Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1099092 times)

Offline andresa

• Survivor
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #2370 on: July 22, 2019, 01:29:20 PM »
Very dynamic. I like it.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2371 on: July 22, 2019, 02:57:06 PM »
Looks alright, just read that Apocalypse is central to the book and Rictor is one of the writers favourites. Lets hope they give Gambit a decent role

One of the pros for me is that he's with Jubilee.

I an already see I will end up being disappointed.  Apocalypse and Deathbit seems like a natural fit here but can't remember the last time Gambit got real development in a team book.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2372 on: July 22, 2019, 05:24:50 PM »
Very dynamic. I like it.

Thank you :)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2373 on: July 24, 2019, 02:45:51 PM »
HOX was awesome. Of course no Gambit in it but book is very beautiful and fresh.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #2374 on: July 26, 2019, 07:59:07 AM »
 https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/07/23/marvel-announces-new-x-men-books-following-jonathan-hickmans-house-of-x-and-powers-of-x/

Wrote an article about the books. I don't know who Tini Howard is really and from her track record and past work, I don't trust her. Like at all. This would have been a better book for like Asmus or even Thompson who both at least have some knowledge and practice using Excalibur lore. Books looks as weird as her resume and Gambit placed in the wrong hands can turn into a full blown clown. I'll give it a shot, but I'm weary.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 09:36:22 AM by Nekobaghira »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2375 on: July 26, 2019, 03:28:28 PM »
https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/07/23/marvel-announces-new-x-men-books-following-jonathan-hickmans-house-of-x-and-powers-of-x/

Wrote an article about the books. I don't know who Tini Howard is really and from her track record and past work, I don't trust her. Like at all. This would have been a better book for like Asmus or even Thompson who both at least have some knowledge and practice using Excalibur lore. Books looks as weird as her resume and Gambit placed in the wrong hands can turn into a full blown clown. I'll give it a shot, but I'm weary.

Good article.
I don't trust her too. It sounds a lot like X-Men Red for me aka Jean and her amazing friends. I don't want secret solos as team books anymore.

It seems main idea of Magic was pitched by Hickman so I hope this book will have at least some fresh feeling as HOX had.
Of course, Asmus would be the best for it.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2376 on: July 30, 2019, 12:15:53 PM »
Excalibur 1. I hope Apocalypse is singing the Power of Love, lol

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #2377 on: July 30, 2019, 12:46:22 PM »
I just see a empty square, is that just my phone?  :gambit:

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #2378 on: July 30, 2019, 06:20:39 PM »
I can't see it either. It must be this:

I really like the art. Looks great.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2379 on: July 31, 2019, 02:59:54 AM »
I can't see it either. It must be this:

I really like the art. Looks great.

Yes. it is that pic.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2380 on: August 01, 2019, 09:58:18 AM »
Lol, I still can’t see either of those, but I know what pic you are talking about. ;). I know nothing about the writer, but the art will be pretty!

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2381 on: August 01, 2019, 10:44:23 AM »
I hate to be so unbearably cynical and negative, but in those panels is it just me, or does it look like Rogue is doing all the talking with Apocalypse and Gambit is just sort of standing there?  Obviously we can't tell without dialogue but you know, I've been burned a lot lately. I just hope there's a conversation before too long about how the last time Gambit and Apocalypse were together there was the whole Death thing. 

Offline Meliorist

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #2382 on: August 01, 2019, 02:19:29 PM »
Nah, I understand where you are coming from. The more thought I've given to this, the more hesitant I feel. There is just a huge power gap between Betsy, who may or may not be a dual Omega level mutant, Rogue, who can take all the stuff, Apoc... and then you have the rest of the team. Its possible that power balances will be different in Otherworld but its not like we have been given stunning displays of skill all that often. Just seems that there is a large chance that powers will equal plot advancement.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2383 on: August 01, 2019, 04:32:59 PM »
Gambit is the best h2h here and has a lot of skills to shine without being the biggest powerhouse.

Offline Meliorist

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #2384 on: August 01, 2019, 05:38:11 PM »
Sure, we know that but what I am saying is that it doesnt always get utilized