Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385359 times)

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #975 on: October 07, 2017, 12:38:02 AM »
Pro: director of Pirates of the Caribbean, my fav movie
Con: directed the first two sequels
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Blade3D1

• Journeyman
« Reply #976 on: October 07, 2017, 03:58:50 AM »
Quote from: Miss Misery link=topic=4927. msg70804#msg70804 date=1507351082
Pro: director of Pirates of the Caribbean, my fav movie
Con: directed the first two sequels

He directed the sequels, didn't write them lol.  I thought the directing was good, but it's overshadowed by s***ty scripts.

Oh yeah, which is another reason I'm excited with the Gambit movie.  It seems like they really took their time with getting the script right.  Now, yeah. . .  that coulda totally just been an excuse they told people as the reason for the delays.  But I'm hopeful.
Long (like really really long) time lurker.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #977 on: October 07, 2017, 04:55:16 AM »
I have lurked on this board for like 10 years (maybe longer?), and I have been following the Gambit movie drama since day one.  I'm probably like everyone else here and have been dreaming of a Gambit movie since the early 90's.  I was blown away when it was announced that Fox was actually going to produce it.  Dream come true.

Anyway, what prompted me to finally make an account is the fact that I am ecstatic with all of the latest news of what's going on with the Gambit film.

1.  I was bummed when we lost Doug Liman, I thought he would have been a good fit.  But then I just got the news that they found a new director.  I clicked the article hoping for someone halfway decent, and when I read the name Gore Verbinski, my jaw almost hit the floor.  He is seriously one of my favorite directors of all time.  Few directors can create movies as saturated with atmosphere as Gore.  Not to mention that he proved he can do action just as well.  So pumped that he's on board (now let's just hope he stays on board, lol).

2.  Just the fact that Mr.  Sinister, one of Marvels greatest villains, will be making his debut in the Gambit film is so freaking perfect.  And I never thought about Daniel Craig playing him, but as soon as I read that I instantly realized that would be perfect casting.

3.  I'm a big fan of the rumor of all the supporting X-Men characters that might show up in the film.  If they treat the supporting cast the way the Deadpool film did, it'll be amazing.

I don't know.  I just feel things are finally moving along in a really positive direction for the Gambit film.  The wait I think will totally be worth it.

After possiblr leaked story and new rumoured director there are more possitive comments about Gambit movie on sites where he was hardly hated before. So I think it goes in right direction.

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #978 on: October 08, 2017, 11:22:32 AM »

He directed the sequels, didn't write them lol.  I thought the directing was good, but it's overshadowed by s***ty scripts.

I know and I agree—but he’s still guilty by association for having any involvement. :-p

Honestly, I’m not worried about him, but i’m still cautious about this whole thing.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #979 on: October 08, 2017, 04:00:53 PM »
I liked Wyatt and Liman options but I think Vebinski is better choice for Gambit movie. I think he can make Gambit more spectular character.

But movies from Liman I like more.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #980 on: October 08, 2017, 05:37:00 PM »
I liked Wyatt and Liman options but I think Vebinski is better choice for Gambit movie. I think he can make Gambit more spectular character.

But movies from Liman I like more.

Same. I think the tone Limen would have brought would have been perfect seeing what he did with Mr and Mrs Smith and Edge of Tomorrow. Tense with a constant presence of humor each with it's own personally and identity.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Eumenides

• Guild Royalty
« Reply #981 on: October 11, 2017, 10:20:03 PM »
Daniel Craig as Sinister.
Gore Verbinski as director.
Still too bad that Tatum will be Gambit (I think he's too old now).
But with all this star power maybe this thing will finally get made. 

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #982 on: October 12, 2017, 12:01:53 AM »

I think he's going to lose a gang of weight and rock it out to the best of his ability. I think he's going to surprise us. But this is definitely going to be a fully formed Gambit in terms of his the age he'll be portraying. I always saw Gambit as being in his late 20s, early 30s. Tatum can pull that off
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #983 on: October 12, 2017, 02:16:49 AM »

I think Tatum will be great and really surprise everyone.
Really doubt that Daniel Craig will be Sinister and hope that Gore Verbinski will stay as director
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 11:22:12 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #984 on: October 12, 2017, 07:57:08 AM »

I think he's going to lose a gang of weight and rock it out to the best of his ability. I think he's going to surprise us. But this is definitely going to be a fully formed Gambit in terms of his the age he'll be portraying. I always saw Gambit as being in his late 20s, early 30s. Tatum can pull that off

I agree. He'll get cut up a little bit for the role and look the part.  And I think being full-fledged Gambit already is the way to go for the movie. If they want, they can cast a young Gambit to show flashbacks... kind of like in the Uncharted series with a young Nathan Drake.  But Gambit's always been on the older side of the X-men anyway, in my view, so the movie starting with him already at that age makes sense to me.
Who Dat

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #985 on: October 12, 2017, 10:24:35 AM »
Quote from: DonPriceTag link=topic=4927.   msg70842#msg70842 date=1507780913

I think he's going to lose a gang of weight and rock it out to the best of his ability.    I think he's going to surprise us.    But this is definitely going to be a fully formed Gambit in terms of his the age he'll be portraying.    I always saw Gambit as being in his late 20s, early 30s.    Tatum can pull that off

Yeah, he said in this article (https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2015/07/02/channing-tatum-gambit/77523954/) from a couple years ago that he's working to lose some muscle mass, so he's even aware that he's a little too bulky for the role.   

Personally, I hated the idea of him as Gambit when it was first announced but he's really won me over the last couple years with how dedicated he is to getting this movie made.    Throw in Craig as my favorite X-Villain and I'm sold.

Edit: For some reason it's not letting me hyperlink.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 11:23:44 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #986 on: October 12, 2017, 11:25:04 AM »
Edit: For some reason it's not letting me hyperlink.

It's a default setting to avoid spammers. You need to reach a certain number of posts before you are able to link with no problem. Just keep posting, once the magic number is met, good to go. I'll fix for now. :)

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #987 on: October 12, 2017, 11:33:17 AM »
The prospect of actually getting Mister Sinister in this movie has got me WAY too giddy.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #988 on: October 12, 2017, 04:07:32 PM »

Channing Tatum’s ‘Gambit’ Gets A Working Title

https://heroichollywood.com/channing-tatum-gambit-working-title/

Offline mythogma

• Outcast
Gambit: "Psychologist?"
Brother Voodoo: "In out brief time together, I've seen evidence of a personality type that is narcissistic, kletomaniacal, pathological, adrenaline-addicted, anti-athority, and given to reckless suicidal tendencies. No offense to you, Remy. But a super hero that moonlights as a thief? Dude...you have issues!"
(Gambit OG 2 #12)