Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385768 times)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2015, 02:13:11 PM »
I think the headsock will work better than we think in live action...

What supporting characters do we want to see in this movie? Let's assume its almost completely separated from the X-Men universe so far (because I think they've said as much). What characters from Gambit's background and rogues gallery would you most like to see? Who would work well on the big screen, be engaging enough to be part of the story without dominating it with narrative to set them in place?

Jean Luc, Lapin, Henri, Mercy, Bella, Tante as his support, Villians wise, Sinister , the entire Maruders...all of then, Julien and the Tithe Collector instead of working for Candra he works for Sinister

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2015, 04:21:12 PM »
My only wish is Sinister as the Villain.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2015, 04:23:01 PM »
Jean Luc, Lapin, Henri, Mercy, Bella, Tante as his support, Villians wise, Sinister , the entire Maruders...all of then, Julien and the Tithe Collector instead of working for Candra he works for Sinister

I love Luc and Bella, but Henri, Lapin and Mercy? Kinda boring, no? I guess they'd be fine in passing but as possible focus points in a movie about super powered hero? I guess Tante could be interesting enough... I think I'd embrace the idea of Joelle or even Courier. I think Jessica Biel could pull Joelle off well...

But we still don't know exactly where the movie takes place... Exclusively in NOLA, just starting there and ending up in a bigger city, out of the country.... Want more information.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2015, 04:52:35 PM »
I hope Tithe Collector will appear too. Gambit just entirely blow up him!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2015, 05:00:17 PM »
LOL

Ryan Reynolds twitter:
It wasn't until I got home, I realized my keys, wallet and kidney was missing. #Gambit. #deadpool
1:02 AM - 13 Jul 2015

He posted it with this photo

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2015, 05:10:31 PM »
I love Luc and Bella, but Henri, Lapin and Mercy? Kinda boring, no? I guess they'd be fine in passing but as possible focus points in a movie about super powered hero? I guess Tante could be interesting enough... I think I'd embrace the idea of Joelle or even Courier. I think Jessica Biel could pull Joelle off well...

But we still don't know exactly where the movie takes place... Exclusively in NOLA, just starting there and ending up in a bigger city, out of the country.... Want more information.

Lapin is a good comedic relief character much like Courier who id like to see also played by Misha Colins, and id like to see them adapt some elements from the Titheing like Henri's death and Juliens resurrection, or show him with Remy in Paris

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2015, 05:35:48 PM »
I think I'd we're open to the Tithe then we got have Cassandra in it. But I guess she'd be pretty domineering in terms of development, unless Fox is going to use the Marvel route and have a "villain of the movie' type deal. Used once and then on to the next.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2015, 05:56:52 PM »
I think it would almost be better to go the GOTG route and not put a big focus on his backstory. Show the Guild for the first ten-fifteen minutes, then snap to present day with shenanigans of some sort happening and then the rest of the movie can be like Ocean's Eleven where he's trying to pull off a heist. Maybe an X-Men character tries to stop him or joins in when they realize the stakes are a bit bigger than they previously thought.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2015, 05:58:15 PM »
I think I'd we're open to the Tithe then we got have Cassandra in it. But I guess she'd be pretty domineering in terms of development, unless Fox is going to use the Marvel route and have a "villain of the movie' type deal. Used once and then on to the next.

Cassandra? do you mean Candra

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2015, 06:00:04 PM »
I think it would almost be better to go the GOTG route and not put a big focus on his backstory. Show the Guild for the first ten-fifteen minutes, then snap to present day with shenanigans of some sort happening and then the rest of the movie can be like Ocean's Eleven where he's trying to pull off a heist. Maybe an X-Men character tries to stop him or joins in when they realize the stakes are a bit bigger than they previously thought.

Gambits past being taken by the Guild and falling for bella could all be told in the credits or through V/O and open with the wedding and it going to hell real quick,

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2015, 06:08:42 PM »
 ;D I love Ryan Reynalds, his passion and support for Deadpool has been amazing. I'm sure he'll show the same support for the Gambit film. I know Tatum is going to do the exact same thing.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2015, 06:12:15 PM »
Singer just posted a pic of him and Channing Tatum. Caption says "Always wanted to work with this guy."

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2015, 06:13:44 PM »
Gambits past being taken by the Guild and falling for bella could all be told in the credits or through V/O and open with the wedding and it going to hell real quick,

Exactly. Then, after that, it's present day and shenanigans are happening. We know that the script is described as being "fun" and while I would love to see Mr. Sinister on screen, he isn't "fun" and I think Gambit would really benefit from not touching the superhero vs. supervillain stuff and staying grounded. Heist movies are super fun.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2015, 06:19:14 PM »
Yeah, wasn't the rumor that singer wanted Tatum for x3 (before he left and the script was completely changed...boo!)

Agree that the guild stuff should be smaller flasbacks and stick more to the present. Would love sinister to be the villian and to be a sort of anti-Xavier. Seemingly kind, English telepath/doctor who wants to 'help' but turns out to be a total psycho instead. Darn, now that I've written thT
at it won't happen...  :D

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2015, 06:24:24 PM »
Exactly. Then, after that, it's present day and shenanigans are happening. We know that the script is described as being "fun" and while I would love to see Mr. Sinister on screen, he isn't "fun" and I think Gambit would really benefit from not touching the superhero vs. supervillain stuff and staying grounded. Heist movies are super fun.

Fun rumour was from unknown actor whom I do not trust at all.
So far nothing indicates that script is fun. Even Gambit logo has blood on it.