Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 392052 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #1980 on: September 29, 2018, 11:50:47 PM »

Filming date is Feb 15 2019.
Release date is March 13 2020.

You realize February is like 4 months away? Have secured a location? Done casting? If they start filming in February, by now everything is supposed to be locked down. Money should be flowing and there would be more people talking about it than just Kinberg. Actors need to time to clear the schedules, crew needs to be hired, cinematographers should already be scouting. There would be storyboards. In other words, it wouldn't be a secret at this point. I'm not buying it.

It makes more sense than Kinberg understands that if people don't see a future for the franchise they wont get hyped for the movies. They won't tweet, they won't write articles, they won' inform their friends. It's not our money he's worried about, it's the energy we create. If one of us sways 3 friends, and each of them 1... That's exponential expansion. Big movies like this will always do well opening weekend and maybe even the 2nd week. General public doesn't care. They'll show up, but without excitement behind it, it won't have any legs. People will stay home or go late.

That is the last thing he wants is for us, the hardcore and internet in general to lose interest. He kind put his career on the line by directing and writing Dark Phoenix. If it flops... He needs this. It needs to make every penny it can. It already looks questionable.

I don't think Marvel will be hiring any of the Fox execs anymore than I think they are planning to keep the zmenX franchise going as is.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 11:56:51 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1981 on: September 29, 2018, 11:59:28 PM »
The deal is 'done,' and should be completely finalized by the end of the year. For that reason, I do agree it's probably a ploy to keep interest in DP and NM. And in the latest twist DP has just been moved to June. :0

If it does go through, as long as it's not straight up rom-com, it could possibly work, maybe...but the ship has kinda sailed on an origin story...Tatum could play the character younger than he actually is, but not 18 like would be needed for the belle wedding guilds story...

June? When did that happen?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #1982 on: September 30, 2018, 12:53:22 AM »

Dark Phoenix has moved from Feb. 14 to June 7.Robert Rodriguez’s Alita: Battle Angel has moves from its Dec. 21 slot to Dark Phoenix‘s prior Feb. 14 space. Gambit, which was slated to hit theaters on June 7, has finally moved out to March 13, 2020.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1983 on: September 30, 2018, 03:12:35 AM »

You realize February is like 4 months away? Have secured a location? Done casting? If they start filming in February, by now everything is supposed to be locked down. Money should be flowing and there would be more people talking about it than just Kinberg. Actors need to time to clear the schedules, crew needs to be hired, cinematographers should already be scouting. There would be storyboards. In other words, it wouldn't be a secret at this point. I'm not buying it.

It makes more sense than Kinberg understands that if people don't see a future for the franchise they wont get hyped for the movies. They won't tweet, they won't write articles, they won' inform their friends. It's not our money he's worried about, it's the energy we create. If one of us sways 3 friends, and each of them 1... That's exponential expansion. Big movies like this will always do well opening weekend and maybe even the 2nd week. General public doesn't care. They'll show up, but without excitement behind it, it won't have any legs. People will stay home or go late.

That is the last thing he wants is for us, the hardcore and internet in general to lose interest. He kind put his career on the line by directing and writing Dark Phoenix. If it flops... He needs this. It needs to make every penny it can. It already looks questionable.

I don't think Marvel will be hiring any of the Fox execs anymore than I think they are planning to keep the zmenX franchise going as is.

I do realize. You told about late filming date 2020. I corected with info that was stated.
Will see what will happen.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1984 on: September 30, 2018, 10:23:29 AM »

you've seen the other post by now. But, yeah, like a day after the trailer, they up and completely change the release date. So both Phoenix and New Mutants were supposed to be out by now and both have been pushed back considerably. I could see why Kinsberg is worried about hype.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1985 on: September 30, 2018, 01:31:54 PM »
Forbes: "Why Disney is rooting for Dark Phoenix to bomb" .   
   Interesting.. Assume the same could be said for new mutants.. Gambit etc. Disney wants to blow the fox x men franchise up and start over. Thinking if Tatum still wants gambit...dump fox go to Disney and pitch it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 02:10:48 PM by Paneo01 »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1986 on: September 30, 2018, 03:38:12 PM »

I do realize. You told about late filming date 2020. I corected with info that was stated.
Will see what will happen.

That was a rhetorical. I know you know what month it is! lol.

To be honest, I'm not upset more than insulted. I wanted this movie so much and I know it's not happening. But we got this jackhole trying to control the narrative to his benefit. The fact that they are pushing back DP to make it more appealing for the Chinese market because they know the American market has no faith in it just makes it all the worse.

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #1987 on: October 03, 2018, 03:33:15 PM »
Simon Kinberg in a recent interview talks about how the script changed with the Gambit movie and now it will be love story.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/2018/10/03/gambit-producer-film-changed-more-love-story/?__twitter_impression=true

Edit, made the link larger.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 12:04:43 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1988 on: October 03, 2018, 03:48:22 PM »
Simon Kinberg in a recent interview talks about how the script changed with the Gambit movie and now it will be love story.
https://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/2018/10/03/gambit-producer-film-changed-more-love-story/?__twitter_impression=true

Cool! Love story of Gambit and Bella. Like it should be.

Hope it will lead to more comics with Gambit in Nola with his enemies.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1989 on: October 03, 2018, 03:52:06 PM »

Oh boy, Kinberg's at it again

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1990 on: October 03, 2018, 04:34:00 PM »
Gambit and Bella's dark backstory never struck me as comedy.☹️ weird.  .   once there is a director and  a CAST. Maybe it will be taken sightly more seriously. Even he admits it May not end up.being made
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 05:04:04 PM by Paneo01 »

Offline Meliorist

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #1991 on: October 03, 2018, 05:23:23 PM »
Pre-wedding it could be like a comedy and if the wedding is the climax, it quickly becomes a tragedy... but yeah, not exactly excited about a superhero romance movie, even if it stars Gambit.

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #1992 on: October 06, 2018, 06:32:44 AM »
Comedy AND romance... Well well well... That sounds way too much like a chick flick... Though being a female myself, I really don't want that to happen. At this point I'm leaning towards they should not make this film. This sounds awful.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 06:34:47 AM by Nevaratoiel »
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1993 on: October 06, 2018, 12:01:24 PM »
Comedy AND romance... Well well well... That sounds way too much like a chick flick... Though being a female myself, I really don't want that to happen. At this point I'm leaning towards they should not make this film. This sounds awful.
Agreed, as a female. Chick-Flick holds no appeal no matter how funny it is ..... Chick-Flicks never gets my dollars at the theater and they seldom get my attention when making it to the small screen.  While I have seen a good number of them, I can think of a few that would be absolutely awful formula for a film for Gambit.

I dunno, I don't believe this stuff anymore. *shrug*
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 12:06:19 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #1994 on: October 06, 2018, 12:39:52 PM »
Yeah, agreed as well. I really don't like where this film is headed (if it gets made). The character's reputation is on the line here too, i'd rather no Gambit film at all than a really bad one.