Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 390434 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2015, 12:45:04 PM »
just change the first 4 names to Nathaniel, Bella, Julien (or maybe he's Nash), Jean Luc, so guilds then, sweet

Well I think you can do that. The whole production seems to be under a guise. I doubt they are using the real names for casting call. Comic fans are too knowledgeable and savy, we'd be able to deduce the whole plot by just knowing who's involved.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2015, 12:46:16 PM »
Yes, I immediately thought Sinister (as Essex) and then Belladonna.  Very cool.  Tatum needs to work on his accent fast though, that line he gave us at Comic Con was dismal. 

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2015, 03:33:22 PM »
Bah, my streak continues... Headsock, guild heavy and if that kid storm girl is kid storm, then movie set in the seventies...

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2015, 03:42:55 PM »
Maybe girl is kid Marrow.
I doubt it will be in 70's or prequel. I think it will be after Apocalypse in 90's or in nowadays.
I hope it will be with Deadpool in nowadays.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2015, 04:17:34 PM »
Maybe girl is kid Marrow.
I doubt it will be in 70's or prequel. I think it will be after Apocalypse in 90's or in nowadays.
I hope it will be with Deadpool in nowadays.

It'll only be set in the 90s if the movie following Apocalypse is. Fox wants a connected movie universe and imo wouldnt just let Tatum's Gambit to exist on its own island seperated from the rest. I suspect it'll be linked to the current cast or part of a re-reboot with the younger of the last cast ala Paquin, Ashmore, Cudmore, Page etc. (respectively; Rogue, Iceman, Colossus, Kitty). Just my vision of their options.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2015, 04:44:04 PM »
I think the same. Cudmore is not Colossus anymore so I think Rogue, Iceman and others would be recasted too.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 02:34:27 AM by purplevit »

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2015, 06:55:36 PM »
The only character that won't be recast is Wade Wilson. Because Ryan Reynolds was perfect for the part of Deadpool, they just f***ed it up horrifically. I think everyone else will be recast.

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2015, 07:03:50 PM »
With casting sides are showing up, it may even be possible that they already have their cast or most of it, or they have the main cast picked, and just need some some side characters to be cast.
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
    • The Art of AnimatedPhil: Philip McNulty
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2015, 12:04:44 PM »
Quote from: Dantay link=topic=4927. msg65572#msg65572 date=1437488475
just change the first 4 names to Nathaniel, Bella, Julien (or maybe he's Nash), Jean Luc, so guilds then, sweet

That is exactly what I thought.  I'm thinking it could be a bit origin, bit heist movie, maybe have some Sinister in there.  Possibly set up the Massacre.  Should be interesting. 

I am glad they are going with the Guild stuff.  It truly separates Gambit from the typical hero and gives these audiences who don't know the character, something unique to take away.

Headsock, guilds, possible Sinister.  Yeah.  I'm digging this.

William Shatner's Man O' War Artist.  
Kevin Smith's SModCo.   Cartoon Show Animator.  
Certified Gambit Fanatic.

Offline mythogma

• Outcast
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2015, 12:18:34 PM »
 I never thought Sinister when I read Louis ( Louis– Male, any ethnicity, 40s-50s. Elegant and intelligent. An appealing entrepreneur with an unexpected
dark side and or Fritz– Male, any ethnicity, 40s – 50s. A professional thief. Charismatic con-artist. Warm hearted but untrustworthy) I read it and thought both could be Jean-Luc LeBeau depending on how they go with the character. But I was wondering if it could be Marius Boudreaux instead of Sinister. Just a thought
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 12:32:41 PM by mythogma »
Gambit: "Psychologist?"
Brother Voodoo: "In out brief time together, I've seen evidence of a personality type that is narcissistic, kletomaniacal, pathological, adrenaline-addicted, anti-athority, and given to reckless suicidal tendencies. No offense to you, Remy. But a super hero that moonlights as a thief? Dude...you have issues!"
(Gambit OG 2 #12)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2015, 12:45:16 PM »
I didn't think Sinister either - I also gravitated to Jean-Luc for the Louis part. Too early to tell.

I had to share this and Don - don't bust on me.  This tumblr is making moola with calendars and books by pairing these two things together.   ;)  Oddly enough my friend, I am not alone in my like.

http://deshommesetdeschatons.tumblr.com/

Channing Tatum aka Gambit - and ...... kitten!

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
    • The Art of AnimatedPhil: Philip McNulty
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2015, 01:07:50 PM »
Quote from: mythogma link=topic=4927. msg65594#msg65594 date=1437581914
I never thought Sinister when I read Louis ( Louis– Male, any ethnicity, 40s-50s.  Elegant and intelligent.  An appealing entrepreneur with an unexpected
dark side and or Fritz– Male, any ethnicity, 40s – 50s.  A professional thief.  Charismatic con-artist.  Warm hearted but untrustworthy) I read it and thought both could be Jean-Luc LeBeau depending on how they go with the character.  But I was wondering if it could be Marius Boudreaux instead of Sinister.  Just a thought

My first reading was possible Jean Luc for both.  But the more I read over it.  I don't know if it's my own personal bia because Sinister is my favorite villain, but I think of the Gambit Weapon X Origin story where young Remy does a job for the Guild which Sinister hired them for.  I think it's just a great plot twist too.  Sinister & Gambit have such untapped story potential. 
William Shatner's Man O' War Artist.  
Kevin Smith's SModCo.   Cartoon Show Animator.  
Certified Gambit Fanatic.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2015, 01:15:42 PM »
I hope it will be Sinister. Most X fans would say that Sinister must be in Gambit movie.
No Rogue or X-Men in it - OK,  but Sinister must have cameo in it, even if he will appear just as Essex.

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2015, 03:43:25 PM »
http://deshommesetdeschatons.tumblr.com/

Channing Tatum aka Gambit - and ...... kitten!
Lol, those cats appeal to me more than most of the men...   ;D

I'm not gonna speculate on the characters, I really wouldn't know. We just have to be patient... Unfortunately...
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2015, 01:22:59 AM »
I do not know if it is legit, but it looks like the estimated budget for Gambit is $155million. I can't post a pic so I will post link

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=472819&page=32

Earlier producers told that this movie do not need to be big so I doubt it is true. What do you think?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 08:36:00 AM by purplevit »