Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1095334 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #1755 on: August 12, 2018, 04:36:06 AM »
Read that mini and really liked it.

Madrox is not a mutant. It was stated a few times in X-Factor that he is smth different.

Gambit can be a choice because of all Black Womb project.
Also Apocalypse told that Gambit has unique heritage.
And also that thing that Gambit can be Sinister's dead son with Summer's DNA.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1756 on: August 12, 2018, 06:13:52 AM »
i'm not a fan of the idea of Gambit being linked to the Summers or being some sort of hybrid clone,wasnt a fan of the reveal in X-Men The End but that's just me. Was it ever stated before that Madrox was born a mutant im just wondering where i got it from is all?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1757 on: August 12, 2018, 12:08:41 PM »
I am notafan of Gambit as clone oe Summers either.

I think it was stated that Madrox powers activated at birth when a doctor fist hit him.

Also it seems that Firestar will be a sleeping agent.
She was on among a few characters that were on Wolverine's real funeral. No real reason for her to be there except to tell someone where to find Logan's body.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1758 on: August 12, 2018, 05:17:15 PM »
On an unrelated note ... if you watch twitter, tumblr and the what not. Now ... artists are making commissions for romy and they won't be cheap. While I think the art is nice as I always have no matter my views .... look out gang, you are now in the driver seat of money.  Not for just this book and new status quo but even from those who hope to make a living with artwork or other things, not sure how far it goes. Embrace and support in any way, whether its a like or not; buying something or not.

Art is by Brett Booth ... this commission is $400. (he should be easy to look up via twitter.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1759 on: August 13, 2018, 06:51:41 PM »
Editor asked me to do one of those "list" articles. While I sincerely detest those, he recommended I do one on Gambit. I said yes. And also yes to at least another. I'm not so much into "fluff" so I want to do a "10-things real fans of Gambit want the rest of you to know"-kinda thing. I want to go further than people misconstruing his powers (but I'm still going there, because it annoys me). Here are some of the subjects I'm going to hit on;

Powers and extended abilities
Pop-culture preferences
Thieves Guild Status
Fighting Style and accomplishments
Origin of his middle-name

Doesn't have to be 10, but I want to know if there are is anything else you guys would like to see on the list?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1760 on: August 13, 2018, 07:07:29 PM »
Question: is it fan wants or part of what has been shown in the comics?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1761 on: August 13, 2018, 08:28:42 PM »
More what's been in the books. Facts the normal non-Gambit fan wouldn't know. Deep cuts.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1762 on: August 14, 2018, 02:57:43 AM »
Editor asked me to do one of those "list" articles. While I sincerely detest those, he recommended I do one on Gambit. I said yes. And also yes to at least another. I'm not so much into "fluff" so I want to do a "10-things real fans of Gambit want the rest of you to know"-kinda thing. I want to go further than people misconstruing his powers (but I'm still going there, because it annoys me). Here are some of the subjects I'm going to hit on;

Powers and extended abilities
Pop-culture preferences
Thieves Guild Status
Fighting Style and accomplishments
Origin of his middle-name

Doesn't have to be 10, but I want to know if there are is anything else you guys would like to see on the list?

Cool! Maybe something will be useful.

1. Gambit created Sinister with Courier`s parts when he travelled in old England.

2. About New Sun who killed Apocalypse and Phoenix.
Prophecy about the resurrection of the Old Kingdom, which would "bring all into the light of a new sun." Actually destroyinf the world.

3. Gambit is kinda nerd and a fan of The Little Prince, Harry Potter and Dune.

4. Shared past with Sabretooth.

5. Witness stuff.

6. Gambit has 3 kittens ;D

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1763 on: August 14, 2018, 08:07:32 AM »

Cool! Maybe something will be useful.

1. Gambit created Sinister with Courier`s parts when he travelled in old England.

3. Gambit is kinda nerd and a fan of The Little Prince, Harry Potter and Dune.

1. Gambit & Courier did not create Sinister. Apocalypse gave Essex his powers his dying wife gave him his name. Courier theorized that as a result of taking a small sample of his DNA that Sinister was able adapt the same powers

3. also Star Trek
some things not mentioned so far that people may not know....most non fans anyway

1. His red on black eyes are not part of his mutation he has had them since birth
2. He married his childhood sweetheart in an arranged marriage,
3. Mr. Sinister removed a piece of Gambits brain to dampen his powers
4. Gambit has traveled through Time, Space and other Dimensions
5. he appeared in comics for other companies ,in a crossover Gambit and Wolverine stole the Batmobile, he also defeated Nightwing ,Gambit also had a crossover with Nightman
6. He was the Leader of the X-Men along with Rogue when Cyclops died
7. when he lost his powers he defeated a brain washed Bishop and resisted being brainwashed by Bogan too

8. his accent gets thicker when he is in New Orleans 

9. He died and was pulled away from the gates of heaven by Rogue

10. He's super rich, once paying Deadpool 3 million because he was too tired to fight him
i know they are random but pretty sure non fans wouldnt know them, also the marvel is he is an under rated fighter

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1764 on: August 14, 2018, 09:04:09 AM »
1. Gambit & Courier did not create Sinister. Apocalypse gave Essex his powers his dying wife gave him his name. Courier theorized that as a result of taking a small sample of his DNA that Sinister was able adapt the same powers

3. also Star Trek
some things not mentioned so far that people may not know....most non fans anyway

1. His red on black eyes are not part of his mutation he has had them since birth
2. He married his childhood sweetheart in an arranged marriage,
3. Mr. Sinister removed a piece of Gambits brain to dampen his powers
4. Gambit has traveled through Time, Space and other Dimensions
5. he appeared in comics for other companies ,in a crossover Gambit and Wolverine stole the Batmobile, he also defeated Nightwing ,Gambit also had a crossover with Nightman
6. He was the Leader of the X-Men along with Rogue when Cyclops died
7. when he lost his powers he defeated a brain washed Bishop and resisted being brainwashed by Bogan too

8. his accent gets thicker when he is in New Orleans 

9. He died and was pulled away from the gates of heaven by Rogue

10. He's super rich, once paying Deadpool 3 million because he was too tired to fight him
i know they are random but pretty sure non fans wouldnt know them, also the marvel is he is an under rated fighter

Agree about Sinister changes.

Don`t agree about eyes that they are not part of his mutation. Kurt was born blue and with tale.
Just his energy powers activated later.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 09:05:46 AM by purplevit »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1765 on: August 14, 2018, 09:31:30 AM »
Great points to talk up. The Harry Potter and  Star Trek stuff is filed under "pop culture". I was definitely hitting that, along with the list people he's fought or beat.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1766 on: August 14, 2018, 10:18:00 AM »

Agree about Sinister changes.

Don`t agree about eyes that they are not part of his mutation. Kurt was born blue and with tale.
Just his energy powers activated later.
Ah yes Kurt, however when Kurt is depowered he reverts to a human state, when Gambit is depowered his eyes are still red on black though, again see XXM 19 till the end, off the top of my head his eyes always stay red on black with the exception of UXM 379- 380  but that could be coloring related as when the X-Men are depowered Remys pupils are red in some panels and when their powers come back his eyes are white. Same argument i make that his abilities are all natural not power related as when he is depowered he is still the same fighter and acrobat with the same agility and speed, he took out Bishop with no powers.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1767 on: August 14, 2018, 10:36:07 AM »
Ah yes Kurt, however when Kurt is depowered he reverts to a human state, when Gambit is depowered his eyes are still red on black though, again see XXM 19 till the end, off the top of my head his eyes always stay red on black with the exception of UXM 379- 380  but that could be coloring related as when the X-Men are depowered Remys pupils are red in some panels and when their powers come back his eyes are white. Same argument i make that his abilities are all natural not power related as when he is depowered he is still the same fighter and acrobat with the same agility and speed, he took out Bishop with no powers.

Yeah, his eyes is always drawn wong so I don`t see it as argument. When he was depowered in X-Treme Annual he had human eyes.

Agree that his abilities are all natural and not power. His reflexes when Best tested hin were the same and depowered Gambit still could trick Bogan as he tricked Shadow King.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 12:02:32 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1768 on: August 14, 2018, 12:48:59 PM »

Yeah, his eyes is always drawn wong so I don`t see it as argument. When he was depowered in X-Treme Annual he had human eyes.

Agree that his abilities are all natural and not power. His reflexes when Best tested hin were the same and depowered Gambit still could trick Bogan as he tricked Shadow King.
Wasnt in the Annual i think it was the 2 part classified thing your thinking of, again its the coloring, my argument is that depending on the colorist even when he has powers his eyes are sometimes wrong, so if his eyes were part of his mutation wouldn't they be normal when he is depowered, surly the writer or editor would say, Gambit has no powers keep his eyes normal, yet 9 times out of 10 when he is depowered his eyes are red on black. if they were part of his mutation they would turn normal no?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1769 on: August 14, 2018, 01:13:35 PM »
Wasnt in the Annual i think it was the 2 part classified thing your thinking of, again its the coloring, my argument is that depending on the colorist even when he has powers his eyes are sometimes wrong, so if his eyes were part of his mutation wouldn't they be normal when he is depowered, surly the writer or editor would say, Gambit has no powers keep his eyes normal, yet 9 times out of 10 when he is depowered his eyes are red on black. if they were part of his mutation they would turn normal no?

Still don't agree. If eyes weren't part of his mutation then Rogue wouldn't absorb his eye color with touch or kiss.

Yeah, artists forgot to draw that too, but it happend in Gambit by Asmus and in R&G when they changed their powerset. And Gambit eyes changed too.