Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385347 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2015, 08:21:07 AM »
Here is the image from that link - thanks Purple.

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2015, 10:37:29 PM »
Warren Drummond has been added to the crew, working in the Art Department on the storyboard.

Excited to see this production grow
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2015, 06:25:17 AM »
On other forums there are speculation that Wolfgang (– Male, authentic French, 40s. A French criminal. Must speak fluent French) may be fantomex >:(

Online Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2015, 12:17:02 PM »
On other forums there are speculation that Wolfgang (– Male, authentic French, 40s. A French criminal. Must speak fluent French) may be fantomex >:(

That's not nice--I just ate lunch.

“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2015, 12:50:59 PM »
Who is fantomex?
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2015, 01:11:39 PM »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2015, 03:55:06 PM »
http://marvel.com/universe/Fantomex

He's a french thief.

He's not really thief though, he is Weapon 13 from the Weapon plus program and i seriously doubt he will be appearing in the film, Gambit is from the french quarter , his cajun accen gets him mistaken for french. so it could be someone from NO, or he could be someone who hires Remy to steal a necklace from a woman by the name Genevieve Darcenaux?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2015, 05:41:34 PM »
so it could be someone from NO, or he could be someone who hires Remy to steal a necklace from a woman by the name Genevieve Darcenaux?

Oh, I would love it so much! My favourite story!

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2015, 09:38:23 AM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/tatums-gambit-production-kicks-off-in-october-with-hefty-budget ......preety much what we know already casting list and budget, thats a huge budget
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 09:40:30 AM by Dantay »

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2015, 10:58:57 AM »
I really hope that budgets wrong. That's a really big budget for a 'smaller' movie. Even Antman 'only' had a 130 budget. And that's from Marvel, whose had a great track record with solos and huge word of mouth reputation.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2015, 11:25:11 AM »
My guess is that they've changed their mind and are going big with it to try and position Gambit as one of the main movie universe character, now that Jackman and Lawrence's times are coming to an end.  Probably Gambit and Deadpool.  

In some ways great because more Gambit and more exposure for the character. Cool. In other ways though, more chance to screw it up with all the Fox suits involved.  I'm just trying not to think about it.  In my head we're getting a Gambit film and that's it.  I'll cross any other bridge that comes along when we get to it.  

Edit: read the article after I posted that, just what I was saying!

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2015, 12:42:34 PM »
keep in mind that budget will include Marketing and they will market the s*** out of Gambit, its alos looking good that they are waiting till October to film, this gives them lots of time in pre production to work out the kinks

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2015, 02:22:43 PM »
keep in mind that budget will include Marketing and they will market the s*** out of Gambit, its alos looking good that they are waiting till October to film, this gives them lots of time in pre production to work out the kinks

I wonder what that last $309 are for... A cheese platter, perhaps?

I love the fact that they making sure at least 30 million will be going to Louisianian employees. He'll probably make a quarter of the budget back in that tri-state area alone. Like the angle of authenticity he's playing.

Also annoys me that most of this movie may be in the swamp...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 03:04:20 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2015, 02:36:17 PM »
It will be good for the economy too, I don't believe NO has fully recovered from Katrina. 

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2015, 03:00:30 PM »
I wouldn't say New Orleans hasn't fully recovered from Katrina, but it certainly isn't what it was pre-Katrina. Still a great place to visit though.