Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385576 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2015, 05:07:21 PM »
I wouldn't say New Orleans hasn't fully recovered from Katrina, but it certainly isn't what it was pre-Katrina. Still a great place to visit though.

That is what I meant.  :)

I know its a great place to visit, I've been there. I'm mean that it will be great for the economy.   ;)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 05:14:04 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2015, 09:32:59 PM »
Well....there may be a issue with the movie...A MAJOR ONE IF ITS TRUE

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/466381-channing-tatum-exits-x-men-spinoff-gambit
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2015, 09:57:11 PM »
Well, if true ... not good as in -  no film.  But Tatum has lobbied so hard and for so long that all I can think is creative differences with others on the project.  But I think for myself I need another source. Guess we'll see.

http://comicsalliance.com/channing-tatum-has-left-the-gambit-solo-movie/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Still, need more.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 10:04:19 PM by Nekobaghira »

• X-Man
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2015, 10:08:54 PM »
I hear ya Neko, unless we get a rep from Tatum or Fox I aint gonna believe it, even more so with casting sides, among other things being leaked out over the last few days

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2015, 10:43:46 PM »
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 10:50:16 PM by Dantay »

• X-Man
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2015, 10:57:45 PM »
exactly and I would think tatum would say something before sites started jumping on it, but he is in the amazon right now so it could be a lie

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
    • The Art of AnimatedPhil: Philip McNulty
« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2015, 10:59:34 PM »
From what I read, they said with his two last big movies, Fox wanted to cut the budget nearly in half from the 150 and he would rather direct his own film if that were the case. Apparently it's due to the budget now.

Also, the movie is still going to move forward regardless of Tatum or not.

Josh Holloway anyone? haha.
William Shatner's Man O' War Artist.  
Kevin Smith's SModCo.   Cartoon Show Animator.  
Certified Gambit Fanatic.

• X-Man
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2015, 11:06:27 PM »
I have never heard an actor leave due to a budget before, it all seems fishy. Cause with production only being 75 days he could easily do both after Gambit is put in post production, many actors have done movies back to back so its not uncommon

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2015, 11:15:45 PM »
I have never heard an actor leave due to a budget before, it all seems fishy. Cause with production only being 75 days he could easily do both after Gambit is put in post production, many actors have done movies back to back so its not uncommon

I hear you. It sounds like a game of hardball to me. I'm just hoping somewhere in the Amazon, Channing is saying, "What's this now?" lol.

But if he is out. Then maybe Gaspard Ulliel?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 12:05:01 AM by AnimatedPhil »

• X-Man
« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2015, 11:27:14 PM »
I hear you. It sounds like a game of hardball to me. I'm just hoping somewhere in the Amazon Cahnning is saying, "What's this now?" lol.

But if he is out. Then maybe Gaspard Ulliel?

Oh I hope to god, he responds to this madness. Cause SDCC wasnt even a month ago and he was all so hung go about it and even doing interviews talking about it, plus with the budget being release, and casting call it seems to me that someone may have over-read something and took it as "he is leaving.." And knowing the "fangirls" they might be wanting to get whats his face who played Remy in Origins 

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2015, 12:28:46 AM »
Someone really needs to respond to this announcement.

People are going nuts!

What ever little faith people had in the production, whether it was for Gambit or Tatum, they're going to lose it real quick :-[

Talk about a spanner in the works  >:(

I hope this is is not true and just some made up gossip or if it's about the budget, slash if needed. I hope Tatum fights his corner for this film as I've seen how passionate he is for this character.

At first I thought this may have been a similar case to Ryan fighting against Fox for Deadpool.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2015, 12:38:35 AM »
Someone really needs to respond to this announcement.

People are going nuts!

What ever little faith people had in the production, whether it was for Gambit or Tatum, they're going to lose it real quick :-[

Talk about a spanner in the works  >:(

I hope this is is not true and just some made up gossip or if it's about the budget, slash if needed. I hope Tatum fights his corner for this film as I've seen how passionate he is for this character.

At first I thought this may have been a similar case to Ryan fighting against Fox for Deadpool.

The one positive thing about this is the fact that soooo many people are talking about it. And a huge majority still wanting a Gambit film. Even people asking who would make a better Gambit. So the demand for the Cajun is in.

The bad news is that, think of what you will of Tatum, he loves the character and I can't think of anyone who would try their best as much as him. I hope he tweets when he gets back from the jungle, "Everyone can relax. Gambit has returned."

• X-Man
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2015, 12:42:06 AM »
Oh that would be a sight to see, but yes someone needs to set the record straight

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2015, 12:47:28 AM »
I hope it is not true(

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2015, 12:51:42 AM »
Fingers crossed it's not true, this was not the news I wanted to wake up to  :'(

I'm actually hurt by this, my only hope is this will not be pushed back another year.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier