Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 389904 times)

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #1860 on: July 27, 2018, 09:37:47 AM »
Just kill it. Heartbreaking how this film was botched so badly by Tatum and fox. Thanks Channing😲    ..perhaps CT is waiting the contract out to get out it because he got over his head.                                                                                           NM And DP will released. Ridiculous to think they won't
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 09:54:46 AM by Paneo01 »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1861 on: July 27, 2018, 09:48:50 AM »
The source is a forum, so obviously take this with a huge grain of salt, but the rumor is the film is scrapped

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/rumor-foxs-gambit-movie-isnt-happening-anymore/

Nah, not true. The rumour is now also that DP and NM are cancelled, lol.
Everything will be good.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #1862 on: July 27, 2018, 10:02:54 AM »

Nah, not true. The rumour is now also that DP and NM are cancelled, lol.
Everything will be good.

The source is obviously unreliable but as time goes by chances of this movie happening become smaller. It's painful.   

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1863 on: July 27, 2018, 10:15:24 AM »
The source is obviously unreliable but as time goes by chances of this movie happening become smaller. It's painful.

Saurce about cancelled movie is completely unreliable.

From other unreliable froum I heard that they already have director with whom Tatum worked earlier and director name will shock everyone.
Also that unreliable source told that shooting will start this October and release date will be moved to Nov 22 2019.
Will see what will really happen.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 10:22:45 AM by purplevit »

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1864 on: July 27, 2018, 10:22:26 AM »

Saurce about cancelled movie is completely unreliable.

From other unreliable froum I heard that they already have director with whom Tatum worked earlier and director name will shock everyone. Also that unreliable source told that shooting will start this October and release date will be moved to Nov 22 2019.

Will see what will happen.
do.you have a link? Thanks

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1865 on: July 27, 2018, 10:23:12 AM »
Double post
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 10:25:27 AM by purplevit »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1866 on: July 27, 2018, 10:25:05 AM »
do.you have a link? Thanks

It is just a bad forum where I joined to fight Gambit haters, lol.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=537609&page=23

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1867 on: July 27, 2018, 10:42:53 AM »

I joined to fight Gambit haters, lol.

honorable cause 👏😁

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1868 on: July 27, 2018, 11:19:29 AM »
Guys.  I'm gonna get real here.  The movie isn't happening. 

I've got to commend your enthusiasm and optimism, even looking for any shred of hope or sign - including Tatum's hair cuts! So I don't want to rain on your parade, especially since I don't have any more proof that it's not happening than you have that it is happening, but I do think that you should start to emotionally steel yourselves for the news that the movie ain't gonna happen. 

Even if it does happen, it's been hyped and talked about so much now - all its problems have been discussed to death, people's minds have probably already been made up.  If the film does come out, unless it's the damn Citizen Kane of superhero films, it's going to suffer because of predisposed opinions.  Plus it keeps getting compared to Logan an Deadpool.  Man, those movies were lucky.  They were unique.  They weren't done because other films did something new and made money, they WERE new.  Deadpool did its thing, then Logan did its thing, now Gambit producers are saying "we want to do our thing because Deadpool and Logan did their thing" and cool if the movie went and did something unique and awesome STRAIGHT AWAY but right now solo superhero movies absolutely SATURATE the market.  Unless Gambit does something awesome, like a swampy, sexy, gritty True Blood type of thing like what Marvel isn't doing, then I'm not sure it can escape the run of the mill movie trap, especially with Tatum as Gambit. 

Speaking of Tatum, my hope for him has kinda died.  I like the guy, but now I just don't want him as my Gambit.  Only problem is that I don't know what other actor, director or producer loves the character enough to bring him successfully to the big screen without it being a cash grab. 

Anyway sorry for the long rant, couldn't hold it in any longer!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 11:21:05 AM by Spoonz »

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #1869 on: July 27, 2018, 11:28:48 AM »
The shareholders for The Walt Disney Co. and 21st Century Fox voted this morning and the deal has been approved. So I don't see the movie happening.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/avengers/disney-and-fox-shareholders-approve-713-billion-merger-the-x-men-and-fantastic-four-are-coming-home-a162504
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 12:02:25 PM by belay »

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1870 on: July 27, 2018, 11:53:18 AM »
Yeah, doubtful. But super excited for the future of X-Men movies.
Who Dat

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1871 on: July 27, 2018, 12:16:55 PM »
Little doubt IMO..dark phoenix and mutants will be Fox's last marvel films. All we can hope for is that Disney decides to eventually make Gambit, recast and find an actual competent team of talent. It will be interesting to eventually hear what really happened with gambit and how it was botched up.so bad.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 12:21:25 PM by Paneo01 »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1872 on: July 27, 2018, 12:34:12 PM »
Guys.  I'm gonna get real here.  The movie isn't happening. 

I've got to commend your enthusiasm and optimism, even looking for any shred of hope or sign - including Tatum's hair cuts! So I don't want to rain on your parade, especially since I don't have any more proof that it's not happening than you have that it is happening, but I do think that you should start to emotionally steel yourselves for the news that the movie ain't gonna happen. 

Even if it does happen, it's been hyped and talked about so much now - all its problems have been discussed to death, people's minds have probably already been made up.  If the film does come out, unless it's the damn Citizen Kane of superhero films, it's going to suffer because of predisposed opinions.  Plus it keeps getting compared to Logan an Deadpool.  Man, those movies were lucky.  They were unique.  They weren't done because other films did something new and made money, they WERE new.  Deadpool did its thing, then Logan did its thing, now Gambit producers are saying "we want to do our thing because Deadpool and Logan did their thing" and cool if the movie went and did something unique and awesome STRAIGHT AWAY but right now solo superhero movies absolutely SATURATE the market.  Unless Gambit does something awesome, like a swampy, sexy, gritty True Blood type of thing like what Marvel isn't doing, then I'm not sure it can escape the run of the mill movie trap, especially with Tatum as Gambit. 

Speaking of Tatum, my hope for him has kinda died.  I like the guy, but now I just don't want him as my Gambit.  Only problem is that I don't know what other actor, director or producer loves the character enough to bring him successfully to the big screen without it being a cash grab. 

Anyway sorry for the long rant, couldn't hold it in any longer!

I'm with ya on all points. With this deal going through, I just can't imagine Marvel will care enough about the movie enough to be made (at least Tatum's version). I'm honestly just excited to see what Feige will do with the entire X-Property.

What are everyone's thoughts/hopes on how they will bring the X-Men into the MCU?

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #1873 on: July 27, 2018, 05:30:39 PM »
I'm going to be really bitter for two seconds and say: too bad for you, CT, I didn't want you as Gambit anyway...  :P

*ahem* that aside...

What are everyone's thoughts/hopes on how they will bring the X-Men into the MCU?

I hope they bring them in as an established unit, albeit one that existed in secret (hence why no mention in the Avengers films), and the first film is the X-men bursting onto the scene to save the day in the midst of some mutant terrorist attack, for example. As there are so many great characters, I would love to see them launch two films consecutively, made up of two different teams (with cameos from both teams in the other's film).

Also: no Dark Phoenix saga for now. We'll be seeing it twice from Fox. Time to move on. I want to see Sinister, in particular, and Mystique as a proper villain. None of this "Raven is a role model" crap. And of course: Gambit, Gambit, and more Gambit.  :)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1874 on: July 27, 2018, 05:58:51 PM »
Disney bought Fox not for x-men rights. I am sure that MCU has planned movies for nearest years and they won't make any X movie till 2022 or later

Also I am sure that Wolverine will be the first MCU's X movie.

I still think that Gambit and X-Force will happen.
Will see what will really happen.