Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098694 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #1920 on: October 09, 2018, 04:36:45 PM »

I've not read the series yet, but has the book so far been Rogue focused?
Thought this was called Rogue and Gambit? :P
I can't tell but based on comments here, it doesn't seem to be equal.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 04:47:30 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1921 on: October 09, 2018, 05:09:58 PM »
Issues 1 and 2 were far more Rogue centric, but if you pay attention to the amount of butt-hurt over at CBR's Rogue's thread, you'd notice that #3 was Gambit heavy. I think it'll be getting more Gambit centered in that arc because they'll be dealing with the Guilds and his family, which I think was inevitable.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1922 on: October 09, 2018, 08:09:52 PM »
Please don't take this wrong but that thread on CBR is butthurt all the time. If Rogue isn't front and center and important all the time to the detriment of any other character, they are not happy.
edit: they don't give a s*** about Gambit, they say they do but they don't. IMO
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 09:17:50 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1923 on: October 10, 2018, 08:28:08 AM »
Please don't take this wrong but that thread on CBR is butthurt all the time. If Rogue isn't front and center and important all the time to the detriment of any other character, they are not happy.

100% agree. I all but lectured them on their BS last week when that Jen character complained about Rogue now being nothing but "Gambit's Wife" because she isnt an active Avenger... Xel brought up how much thread activity had dropped and I pointed out that just because she's not in a book every week, doesnt mean you post. Us Gambit fans posted for years without a solid roster spot. It's like they cant talk to one another without saying how "awesome" what she did last week was. Also had to make sure they knew the UA was not the "flagship" title it was under Remender. That not even one thing that happened in that book survived it's cancellation. Of course they don't like reality and facts. But I also pointed out that it was kind of the opposite reaction from the Gambit fans. Being afraid of him being nothing but her husband. I find it funny that some people on both sides are saying the same thing, but in reverse. I think if everyone got over their individual bias, we could have some good conversations... not Jen, Cat, and Xel. Those three are crazy and treat Rogue like she's a real person. I find it disturbing. It's like they don't understand the only person to have genuine hate for is Fantomex. Everyone should hate Fantomex. Like, love to hate him... And hate, him, too. Passionately.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1924 on: October 10, 2018, 10:53:17 AM »
So, no sales watch? No obsession over it like in the past with other books G has been in? I tease.

I looked, the drop between issue 1 and 2 of Mr and Mrs X is more than half. Those variants didn't help as much I thought they would. As someone who likes variants, that stinks because if they can't help a book, less will get commissioned.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 10:55:56 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline albahan888

• Master Thief
« Reply #1925 on: October 10, 2018, 09:53:09 PM »

Isn't that how you are with Gambit? Isn't that why you won't read Mr. and Mrs. X? Because you don't think Gambit'll be better or even equal? That's not a bad thing and I definitely understand skepticism but it's a little bit of the pot calling the kettle black here. I mean you are definitely better about it than some people over there on the Rogue side and you aren't as... aggressive about it as some posters over there are who even get remydat to defend Romy to a degree. Anyway, mostly just making a joking observation and hope you don't take this bad. ;)

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1926 on: October 11, 2018, 12:23:50 AM »
So, no sales watch? No obsession over it like in the past with other books G has been in? I tease.

I looked, the drop between issue 1 and 2 of Mr and Mrs X is more than half. Those variants didn't help as much I thought they would. As someone who likes variants, that stinks because if they can't help a book, less will get commissioned.
I remember CBR's last sales thread discussion. People were lamenting (and of course some gloating) about Domino's big drop between one and two. And Gail Simone (the writer) popped in briefly to say the book was doing better than those numbers reflected (because they weren't real numbers anyway) and the most interesting thing she said was that the store order issue two before they even get issue one. So issue two numbers aren't even based on how issue one sells, it based purely on what the store 'guess' issues one and two will sell.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:12:55 AM by anya »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1927 on: October 11, 2018, 01:17:05 AM »

Because it has only a few variants till issue 3. Most Marvel ongoings has at least 3 variants even on issue 5.

The same situation as with R&G. All new books has such drop.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1928 on: October 11, 2018, 02:13:54 AM »

Isn't that how you are with Gambit? Isn't that why you won't read Mr. and Mrs. X? Because you don't think Gambit'll be better or even equal? That's not a bad thing and I definitely understand skepticism but it's a little bit of the pot calling the kettle black here. I mean you are definitely better about it than some people over there on the Rogue side and you aren't as... aggressive about it as some posters over there are who even get remydat to defend Romy to a degree. Anyway, mostly just making a joking observation and hope you don't take this bad. ;)
I have a response ....... give me a day. I like our discussion  - and thank you in advance.

Edit: Guess I don't have a response; you aren't wrong. It's all true, and I don't mind being the kettle.

I had a longer response but after typing it out and all that, I changed my mind. I can't justify anyone's wasted time on it. LOL

I'm only buying art (cover art), that is the best I can do for support.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 03:31:51 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1929 on: October 11, 2018, 03:48:51 AM »

100% agree. I all but lectured them on their BS last week when that Jen character complained about Rogue now being nothing but "Gambit's Wife" because she isnt an active Avenger... Xel brought up how much thread activity had dropped and I pointed out that just because she's not in a book every week, doesnt mean you post. Us Gambit fans posted for years without a solid roster spot. It's like they cant talk to one another without saying how "awesome" what she did last week was. Also had to make sure they knew the UA was not the "flagship" title it was under Remender. That not even one thing that happened in that book survived it's cancellation. Of course they don't like reality and facts. But I also pointed out that it was kind of the opposite reaction from the Gambit fans. Being afraid of him being nothing but her husband. I find it funny that some people on both sides are saying the same thing, but in reverse. I think if everyone got over their individual bias, we could have some good conversations... not Jen, Cat, and Xel. Those three are crazy and treat Rogue like she's a real person. I find it disturbing. It's like they don't understand the only person to have genuine hate for is Fantomex. Everyone should hate Fantomex. Like, love to hate him... And hate, him, too. Passionately.

Yep! I saw Rogue thread and stayed away from it. Arguments won`t help there. The most funny thing is when posters tell there bad thing about Rogue`s role in MMX and they don`t even read this book, lol ;D  Gambit centric issue really made them crazy.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1930 on: October 11, 2018, 08:57:50 AM »
Rogue yaps for pages and no one bats an eye. Gambit shares a 4 page action sequence and the whole world goes crazy.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1931 on: October 11, 2018, 05:15:45 PM »
Asked KT some questions on Tumblr:

Any hope to see Gambit using "Bang you dead" phrase again? I am so glad that Thieves Guild will appear.

I’ve been trying to work it in I’m hopeful! ;D

MMX 3 was my favourite issue of this series so far. Can we hope to see Gambit using his powers more in creative way? Creative use of Remy's powers was my favourite part of his last solo.

Thank you!
I’m trying on Remy’s powers. Creative use of super powers is one of my favorite things. But fitting into the narrative can be tricky. We’ll see!

EDA: I DO have one really badass thing I want to use very much…but getting approval for it has not been easy!

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #1932 on: October 12, 2018, 12:06:56 PM »

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #1933 on: October 12, 2018, 12:09:30 PM »
Mr. and Mrs. X #04 preview

https://www.avclub.com/mr-mrs-x-escape-their-alien-captors-in-this-exclusi-1829708205

Loving the new design so much and it is always good to see Gambit showing off his skills.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1934 on: October 12, 2018, 01:10:27 PM »