does it need another platform for play.

COC is a mobile game which can be played both on the iOS and android platform. It is mostly a 1vs1 fighting game and the animation is really great.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1563 on: May 18, 2018, 02:03:18 PM »
How the heck did Gambit NOT make the cut...

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/new-x-men-nanometals-from-jadatoys/

This was one of those things, like the Funkos, where I figured they would make one eventually

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #1564 on: May 19, 2018, 03:57:51 PM »
They have 2 "Jean Greys" and a Scarlet Witch...but no Gambit, Nightcrawler and Angel. I would've thought they'd outrank Havok as well. I don't really collect those so meh...

I'm more keen on the Funkos, and I'm still waiting on Gambit, Rogue and Nightcrawler...and hopefully a 90's Jean Grey.

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
« Reply #1565 on: May 21, 2018, 08:35:56 AM »
If it's Gambit, I buy it. I have a curio filled with Gambit merchandise. The Funko comment brought back the memory of when I contacted them about a Gambit one...he and Nightcrawler could not be done because Disney would not release the rights to them. Apparently, Mickey had, and I guess still has, a big stick up his butt about the whole Fox / X-Men rights.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1566 on: May 21, 2018, 09:26:33 AM »
If it's Gambit, I buy it. I have a curio filled with Gambit merchandise. The Funko comment brought back the memory of when I contacted them about a Gambit one...he and Nightcrawler could not be done because Disney would not release the rights to them. Apparently, Mickey had, and I guess still has, a big stick up his butt about the whole Fox / X-Men rights.

Really? That's interesting. They've done figures for just about everyone else - I wonder why they would care about Gambit or Nightcrawler

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #1567 on: May 21, 2018, 11:34:59 PM »
Was it just Gambit and Nightcrawler? Because Rogue's the other big name X-Character that doesn't have a pop either...

Iceman, Kitty Pryde, Emma Frost, Psylocke, Archangel and Cable have only been released within the last 2 years, so they're still fairly new. I think the Pops with an 'X-Men' title on the box have only been recent (2016?). The older X-Men pops were released years before (Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm etc) ...and they had a 'Marvel' title.

Domino's coming out now because of the Deadpool movie (and it's her comic version). Maybe when the Gambit movie comes out, we'll get a pop. Hopefully in the original pink & black.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1568 on: May 22, 2018, 09:35:53 AM »
Was it just Gambit and Nightcrawler? Because Rogue's the other big name X-Character that doesn't have a pop either...

Iceman, Kitty Pryde, Emma Frost, Psylocke, Archangel and Cable have only been released within the last 2 years, so they're still fairly new. I think the Pops with an 'X-Men' title on the box have only been recent (2016?). The older X-Men pops were released years before (Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm etc) ...and they had a 'Marvel' title.

Domino's coming out now because of the Deadpool movie (and it's her comic version). Maybe when the Gambit movie comes out, we'll get a pop. Hopefully in the original pink & black.

Yeah, Rogue's the other one I've been waiting on. Even in those little X-Men mystery boxes that Funko put out, Gambit, Rogue and Nightcrawler were all missing. But, of course, there were at least 2 or 3 different Wolverines

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1569 on: May 22, 2018, 02:27:23 PM »

Nothing for Gambit in August solitics.

https://www.newsarama.com/40042-marvel-comics-august-2018-solicitations.html

Can`t wait to see what Dodson`s Gambit sketches were about. He told more to come. So I suppose it was for new project with Gambit.

Offline Berry

• [insert something witty]
  • X-Man Leader
« Reply #1570 on: May 23, 2018, 03:19:11 AM »
 X-Men Gold #28 aka how many times did Gambit say “boyo” in this issue?
None!  He didn’t utter it a single time!

The issue is fairly straight forward.  The Gold team plus Iceman, Pyro, Rogue & Gambit head to Canada to pick up a space ship.  Kitty asks Iceman & Pyro to stay behind, so The rest fly off and are met with resistance.  Gambit & Rogue are pretty much in the back of the plane watching monitors while the Gold team is at the front of the plane (it cuts to them a couple times, but it was just weirdly amusing that the author has the actual main team up front and subjects the tagalongs to the back).  Long story short, Storm uses her hammer to destroy all the missles.  Nightcrawler almost crashes the ship, but Kitty phases it.  They land, fight more robots and Kitty discovers Peter is Right! Below! Them!  She’s coming for you buddy!!

Gambit’s perfectly fine although nothing to rush out and get for him alone.  The art is super pretty however.

Caroline: I know it sounds crazy, but alcohol helps.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1571 on: May 23, 2018, 03:46:40 AM »
Thanks, Berry! So Gambit did at least something worth reading in 28?

Offline Berry

• [insert something witty]
  • X-Man Leader
« Reply #1572 on: May 23, 2018, 04:07:40 AM »
Other than not saying boyo? *g*

Gambit & Rogue just act mostly as the people transitioning the scene to the next scene by asking “where are we going?” “How are we getting there?”  There’s a pretty cute panel of the post crash scene with Rogue trying to get up going “well, any landing you can walk away from...” and Gambit’s upside down all “you call THAT a landing?”  And another panel of Gambit enjoying fighting but no, nothing super more worthy.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 04:09:12 AM by Berry »

Caroline: I know it sounds crazy, but alcohol helps.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1573 on: May 23, 2018, 04:21:33 AM »
Other than not saying boyo? *g*

Gambit & Rogue just act mostly as the people transitioning the scene to the next scene by asking “where are we going?” “How are we getting there?”  There’s a pretty cute panel of the post crash scene with Rogue trying to get up going “well, any landing you can walk away from...” and Gambit’s upside down all “you call THAT a landing?”  And another panel of Gambit enjoying fighting but no, nothing super more worthy.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1574 on: May 23, 2018, 02:51:38 PM »
Gold 28 was ok. Landing panel was fun.