Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098396 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #2340 on: July 02, 2019, 07:57:41 AM »
How am I just seeing this for the first time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zjcWoJ5YXA&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 10:40:28 AM by Nekobaghira »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2341 on: July 02, 2019, 10:19:22 AM »
Cool video. We were speaking about it a few months ago. Probably you just missed it.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #2342 on: July 10, 2019, 02:12:55 PM »
A new piece from Sideshow. Looks awesome.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2343 on: July 10, 2019, 02:58:54 PM »
Cooool thing!!!

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2344 on: July 11, 2019, 10:45:52 AM »
I don’t really know how to post images on my phone, so if this ends up wrong, sorry!
But saw on tumblr the marvel pins that are going to be at comic con and there is a gambit one. They look like Scotty Young artwork

https://images.app.goo.gl/tJwzVqmHFuh9vgQZ7

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #2345 on: July 11, 2019, 11:17:20 AM »
Those are adorable. Still waiting for a Gambit funko pop.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2346 on: July 12, 2019, 10:37:40 AM »
 It seems that KT won`t write Gambit and Rogue after relaunch:From KT`s tumblr:

Q: Thank you for the the best year of my life with Me and Mrs X. You took my two favorite mutants and made them shine, and not only that but grow and mature and learn to drop the petty stuff. To lean and depend on each other. I don't know what Marvel has plan for them but they better still be married, and I hope you will be writing them again.

A: Thank you so much!It meant the world to me to get to chart a new and exciting course for them…I hope it will stand the test of time (as much as something can in comics). I’m so grateful so many fans came along for the ride and fell in love…or fell in love again! No plans for writing them right now unfortunately…but maybe someday!

« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 02:29:22 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2347 on: July 12, 2019, 10:51:27 AM »
...that was always a possibility...

On a side note, I think I might try to find those pins on eBay after comic con. They will probably be over probably fed, but I don’t hardly buy any collectibles anyway so won’t blow my budget.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #2348 on: July 12, 2019, 12:36:07 PM »
It seems that KT won`t write Gambit and Rogue after relaunch:From KT`s tumblr:Q: Thank you for the the best year of my life with Me and Mrs X. You took my two favorite mutants and made them shine, and not only that but grow and mature and learn to drop the petty stuff. To lean and depend on each other. I don't know what Marvel has plan for them but they better still be married, and I hope you will be writing them again.A: Thank you so much!It meant the world to me to get to chart a new and exciting course for them…I hope it will stand the test of time (as much as something can in comics). I’m so grateful so many fans came along for the ride and fell in love…or fell in love again! No plans for writing them right now unfortunately…but maybe someday!

Good post. This was a very well recieved title amongst comic book/X-Men/Gambit and Rogue fans. The comic book store guy I pick up my comic books from would always tell me about how everyone he knew that was reading this absolutely loved it. Even though I was very skeptical at the begining, I really enjoyed all the Gambit and Rogue story we've gotten for the last while and am sad to see it stop. I just hope they continue on and do justice to the growth they've gone through.

I have a theory. We all know the "relaunch" the X-Men are about to go through. Well I"ve been wondering what they're going to do with these two once the "relaunch" takes place. After issue 12 of MMX, I think the last year and a half Gambit and Rogue were going through their own seperate relaunch. I think they were purposely removed from the final mainline X-Men stories and off to the side to sort of "fix" them for when they relaunch the X-universe in the comics. Or at least that's what they wound up doing.

I think when Gambit and Rogue show up in the newly revamped X-universe in the comics, I think it will be them coming directly right out of issue 12 of MMX. I mean, they just literally spent a year and a half working through and fixing(trying to) all the deep rooted issues between G&R and also hove grown the two characters individually (especially Rogue) in a positive way. They managed to, the best I think they could, wade through the muddied waters of their long complicated relationship and come out on the other side to a good place where people actually like them as a couple again. People aren't rolling their eyes anymore. People find them to be a sweet, romantic, and sexy pairing again. And it's really intersting because it's not rehash. They have clearly evolved their relationship. I even work with someone who's never really cared about Gambit and Rogue but read most of MMX and likes them way more now. And Gambit is much higher on his radar of X-characters he likes.

So anyway, this to me all seems like Gambit and Rogue have had their own seperate relaunch and that's the plan. I think they did a good job and it's nice to see them get their own special attention moving in to this new era. Actually, it gives me hope that they'll get them in the movies when ever they start making them. I just hope going forward they pay attention to these two and it doesn't turn into poison again.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2349 on: July 12, 2019, 02:10:39 PM »
A: Thank you so much!It meant the world to me to get to chart a new and exciting course for them…I hope it will stand the test of time (as much as something can in comics). I’m so grateful so many fans came along for the ride and fell in love…or fell in love again! No plans for writing them right now unfortunately…but maybe someday!
Good.  Take with grain of salt and some tequila. :) I don't want her writing Gambit. We've seen people put down Liu, Layman and whomever else. The MMX writer was the worst writer of Gambit for me, because she didn't write him. All she cared about was Rogue. Believe or don't, either way, if she got the opportunity, it would be about the one character I have no vested interest in. Again, tequila and salt. :)

« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 04:47:32 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #2350 on: July 17, 2019, 09:45:51 AM »
Good.  Take with grain of salt and some tequila. :) I don't want her writing Gambit. We've seen people put down Liu, Layman and whomever else. The MMX writer was the worst writer of Gambit for me, because she didn't write him. All she cared about was Rogue. Believe or don't, either way, if she got the opportunity, it would be about the one character I have no vested interest in. Again, tequila and salt. :)

Have you had the chance of reading the last couple of issues ?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2351 on: July 17, 2019, 11:10:39 AM »
Have you had the chance of reading the last couple of issues ?
I did, they are the only ones I have read. I have not commented on issue 12 for a variety of reasons. I have skimmed the other issues of the ongoing and I did read the mini.

View Remydat's comments. I usually agree with him but am more harsh in view than he is, he finesses better than I ever do. 

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
« Reply #2352 on: July 18, 2019, 08:35:11 AM »
I'm not seeing the pic now either, but this is probably my bad. See my next post for the link to the new Mezco Gambit figure shown at SDCC.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 02:27:21 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2353 on: July 18, 2019, 10:27:23 AM »
Is that a picture? I can’t see it for some reason

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
« Reply #2354 on: July 18, 2019, 12:23:24 PM »
Yep, it's a picture of the Mezco Gambit figure...amazing! Here's the link...

https://marvelousnews.com/284-25398