Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385861 times)

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #210 on: August 03, 2015, 06:25:44 PM »
Of course its people who dont a damn and dont to the research, they just know the basic which is sad. But I have a feeling when the movie is out next year everyone is gonna be saying "Why were there so much negative comments for it?" and hell even looking back at Origins, while it was a bad movie all together people dont really talk down on to like they should
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #211 on: August 03, 2015, 06:32:49 PM »
New York Post writer trashes Gambit and discourages Tatum from playing character on big screen: 
http://nypost.com/2015/08/03/channing-tatum-is-making-a-huge-mistake-playing-gambit/

-Bad accent (this should offend an entire sect of people...)
-lame powers (obviously has no clue what they are talking about.)
-canceled solos (...90% of solos get canceled.)

It wont let me reply... maybe we should answer his questions.

I just LOLed at that article... ;D
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #212 on: August 03, 2015, 08:15:51 PM »
I had a real hard time with that too and they only give you five minutes to edit your comment before you can't anymore.  Talk about frustrating.  I got one line in and that was it.

I guess I should have wrote out what I think in notepad, then copy and pasted.

Doesn't matter the other posters nailed it as far as I'm concerned.

I'm "Phil P", was finally able to post. Neko, that was a classy statement. But I agree the other posters did a great job.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #213 on: August 03, 2015, 08:28:31 PM »
I'm "Phil P", was finally able to post. Neko, that was a classy statement. But I agree the other posters did a great job.

I had a feeling you were "Phil P" .. because of what you stated was on CBR too.  Another poster popped in and made a great comment on the NYPost article (about trolling and negativity).  

I had no idea that NY Post trolled - or at least in this case - trolling.  

I meant to say more but sometimes one line is all you need.  And apparently no matter what else I wanted to say that one line was all I had.   :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 08:49:53 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline PS

• Gambler
« Reply #214 on: August 03, 2015, 11:00:34 PM »
Another poster popped in and made a great comment on the NYPost article (about trolling and negativity).

That would be me  :) I really liked the comments from both Neko and Phil!

I'm usually pretty quiet but felt I needed to get some stuff off my chest.  Anyways there will always be people like this but who cares - we're getting a Gambit film by an actor who seems to genuinely like the character - a rare thing. 

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #215 on: August 03, 2015, 11:11:51 PM »
There's always back lash and negativity when it comes to superhero castings but I have to admit, this one is starting to feel the same as Heath ledgers now. It's mirroring it in many ways.

Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #216 on: August 03, 2015, 11:51:08 PM »
haters gonna hate but no matter what they say Gambit 2016 wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Offline Sheba

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #217 on: August 04, 2015, 06:59:05 AM »
haters gonna hate but no matter what they say Gambit 2016 wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I legitimately do not care if the movie sucks, just so long as a lot of people go to see it and prove to the studio this character can be successful.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #218 on: August 04, 2015, 11:13:54 AM »
Spoonz posted too.  Don't want to leave anyone out from here who made a comment on the NYPost article.  A few more posts and really only one that didn't make sense as comments go. 

As far as the movie goes, I want it to be good and successful.  While the studio has some risk, Tatum does too.  Or he wouldn't have all the "other" financial components in this film.  Thats quite some incentive to make sure its right.  :)

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #219 on: August 04, 2015, 11:50:12 AM »
It's a big budget for a Gambit origin movie. Either there's a Guilds storyline of a larger (worldly) scale, or maybe the involvement of Mr Sinister (the number 3 X-Villain) with some Marauders. I can't help think that there will be a couple of well known mutants involved in it.

There will be a new take on it, no doubt. They may even be creating completely new characters that aren't in the comics, which they already are with those character names that were listed a few weeks back. I'm all for that, I'd rather see new characters that suit the storyline rather than throwing in some fan-favourites that are unjustified like they did in 'Wolverine' ...unless of course these fan-favourites have a purpose, then that's fine.

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #220 on: August 05, 2015, 06:37:23 AM »
Not sure if this is the right place. . .  So forgive me. 

With all this talk of his power being lame and having free time on hand. . . .  I figured I'd look what the science says. . .  I figured I'd start with the maddest incarnation New Sun.  Who has the greatest control over turning potential energy into kinetic and making stuff go boom.  I assumed he'd be able to release 100% of the energy locked in matter (seeing as he has absolute control over kinetic energy).  So looked that up apparently the max theorized energy in 1 kg of matter (Sorry metric) has 21. 5 megatons of energy (he maximum theoretical yield from 1 kg of matter by converting all of the mass into energy (by mass–energy equivalence, E = mc2) yields 89. 8 petajoules or the equivalent of 21. 5 megatons of TNT.  No practical method (He's a mutant who needs practical) of total conversion exists today, such as combining 500 grams of matter with 500 grams of antimatter.  However, in the case of proton–antiproton annihilation, approximately 50% of the released energy will escape in the form of neutrinos, which are almost undetectable. Electron–positron annihilation events emit their energy entirely as gamma rays. ). . .  or very roughly 2 Hiroshima bombs in a 1. 8 g playing card. . .  (kind of see why he wanted to Nerf that down. . .  accidentally fully charge a card and boom no more New Orleans). 

Then I figured well lets look at his ability to speed up objects what kind of damage could that inflict.  No reference is made as to how much he can speed up things.  So I assumed with his power being kinetic energy (speed of electrons all that) I'd link it to the speed of electricity which runs between 50-99% the speed of light (300,000,000m/s).  I settled on 70% of the max which is about the speed electricity moves through cables.  At that speed a 10 gram object would impact with the force of 220,500,000,000,000 joules or 0. 05 megatons (about 3 Hiroshima bombs)(I got that massive number with this formula 0. 5*0. 01kg*210,000,000m/s^2, Kinetic energy formula is joules = 1/2 * Mass (KG) * m/s^2)  I started to figure out why he doesn't use a kinetically charged rail gun rifle effort. . . . .  So new son = stupidly op. . .  At this point of stupidly over powerful I tried to figure out normal gambit. . . .

Using a 1. 8 g playing card carrying the force of 100 grams of tnt which works out at 372,333 joules per gram (Based on 6,702 joules per 1 g of tnt).  I worked out he only has 0. 000000414% of new sons max potential. . . .  I wonder if he's holding back. 

After this I gave up as the math was crazy and the idea of a man hauling around nuclear bomb equivalent cards / bullets seemed op even by comic standards.  I decided current Gambit is plenty powerful and if he really wanted well we are all screwed. 

Seriously can anyone tell me how much of an objects potential energy Gambit can tap.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #221 on: August 05, 2015, 07:24:39 AM »
all of its potential, but Gambit is at like 40% power , 100% is New Son where he can manipulate time and space, fly , charge organic and inorganic matter and other stuff, as for the speeding up of objects Gambit cant do that, his abilities and speed are above average human because of his training with the Guilds from a young age, Gambit has never shown that his powers gave him superhuman agility and dexterity because even without powers he still had those

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #222 on: August 05, 2015, 09:16:22 AM »
It was alluded on the basketball court issue that his powers helped some with agility.  However, I don't think it was really referenced after that.

As for his powers.  He's pretty op when at full power, but he is one of those characters that has never relied on his powers.  Yes, he has them, knows how to use them, but they aren't a crutch for him.  I think that is an important thing to note.  He's very self aware of the damage he can cause with them. 

The movie might take a more offensive nature with his powers, guess we'll see.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #223 on: August 05, 2015, 09:57:16 AM »
It was alluded on the basketball court issue that his powers helped some with agility.  However, I don't think it was really referenced after that.

As for his powers.  He's pretty op when at full power, but he is one of those characters that has never relied on his powers.  Yes, he has them, knows how to use them, but they aren't a crutch for him.  I think that is an important thing to note.  He's very self aware of the damage he can cause with them. 

The movie might take a more offensive nature with his powers, guess we'll see.

yup he has alot of powers that have been alluded to and never again mentioned or picked up by another writer or made cannon, yet wiki and marvel bio page add them in as cannon yet he has never used them, remember when he could see the future when he was blind that got dropped real quick but it happened on panel in continuity so theres more proof for it than any other powers alluded to, i always too the basket ball court as Rogue being made because they were losing and the fact that even powerless he is still as fast and agile, She says that Gambits powers give him natural agility how do they know if he is using them or not. i swear im not being a smart ass its a genuine question does Natural agility not mean like normal agility like nothing super?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #224 on: August 05, 2015, 10:05:27 AM »
yup he has alot of powers that have been alluded to and never again mentioned or picked up by another writer or made cannon, yet wiki and marvel bio page add them in as cannon yet he has never used them, remember when he could see the future when he was blind that got dropped real quick but it happened on panel in continuity so theres more proof for it than any other powers alluded to, i always too the basket ball court as Rogue being made because they were losing and the fact that even powerless he is still as fast and agile, She says that Gambits powers give him natural agility how do they know if he is using them or not. i swear im not being a smart ass its a genuine question does Natural agility not mean like normal agility like nothing super?

It's the verbiage used to talk about his agility, when she says his powers give him natural agility.  Does it mean, it adds to what he already knows or has been trained to do? Or is the question not really agility but stamina.  He can continue to rely on his normal/natural agility that is fueled by his powers for length of time.  I dunno.  

We don't really get to see the full use of anything he can do, outside of the charging of cards.  

« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 10:11:52 AM by Nekobaghira »