Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385388 times)

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #1515 on: March 23, 2018, 09:42:26 AM »
These jokes don't work out well for Gambit. Allegedly a "fan" made a joke to Wilson for her arc in Xmen about how Gambit should be in her story arc and we got clown pants Gambit. And to top it off ... the Gambit fan got blamed for suggesting it, I highly doubt a hardcore fan would have gone in that direction. None of it, I can't deal, prior experience burned enough.

Is what it is ... just my view. I'm tired of being burned for liking this character so much.

Not just clown pants Gambit, sleazy goes to a festival by himself to hit on women Gambit.  In other words, NOT Gambit.  That writer was a joke and to be honest so are the editors for letting that happen.

Anyway about the movie, guys I won't lie I'm really disheartened at the moment.  Seeing that Deadpool trailer with X-Force in it, and the jokes about it becoming a franchise, man, I was really looking forward to the Deadpool and Gambit movies leading to the X-Force movies with the two of them in a team.  Now?  Not sure Gambit is happening even. 

I kind of give up, man.  If it happens, good.  If not...oh well.  I don't think I'm going to talk or think about it, unless I see a trailer. 

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1516 on: March 23, 2018, 10:25:39 AM »
Nah. Gambit will happen. Will be cool if he will be in X-Force too.
I still think that Sinister will be introduced in Gambit and then will be a big bad in X-Force.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1517 on: March 23, 2018, 10:28:32 AM »

Not just clown pants Gambit, sleazy goes to a festival by himself to hit on women Gambit.  In other words, NOT Gambit.  That writer was a joke and to be honest so are the editors for letting that happen.

Anyway about the movie, guys I won't lie I'm really disheartened at the moment.  Seeing that Deadpool trailer with X-Force in it, and the jokes about it becoming a franchise, man, I was really looking forward to the Deadpool and Gambit movies leading to the X-Force movies with the two of them in a team.  Now?  Not sure Gambit is happening even. 

I kind of give up, man.  If it happens, good.  If not...oh well.  I don't think I'm going to talk or think about it, unless I see a trailer.
its utterly depressing to see all these superhero films announced than put into production so quickly.....yet gambit almost 5 years Later is about to go on its 4th director and who knows how many rewrites.. My applaud for Channing is now turning to blame. He seems to be a competent producer but he may be way over his head on this.   He may be doing gambit nore harm than good. Sadly maybe the best move now is to let this go and have gambit be introduced in some other marvel films .                               

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1518 on: March 23, 2018, 12:16:59 PM »
Nah. Gambit will happen. Will be cool if he will be in X-Force too.
I still think that Sinister will be introduced in Gambit and then will be a big bad in X-Force.

Totally down for that. He fits in so much better with the Deadpool cast and crew than he does with the main X-Men film's cast members.
Who Dat

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1519 on: March 23, 2018, 12:17:24 PM »
its utterly depressing to see all these superhero films announced than put into production so quickly.....yet gambit almost 5 years Later is about to go on its 4th director and who knows how many rewrites.. My applaud for Channing is now turning to blame. He seems to be a competent producer but he may be way over his head on this.   He may be doing gambit nore harm than good. Sadly maybe the best move now is to let this go and have gambit be introduced in some other marvel films .                               

I'm with you on this. Tatum won me over with his dedication to the project, but he's losing me again for multiple factors and this is one of them. To be fair, there's no real proof that he is to blame, but there's something going on there.

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #1520 on: March 24, 2018, 07:48:12 AM »
I find the lack of news very disconcerting. If this film is set to be released early 2019, there should have been more news about it.
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1521 on: March 24, 2018, 10:45:27 AM »
I find the lack of news very disconcerting. If this film is set to be released early 2019, there should have been more news about it.

It is normal.They told that new script is expected in March. After it we will get director news. Then everything else.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 07:48:27 PM by purplevit »

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1522 on: March 24, 2018, 01:45:27 PM »
agree, the only cast member confirmed after all this time is Tatum. Lizzy was never confirmed and if she was in....she may have dropped out.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1523 on: March 24, 2018, 11:09:25 PM »
Sigh...yes, is up in the air...again...

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #1524 on: March 25, 2018, 09:11:30 AM »

It is normal.They told that new script is expected in March. After it we will get director news. Then everything else.

This is not normal. There would’ve already been news about directors, casting and such. This has been drawing on way too long, and I’m getting more disheartened about it each month that passes by.
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1525 on: March 25, 2018, 09:21:32 AM »
This is not normal. There would’ve already been news about directors, casting and such. This has been drawing on way too long, and I’m getting more disheartened about it each month that passes by.

the film is happening, when there's news to be released it will be,but it is happening

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1526 on: March 25, 2018, 10:51:48 AM »
New script - New director - casting - production.

News can go only in that way. They will get new script and then director. After that we will get more news.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #1527 on: March 25, 2018, 02:23:12 PM »

Shooting is expected to start in the summer (speculation places it around august) so there's a couple of months left for a director to be hired and longer than that before we start hearing about casting news.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1528 on: March 26, 2018, 10:05:06 AM »

Totally down for that. He fits in so much better with the Deadpool cast and crew than he does with the main X-Men film's cast members.
pretty sure dead pool was filmed way before gambit even hired a costume director, so doubt that they would have had gambits look figured out to film something.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1529 on: March 26, 2018, 10:39:37 AM »
pretty sure dead pool was filmed way before gambit even hired a costume director, so doubt that they would have had gambits look figured out to film something.
New secret cameo in Deadpool 2 was filmed in March during reshoots.