Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1099071 times)

Offline RomeoSvengali

• X-Man Legend
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 05:10:35 PM by RomeoSvengali »
https://vimeo.com/49613968
-Romeo Svengali (Monican swordsman)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #2266 on: March 30, 2019, 07:11:55 PM »
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 08:48:26 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2267 on: April 02, 2019, 03:08:44 AM »

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/04/01/gambits-top-10-team-ups/

Gambit’s Top 10 Team-Ups!

Read that article and was shocked how good it is. Then I checked and understood that it was written by Don:)

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #2268 on: April 02, 2019, 05:28:29 AM »

Gambit/Hawkeye is my favourite X&A team-up. Fence was okay(ish), but I preferred Courier. I thought X-23 should've made this list...I would've put her in instead of Spider-Man.

Other team-ups I liked (not on the list) were Polaris or Quicksilver in X-Factor. I like the idea of Black Cat, and I always thought Nightcrawler would work well. Gambit and Psylocke had some cool scenes together in Nicieza's X-Men (also Beast in the same run). Black Widow would be awesome, Star-Lord...

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #2269 on: April 02, 2019, 12:37:02 PM »
Hey, guys. Took a mini-hiatus from the site but wanted to share a couple really cool experiences I had at Planet Comicon this last weekend.

I was down at Planet Comicon this weekend and got my Gambit #1 signed by Nicieza and he gushed about how much he loved book and Skroce's art. It was really cool. He also said he was working on a Gambit novel back in the day and if I liked that series, I would've really liked the novel. It was supposed to be ~500 pages and he got around 275 done before Marvel pulled the plug on it and a few other books some people were writing.[/size]
Also, I got my 266 signed by Claremont and he talked to me about his original plans for Gambit and Sinister. I knew a lot of it already, but I was just thrilled to have a conversation with Claremont about my favorite Comic Character.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2270 on: April 02, 2019, 12:46:30 PM »
Hey, guys. Took a mini-hiatus from the site but wanted to share a couple really cool experiences I had at Planet Comicon this last weekend.

I was down at Planet Comicon this weekend and got my Gambit #1 signed by Nicieza and he gushed about how much he loved book and Skroce's art. It was really cool. He also said he was working on a Gambit novel back in the day and if I liked that series, I would've really liked the novel. It was supposed to be ~500 pages and he got around 275 done before Marvel pulled the plug on it and a few other books some people were writing.
Also, I got my 266 signed by Claremont and he talked to me about his original plans for Gambit and Sinister. I knew a lot of it already, but I was just thrilled to have a conversation with Claremont about my favorite Comic Character.

Wow! So awesome!!! Happy for you :)  I just love such positive posts so much ;)

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #2271 on: April 02, 2019, 04:27:29 PM »

Wow! So awesome!!! Happy for you :)  I just love such positive posts so much ;)

Me too  :)

Offline albahan888

• Master Thief
« Reply #2272 on: April 02, 2019, 06:48:00 PM »
I don't know if this has been known already and I missed it or if anyone really cares about this but I'd still recommend watching this video if you do care because apparently Zachary Levi is a Gambit fan (like most 90s X-Men fans I think). The Gambit part starts around 2:43. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAvp-STLxeM Just found this interesting and wanted to share.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2273 on: April 02, 2019, 07:09:41 PM »
I don't know if this has been known already and I missed it or if anyone really cares about this but I'd still recommend watching this video if you do care because apparently Zachary Levi is a Gambit fan (like most 90s X-Men fans I think). The Gambit part starts around 2:43. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAvp-STLxeM Just found this interesting and wanted to share.

Cool! I hope his Shazam movie will be a huge success.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2274 on: April 08, 2019, 10:15:29 AM »

White`s answer.

AiPT!: OK, Jordan, whatever you say here is sure to be divisive, so tread carefully. But Marvel Mythos Podcast‏ (@MarvelMythosPod) wanted to know… who is canonically sexier: Gambit or Cyclops?

Jordan: Gambit. Come on. Look–that is not an insult to Cyclops. He’s a good looking man, and as we have covered in depth, he has no problem attracting women. But Gambit is Gambit. Sexy is his super power. Besides, Cyclops is a long-term relationship guy, a serial monogamist. Gambit is a one-night-stand. He’s all sex, no commitment. Sorry, Rogue, you know it’s true. Keep your eye on that one.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #2275 on: April 08, 2019, 11:40:46 AM »
White`s answer.

AiPT!: OK, Jordan, whatever you say here is sure to be divisive, so tread carefully. But Marvel Mythos Podcast‏ (@MarvelMythosPod) wanted to know… who is canonically sexier: Gambit or Cyclops?

Jordan: Gambit. Come on. Look–that is not an insult to Cyclops. He’s a good looking man, and as we have covered in depth, he has no problem attracting women. But Gambit is Gambit. Sexy is his super power. Besides, Cyclops is a long-term relationship guy, a serial monogamist. Gambit is a one-night-stand. He’s all sex, no commitment. Sorry, Rogue, you know it’s true. Keep your eye on that one.

Everything about this quote is wrong, except for Gambit being sexier, obviously. That's not even a real question. 

Offline RomeoSvengali

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2276 on: April 08, 2019, 02:05:52 PM »
He gave an inaccurate answer (except the sexier part) to a question that wasn't even asked. If he's joking, then he doesn't know how to.
https://vimeo.com/49613968
-Romeo Svengali (Monican swordsman)

Offline bigbarda

• Survivor
« Reply #2277 on: April 08, 2019, 04:54:55 PM »
I doubt JDW’s being 100% serious here. But tbh, I have no problem seeing Gambit as someone who just likes having sex. Lots of people don’t need an emotional connection to enjoy a good shagging, and lots of people have high sex drives.

That said, he ain’t going to cheat on Rogue now they’re married and can boink whenever they want.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2278 on: April 11, 2019, 11:21:11 AM »
I agree that I don't think JDW was serious either. TBH - his comments don't bother me at all.

I found this image on twitter, and I don't care about the twitter thread ... but I liked the art and wanted to share it. It's been a long time since I've scanned or found art I liked of Gambit. Felt Good.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #2279 on: April 11, 2019, 12:10:55 PM »
Nice find! What is it from?