Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098478 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #2235 on: March 18, 2019, 10:37:33 AM »
AiPT!: Alright, now for some character questions. Rogue and Gambit… meerah (@roguesugah) asked if these newlyweds would be on any team books coming up.

Jordan: So, again… you see how this would be considered a spoiler, right? If I had a book planned for later this year that had them as members that has not been announced or solicited yet, then me telling you the true fact that they are members of it is a spoiler. If I revealed that, I would just have to hope the writer of that book would not be mad at me for it, especially if it’s a team they’ve never been a part of before.

So do you think that Gambit and Rogue will join a team they’ve never been a part of before?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 05:10:50 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2236 on: March 18, 2019, 12:41:41 PM »
well that's limited kinda, X-Force, Thunderbolts, New Warriors, eXcaliber, FF, but if they were to join one i'd put money on West Coast Avengers because KT writes that garbage and technically even though Rogue was on the Avengers she wasn't on the West Coast team :) 

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2237 on: March 18, 2019, 12:52:12 PM »
West Cost Avengers ended on issue 9. Definetely not WCA but I think it will be some new KT's team book like All-New Defenders with Gambit, Rogue, 2 Hawkeye's and JJ with Cage.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 05:11:11 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2238 on: March 18, 2019, 05:21:22 PM »
Know I am teasing you, Dantay
well that's limited kinda, X-Force, Thunderbolts, New Warriors, eXcaliber, FF, but if they were to join one i'd put money on West Coast Avengers because KT writes that garbage and technically even though Rogue was on the Avengers she wasn't on the West Coast team :)
KT writes garbage? LOL Sorry ... I've thought that for a long time but when I say it .... its a debbie downer thing. LOL
Either she is great or she is awful. LOL I suppose bias plays in with the characters.
Again, nothing meant in any negative way toward you or anyone. Just thought it was funny is all. I do have a warped sense of humor.  :crazy2:

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2239 on: March 19, 2019, 05:32:16 AM »
Know I am teasing you, DantayKT writes garbage? LOL Sorry ... I've thought that for a long time but when I say it .... its a debbie downer thing. LOL
Either she is great or she is awful. LOL I suppose bias plays in with the characters.
Again, nothing meant in any negative way toward you or anyone. Just thought it was funny is all. I do have a warped sense of humor.  :crazy2:
ive always said she isnt a good writer though  :) sooooo  :P   

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #2240 on: March 19, 2019, 10:47:21 AM »
I don't think it's that black or white. Remender's X-Force was legendary but his follow up with Avengers was a big mess. Like anything, youll do some things better than youll do other things. I like MMX, I gave Wca a try and bailed on #2. I skimmed Cap Marvel and put it back on the rack.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #2241 on: March 19, 2019, 02:42:23 PM »
MR. AND MRS. X #12KELLY THOMPSON (W) • OSCAR BAZALDUA (A)Cover by TERRY DODSON• Happily Ever After?• Rogue and Gambit have had quite the year — will they finally be able to relax and enjoy marital bliss?• Don’t bet on it!

X-MEN: GRAND DESIGN - X-TINCTION #2 (OF 2) ED PISKOR (W) • ED PISKOR (A/C)Variant Cover by ED PISKORIt’s here…the final chapter of Marvel’s best-selling prestige series X-MEN: GRAND DESIGN! Out with the old and in with the blue and gold as the X-Men enter the radical ’90s! Revisit innumerous classic storylines like the return of Jean Grey! The trial of Magneto! X-Tinction Agenda!!! And many, many more! With appearances by Jubilee, Gambit and the Reavers! Brought to life by the multi-hyphenate master of graphic fiction himself, Ed Piskor

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2242 on: March 19, 2019, 03:37:31 PM »
I don't think it's that black or white. Remender's X-Force was legendary but his follow up with Avengers was a big mess. Like anything, youll do some things better than youll do other things. I like MMX, I gave Wca a try and bailed on #2. I skimmed Cap Marvel and put it back on the rack.
Remenders UA was just a rehash of his UXF run, similar plots even his Thor stuff was similar

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #2243 on: March 19, 2019, 04:34:47 PM »
MR. AND MRS. X #12KELLY THOMPSON (W) • OSCAR BAZALDUA (A)Cover by TERRY DODSON• Happily Ever After?• Rogue and Gambit have had quite the year — will they finally be able to relax and enjoy marital bliss?• Don’t bet on it!

Definitely the best Dodson cover for the series. 

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2244 on: March 20, 2019, 03:48:28 AM »

Wolverine: The Lost Trail Gives Fans The Gambit They've Been Waiting For

https://screenrant.com/wolverine-lost-trail-gambit-fans-waiting/

"We don’t say “Gambit and Wolverine,” We say "Remy and Logan." We’re human first, and that strengthens the fun and the magic.”

"Some of the comics have a lot of Cajun going on, just in the text and the writing, and some don’t really touch it at all. We’re creating our own world, imagining what’s going to make sense for people to hear, what’s going to not take us out of it, what’s gonna let us really dive into it.”

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2245 on: March 20, 2019, 07:32:42 AM »
Wolverine: The Lost Trail Gives Fans The Gambit They've Been Waiting For

https://screenrant.com/wolverine-lost-trail-gambit-fans-waiting/

"We don’t say “Gambit and Wolverine,” We say "Remy and Logan." We’re human first, and that strengthens the fun and the magic.”

"Some of the comics have a lot of Cajun going on, just in the text and the writing, and some don’t really touch it at all. We’re creating our own world, imagining what’s going to make sense for people to hear, what’s going to not take us out of it, what’s gonna let us really dive into it.”
is this set in the movie verse?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2246 on: March 20, 2019, 10:57:30 AM »
is this set in the movie verse?

No. It seems it is it`s own Universe. Or comics because first one got comics adaptaion.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2247 on: March 20, 2019, 04:40:22 PM »
Dantay, did Thieves Guild had ever some symbol? I am drawing some fanart. And wanted to add some small symbols that will mean Guilds or something from them. Any ideas?

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2248 on: March 20, 2019, 04:49:58 PM »
Dantay, did Thieves Guild had ever some symbol? I am drawing some fanart. And wanted to add some small symbols that will mean Guilds or something from them. Any ideas?
nothing really comes to mind, other than symbols that they drew on Gambits chest while he was being excommunicated in Gambit issue 1 but nothing distinguishable also check out Gambit issue 13 page 5 i think, Gambits Grandfather has chest drawings and there are banners all around with symbols on them, Issue 21 also and there was a theory years ago and i don't know if it came from a writer interview or fan fiction but Gambits magenta lines on the legs off his costume are a marking of his skills as a thief,   
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 05:20:15 PM by Dantay »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2249 on: March 20, 2019, 05:06:10 PM »
nothing really comes to mind, other than symbols that they drew on Gambits chest while he was being excommunicated in Gambit issue 1 but nothing distinguishable also check out Gambit issue 13 page 5 i think, Gambits Grandfather has chest drawings and there are banners all around with symbols on them, Issue 20 also and there was a theory years ago and i don't know if it came from a writer interview or fan fiction but Gambits magenta lines on the legs off his costume are a marking of his skills as a thief,

Thank you! I think symbols from 13 p5 is exactly what I need.

Interesting idea of magenta markings on his legs. Like in Asmus he told that his clothes became his costume or uniform.