Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098547 times)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #2160 on: December 19, 2018, 03:39:41 PM »
Guildies? You mean me and possibly Remydat. LOL.  Joking aside, Gambit doing stuff with no development is most likely the issue. Rogue is getting content, Gambit is not. Good or bad, there is nothing new for him. His character hasn't changed other than his marital status.  Keep in mind that is just me. :)
ok but look at the development Rogue has gotten, i for one am glad he hasnt gotten that treatment, while nothing life altering apart from his marriage has happened he is still written smart and shown to be a competent fighter there is alot of positive to focus on with the book, which like the marriage wont last long , UXM has already gotten bad imo really glad he wasn't involved in that. i get you want more as we all do but for now this is it sadly , im not a fan of KT but its a good Gambit

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2161 on: December 19, 2018, 03:53:34 PM »
You got a point. Okay. I acquiesce ... At least he looks good in a fight with a few exceptions. The spear in the chest while facing an opponent would be one.

Good job on the debate.  :) Edit: You got me to see another side. Thanks.
edit2: You might have given me something to hang on to ... not sure yet but ... possibly.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 05:06:58 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2162 on: December 20, 2018, 10:48:58 AM »
Oh how the mighty have fallen that we are suppose to be excited that Gambit looked good against no name Shi'ar and characters that appear in the books once every decade or so. 

Sorry not impressed.  At least with the Asmus solo which didn't have Gambit taking down top notch fighters, we got loads of development and creative use of his powers to compensate. 

What we have here is fights against Z list characters, zero development, zero creative use of powers, and getting defeated by D list characters that look him in the eye, taunt him and then spear his ass.  But that is supposed to be ok because he dodged nameless Shi'ar solider #1.  Whoop de f**king doo!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 10:51:14 AM by remydat »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2163 on: December 20, 2018, 11:38:28 AM »
Oh how the mighty have fallen that we are suppose to be excited that Gambit looked good against no name Shi'ar and characters that appear in the books once every decade or so. 

Sorry not impressed.  At least with the Asmus solo which didn't have Gambit taking down top notch fighters, we got loads of development and creative use of his powers to compensate. 

What we have here is fights against Z list characters, zero development, zero creative use of powers, and getting defeated by D list characters that look him in the eye, taunt him and then spear his ass.  But that is supposed to be ok because he dodged nameless Shi'ar solider #1.  Whoop de f**king doo!
every comic book character fights no name soldiers its not exclusive to Gambit, Rogue fought the same people,  your arguement with Deathbird is petty, she has taken down the X-Men before all while they were looking at her too btw , she is a SUPERHUMAN Alien she has gone toe to toe with Gladiator and other X-Men and defeated them too,she didnt exactly defeat him either he got straight back up, Gambit scared her off with just words earlier in the Arc and no it wasnt a trick by Deathbird pretending to retreat she actually feared what he would do, also in the same issue he used his powers in a creative way too, Gambit is being used in creative ways in this book.

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #2164 on: December 20, 2018, 01:02:23 PM »
I still say Gambit's best feat was taking out the Starjammers (well Skrull star jammers) single handed, before taking out Gladiator. He should be able to solo Deathbird imho.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2165 on: December 20, 2018, 01:51:30 PM »
I still say Gambit's best feat was taking out the Starjammers (well Skrull star jammers) single handed, before taking out Gladiator. He should be able to solo Deathbird imho.
i agree , yeah he got speared while looking at her but he was getting back up, it didn't put him out, we don't know how the fight would have gone because Xandra and Rogue went poof and disappeared

also sorry but your saying his best feat is something he did back in UXM277 around 17 years ago nothing in between then and now has topped that moment for you?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 01:57:05 PM by Dantay »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2166 on: December 27, 2018, 05:04:03 PM »
every comic book character fights no name soldiers its not exclusive to Gambit, Rogue fought the same people,  your arguement with Deathbird is petty, she has taken down the X-Men before all while they were looking at her too btw , she is a SUPERHUMAN Alien she has gone toe to toe with Gladiator and other X-Men and defeated them too,she didnt exactly defeat him either he got straight back up, Gambit scared her off with just words earlier in the Arc and no it wasnt a trick by Deathbird pretending to retreat she actually feared what he would do, also in the same issue he used his powers in a creative way too, Gambit is being used in creative ways in this book.

Yeah and no one celebrates when other characters beat up no names like Gambit fans do.  Yeah I remember Gambit going toe to toe with Gladiator as well and he came out ahead.  The point is he looked lame going up against the only character of significance he fought.

i agree , yeah he got speared while looking at her but he was getting back up, it didn't put him out, we don't know how the fight would have gone because Xandra and Rogue went poof and disappeared also sorry but your saying his best feat is something he did back in UXM277 around 17 years ago nothing in between then and now has topped that moment for you?

Yeah it probably is his best feat still because that is how poorly he is treated by writers.  He is comic relief and used to make other characters look cool kicking his ass.

The only things I can think of that come close is his one punching that Vampire chick in the Storm and Gambit one shot, the Daken fight (although he lost because X-23 distracted him), and maybe his charging the Hellcarrier most recently.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 05:07:07 PM by remydat »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2167 on: December 28, 2018, 12:50:53 PM »
He used to have some cool feats. Like charging the train to power up Bishop before taking on Sinister.
The Daken fight could have been better but overall, if not for X23 - but it was her book.
Partnering up with Wolverine in Madripoor.

We're not getting any of those things now.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2168 on: December 28, 2018, 03:35:02 PM »
 Ok so cool feats, what other X-Men have had cool moments really? Against A listers? Or even c listers, as for Gambit here are a few moments, not cool or funny but fight wise since UXM277 excluding solo’s guest appearances and one shots just focusing on X-Men comics
UXM 312 -  rides a motor cycle into the Phalanx saving Storm, then charges a card and blows it up as it devours the bike destroying it
UXM 313 – kicks all kinds of Phalanx ass and charges a ships Anchor
UXM 327 – messes up a faking Sabertooth at the mansion tormenting him
UXM  361- RETURNS  takes out Juggernaut granted he is crazy and powers are all over the place its still a cool moment
UXM 370 – takes out the Skrull Avengers and anyone else that got in his way trying to save Marrow, also he took them out and distracted the others so he could steal their quinjet
UXM 382 – Mentally defeats Dirge
XM 51+52 is the train charge which Bishop Absorbs but it’s not a fight
XM163 – Blind and with the help of Mindy for aiming he fights off Sabertooth
XXM 42 - powerless he takes out a Bogan possessed Bishop
XXM 43 – again powerless he was able to trick Bogan a powerful telepath into believing Remy was under his control, he also took out Bogans team 

thats it really for fights, im not counting cool moments like the multiple times he took charge of the X-Men or his role from XM 200 through Messiah complex or the times he was pure badass

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2169 on: December 28, 2018, 05:01:36 PM »
XXM Gambit where he took down Bishop and tricked Bogan is probably right up there as well as far as cool feats.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2170 on: December 28, 2018, 05:03:01 PM »
He used to have some cool feats. Like charging the train to power up Bishop before taking on Sinister.
The Daken fight could have been better but overall, if not for X23 - but it was her book.
Partnering up with Wolverine in Madripoor.

We're not getting any of those things now.

Gambit in X-Men Red 11 was cooler then any of this.
We still have such things.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2171 on: December 28, 2018, 07:21:16 PM »
Hellcarier and his dictating to Thor definitely in my top 10 Gambit moments.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2172 on: December 28, 2018, 08:03:35 PM »
Hellcarier and his dictating to Thor definitely in my top 10 Gambit moments.
Not just Thor, he took charge of both Avengers and X-Men

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2173 on: January 06, 2019, 10:38:54 PM »
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 11:51:58 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #2174 on: January 07, 2019, 02:38:50 PM »
I think I've posted twice at CBR in the past two months.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony