Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 390299 times)

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #1770 on: May 28, 2018, 03:02:24 PM »
-Channing Tatum has been doing many wardrobe fittings for the costume. ;

where did you see this?

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #1771 on: May 28, 2018, 03:10:29 PM »
I haven´t see an article online about it but most likely that has been happening behind the scenes. Costume fitting is done in the development stages, before pre-production starts. If they are filming this Summer, it will be most likely completed.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1772 on: May 28, 2018, 03:13:47 PM »
I haven´t see an article online about it but most likely that has been happening behind the scenes. Costume fitting is done in the development stages, before pre-production starts. If they are filming this Summer, it will be most likely completed.
I hear ya..but after almost 5 yrs and 3 directors I'm done assuming things about this film lol. But hopefully you are right.

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #1773 on: May 28, 2018, 03:24:13 PM »
LOL very true, I feel exactly the same. Keeping my hopes very low, as it has been a roller coaster of emotions   :D :o :'( ??? ::) the last 5 years following the news on this film.

Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #1774 on: May 28, 2018, 06:21:06 PM »
How will you guys feel if Fantomex gets a movie or a tv series made before Gambit as Ed Skrein is interested in playing him. https://www.cbr.com/fantomex-ed-skrein-deadpool/

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #1775 on: May 28, 2018, 06:41:29 PM »
How will you guys feel if Fantomex gets a movie or a tv series made before Gambit as Ed Skrein is interested in playing him. https://www.cbr.com/fantomex-ed-skrein-deadpool/

Ugh. All I'm going to say is that Fantomex is about as famous outside of x-comics as Ed Skrein is in Hollywood (as in "Ed who?"). I'm going to chalk that up to his wishful thinking.  ::)

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #1776 on: May 28, 2018, 08:23:03 PM »

I say we riot.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1777 on: May 28, 2018, 09:59:09 PM »
Who's ed skrein? Anyway didn't know fantomex was intresting enough or well.known enough for a tv series or movie 😒
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 10:29:10 PM by Paneo01 »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1778 on: May 28, 2018, 10:31:54 PM »
One... Who's Ed Scream? Two... If they put out Fantomex before Gambit the general audience is going to be very confused if his look is comic faithful. They are going to call him Gambit/ Deadpool ripoff. Plain and simple.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #1779 on: May 29, 2018, 02:07:53 AM »
I will be pretty pissed if they put that film first before Gambit. Fox should be supporting this film first.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #1780 on: May 29, 2018, 09:25:40 AM »
One... Who's Ed Scream? Two... If they put out Fantomex before Gambit the general audience is going to be very confused if his look is comic faithful. They are going to call him Gambit/ Deadpool ripoff. Plain and simple.

Just imagine if Fox does make a Fantomex film where he speaks french and is a master thief who is very mysterious and then a Gambit movie comes out. General audience will think that Gambit is a ripoff of Fantomex. That will be very strange if such a thing ever happens.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1781 on: May 29, 2018, 11:07:11 AM »
I say we riot.

I'll bring the pitchforks if you bring the torches

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1782 on: May 29, 2018, 12:14:43 PM »

Just imagine if Fox does make a Fantomex film where he speaks french and is a master thief who is very mysterious and then a Gambit movie comes out. General audience will think that Gambit is a ripoff of Fantomex.
isn't fatomex a blatant ripoff of Gambit? No idea who created him but I assume that's what he was going for....a gambit ripoff.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1783 on: May 29, 2018, 12:58:43 PM »
It was Morrison, and he was meant as parody/ bitter satire of Gambit and Deadpool ( two characters he didn't like). But writer's after Morrison cough remember cough pretty much played him straight, completely missing the point of the character and writing as basically a 'meaner' Gambit or a Deadpool with no sense of humor.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1784 on: May 29, 2018, 02:02:26 PM »
Lol, that guy played villain in first Deadpool. He can't have a new role in FOX universe.

That is the only reason why he is asking Fanto role. He is always wearing mask.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 02:18:04 PM by purplevit »