Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1105778 times)

Offline belay

• Guild Member
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #1695 on: July 11, 2018, 02:52:20 AM »
It is not dead.

I think and hope we will get smth at SDCC.

I was optimistic like you but now I have lost all hope. Especially after Channing got divorced he doesn't seem interested in anything and neither does Fox. I think that is the reason Marvel is using Gambit now as even they do know that the movie won't happen.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1696 on: July 11, 2018, 02:56:39 AM »

I was optimistic like you but now I have lost all hope. Especially after Channing got divorced he doesn't seem interested in anything and neither does Fox. I think that is the reason Marvel is using Gambit now as even they do know that the movie won't happen.

If Gambit movie will die then Tatum will announce that he left the project the same way as Gordon-Levitt left Sandman or Mamoa left Craw reboot.

They are still looking for director or they found one and are waiting to announce. Right now it is not dead.

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #1697 on: July 11, 2018, 04:20:01 AM »

If Gambit movie will die then Tatum will announce that he left the project the same way as Gordon-Levitt left Sandman or Mamoa left Craw reboot.

They are still looking for director or they found one and are waiting to announce. Right now it is not dead.

I hope your right.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1698 on: July 11, 2018, 07:52:03 AM »

I hope your right.

Me too, my friend ;)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1699 on: July 11, 2018, 04:29:16 PM »
Gambit appeared on 1 more panel at the end of Spider-Man #1 at background. [/size]He kicked green alien with charged bo staff.[/color]

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1700 on: July 12, 2018, 09:17:46 AM »

I was optimistic like you but now I have lost all hope. Especially after Channing got divorced he doesn't seem interested in anything.
well He was out promoting magic mike london and his vodka and is producing a BUNCH...but his acting career seems to have stalled or he's not interested in roles it seems. Terrible how fox and company botched this movie so badly

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1701 on: July 12, 2018, 09:41:35 PM »
Screenrant questions if the movie will ever actually get made .

https://screenrant.com/gambit-movie-canceled-2019-release-date-channing-tatum/

...As of right now, the only person still attached to Gambit is Tatum. Lizzy Caplan was cast in the film last year when it actually had a director, but with that seat vacant and the schedule shifting, her status is unknown. And really, the entire project should be in question at this point

....Gambit currently has a June 7, 2019 release staked out, making it one of three X-Men movies slated to hit theaters next year; Dark Phoenix is now delayed till February and New Mutants was pushed (again) till August. The biggest difference between these two films and Gambit is what stage of production they are in. While both Dark Phoenix and New Mutants are set to undergo major reshoots months after principal photography wrapped, Gambit has yet to film a single scene. Yet, somehow, Gambit is supposed to hit theaters in between these two films.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1702 on: July 12, 2018, 10:09:52 PM »
Not exactly surprising. The timetable for when everything transfers to Disney (hopefully. eff you comcast) makes everything kind of cloudy as far as the future of the X-Men at Fox. So who knows if they should just scrap it and get Tatum into an ensemble movie as Gambit asap or just completely forget about it until Disney and Feige take over.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1703 on: July 13, 2018, 02:14:57 AM »
Screenrant questions if the movie will ever actually get made .

https://screenrant.com/gambit-movie-canceled-2019-release-date-channing-tatum/

Juat a speculation. But it is a good article.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1704 on: July 13, 2018, 02:30:35 AM »

Screenrant renamed article from "Is Gambit movie canceled?" to "Channing Tatum's Gambit Movie Is Still Set For 2019 - Will It Happen?"
Good.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1705 on: July 13, 2018, 05:14:54 AM »
Not exactly surprising. The timetable for when everything transfers to Disney (hopefully. eff you comcast) makes everything kind of cloudy as far as the future of the X-Men at Fox. So who knows if they should just scrap.
might be time to scrap Tatum too.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 05:19:37 AM by Paneo01 »

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1706 on: July 13, 2018, 07:16:32 AM »
Screenrant renamed article from "Is Gambit movie canceled?" to "Channing Tatum's Gambit Movie Is Still Set For 2019 - Will It Happen?"
Good.

Stop thinking so hard Purp.. if it happens it happens. Tomato, tomahto.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1707 on: July 13, 2018, 08:03:43 AM »

Stop thinking so hard Purp.. if it happens it happens. Tomato, tomahto.
;)

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #1708 on: July 13, 2018, 10:08:16 AM »
Omegaunderground is speculating that Duncan Jones might direct Gambit since his next project is a comic book movie.
https://omegaunderground.com/2018/07/13/director-duncan-jones-reveals-his-next-film-is-a-comic-book-project/

*sigh* I'm so tired of waiting for this movie to get made. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 10:09:49 AM by andresa »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1709 on: July 13, 2018, 10:16:34 AM »
Omegaunderground is speculating that Duncan Jones might direct Gambit since his next project is a comic book movie.
https://omegaunderground.com/2018/07/13/director-duncan-jones-reveals-his-next-film-is-a-comic-book-project/

*sigh* I'm so tired of waiting for this movie to get made.

Interesting. I know his last couple movies haven't been great, but I'm still a fan of Jones. I think it's unlikely he'll be directing Gambit, though. "A Comic Book Project" could be a wide range of things