Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385805 times)

Offline M

• X-Man
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #285 on: August 26, 2015, 12:35:44 AM »
Not saying everyone is a mutant.  My point is I suspect there were be far more super powered individuals than the TG and AG that were in the comics and you could play up the conflict between the two groups more if one side had more supes and the other side had more mutants as it becomes a microcosm of the overal tension between super powered humans and mutants.

I totally agree with the sentiment but I still don't think I can trust Fox to deliver something like that as of right now.

However I agree that perhaps we will see a power uppage within the story, I'm really not sure it's neccessary but I do like the idea of Julian being a mutant or having a power set very much. It would set up the conflict as a lot more serious and is also an area where the script has a lot of room to play since Gambit's origins are very much still vague to this very day.

@Donpricetag
Love this idea that it doesn't have to be mutant powers, it would play very much into the New Orleans setting if they go the route you are thinking.

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #286 on: August 26, 2015, 03:23:09 AM »
In other news, I think we'll see Gambut on a motorbike. Tatum announced today he just finished a riding course.

I'm guessing this has to do with the film.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #287 on: August 26, 2015, 06:47:23 AM »
In other news, I think we'll see Gambut on a motorbike. Tatum announced today he just finished a riding course.

I'm guessing this has to do with the film.

It would be awesome!

Offline Homme

• Survivor
  • I would trade my eyes to see.
« Reply #288 on: August 26, 2015, 02:27:14 PM »
I hope there's a high-speed chase scene and Gambit manages to blow up a road or a bridge or something to escape his chasers.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #289 on: August 26, 2015, 02:50:56 PM »
when i was in school around the time X-Men came out i wrote a script for the squeal and in it Gambit had a motor bike he charged up and jumped off as it went straight into the X- Jet blowing it up ....he starts out as a bad guy, always loved the idea of him charging up a bike and blowing something up with it

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #290 on: August 26, 2015, 03:21:15 PM »
Best example) Part 1

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #291 on: August 26, 2015, 03:21:50 PM »
And part 2)

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #292 on: August 26, 2015, 10:32:32 PM »

I totally agree with the sentiment but I still don't think I can trust Fox to deliver something like that as of right now.

However I agree that perhaps we will see a power uppage within the story, I'm really not sure it's neccessary but I do like the idea of Julian being a mutant or having a power set very much. It would set up the conflict as a lot more serious and is also an area where the script has a lot of room to play since Gambit's origins are very much still vague to this very day.

@Donpricetag
Love this idea that it doesn't have to be mutant powers, it would play very much into the New Orleans setting if they go the route you are thinking.

Well if the movie does get beyond Gambit leaving New Orleans (ie it ends with his exile and the fight with Julian) then I would think Julian would have to be powered up in some way.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #293 on: August 26, 2015, 11:41:58 PM »
I hope there's a high-speed chase scene and Gambit manages to blow up a road or a bridge or something to escape his chasers.
If there's not a acrobatic motorcycle chase, then these people have no business making a gambit movie, but they clearly no nothing!  ;D

Did they say bell could could Astral project? Plasma blasts I kinda remember but astral projecting?

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #294 on: August 27, 2015, 03:12:10 AM »
If there's not a acrobatic motorcycle chase, then these people have no business making a gambit movie, but they clearly no nothing!  ;D

Did they say bell could could Astral project? Plasma blasts I kinda remember but astral projecting?

X-Men issue 8 when she first appears she fires a blast that hits Gambit Bishop and Rogue , useing here astral projection power is what killed her fighting the Brood in issue 9

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #295 on: August 27, 2015, 11:12:14 AM »
I do not want Bella to be a mutant. Just let her throw knives and be an awesome fighter.
Interesting if they will use  story that thieves got life and assassins got power.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #296 on: August 27, 2015, 01:03:39 PM »
I do not want Bella to be a mutant. Just let her throw knives and be an awesome fighter.
Interesting if they will use  story that thieves got life and assassins got power.

Im cool with her being a mutant, I just dont want them overdoing it. A movie like this needs some subtly, and nothing helps an action flick like a good segment(s) of hand to hand combat. Not every movie can look like Born Identity or Winter Soldier in terms of choreography, but one that centers around highly trained assassins and thieves undoubtedly trained to at least be able to defend themselves against, if not beat an assassin, it fits perfectly. Who ever did the last aforementioned movies need to be a part of this movie.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #297 on: August 27, 2015, 02:41:18 PM »
Bella needs to be kick ass and deadly dangerous , one of my favorite Gambit descriptions of her is this "Remy always loved her laugh, equal parts lust for life and threat of Danger", a bit further in the dialog theres this gem "He'd love to chat whit his ex-wife, but cant since Bella Donna would kill him before the word hello passed his lips"

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #298 on: August 27, 2015, 05:15:16 PM »
Well if they go the power route, I would want to have it be along the lines of Ninja type level powers you saw in anima of Japanese manga.  Stuff like invisibility, powers of misdirection, super agility, durability, etc.  Like I remember Ninja Scroll where you had Emi Shinohara who was immune to poisons and was the Imperial food taster and so her body was toxic to the point that anyone who so much as kissed her would die.

Point being it should be powers that would aid them in actually carrying out whatever role they have in the TG or AG.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #299 on: August 27, 2015, 05:24:45 PM »
Well if they go the power route, I would want to have it be along the lines of Ninja type level powers you saw in anima of Japanese manga.  Stuff like invisibility, powers of misdirection, super agility, durability, etc.  Like I remember Ninja Scroll where you had Emi Shinohara who was immune to poisons and was the Imperial food taster and so her body was toxic to the point that anyone who so much as kissed her would die.

Point being it should be powers that would aid them in actually carrying out whatever role they have in the TG or AG.

Emi always reminded me of Rogue....wait didnt Jubei kiss Emi ?