Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385307 times)

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #330 on: September 16, 2015, 09:23:42 PM »
Mel Gibson

Okay now your just trolling lol
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #331 on: September 16, 2015, 09:25:19 PM »
Mel Gibson, Joss Whedon, Bryan Singer, Matthew Vaughn , George Miller, Edgar Wright, or Chris Miller & Phil Lord

I remember when Edgar Wright left Ant-Man I really hoping for Fox to snatch him up, not even really for Gambit, but still. He'd make a great X-Men or X-Men related movie.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #332 on: September 16, 2015, 09:39:35 PM »
Okay now your just trolling lol

trolling would be suggesting Tommy Wiseau, Mel Gibson is a really good director

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #333 on: September 16, 2015, 09:55:59 PM »
Doug Limen. ::drops the mic::

Please don't take this as trolling, but I can't describe how much I disagree with you. Those movies knew they were changing shifts in direction of tone of the movie. But it's also same affect of The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. Same director, two completely different films. DK was brilliant. Every bit. But DKR was a total mess. Total mess. Plot holes. Dragging plot. Pacing issues. Sound and visual issues. People seem to give it a pass because it is Nolan and his first two were brilliant.

And when it comes to this movie in particular, I see it more of what Ant-Man is/was. It is a film that is spearheaded by everyone but the director. It was a cog in the wheel of franchise films. This is a Channing Tatum and Reid Carolin movie who want to direct together and Channing wanted a big name director for the film.

And Wyatt also left because he felt the budget was getting too big. I quite frankly don't want a director who gets distracted by that type of thing. Can't take the heat, step out of the kitchen. I am ready to see who they are going to add in as director, but it's Channing's movie. He will probably get someone who he can work with.

FYI a difference in opinion is NOT trolling.  :)
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #334 on: September 16, 2015, 09:57:13 PM »
or me i could do it, free too

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #335 on: September 16, 2015, 10:01:22 PM »
Why didn't I think of Steven Soderbergh? Throw him on the list.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #336 on: September 16, 2015, 11:23:30 PM »
WHY NOW?! WHY SO CLOSE TO SHOOTING THIS GOTTA HAPPEN?! WE NEED SOMEONE LIKE IN THE NEXT 3 WEEKS TO SIGN!!!!!

The film was suppose to start shooting in November but it looks like filming is now moving to March 2016 as they are apparently trying to shoot it around Mardi Gras which I suppose makes sense.  So probably not going to have much Gambit news for a while if filming has been pushed back 4 months.  I suspect the October 2016 release is likely to move as well if this is true and perhaps if the budget is increasing they are planning for this to come out during the Christmas/New Years time frame or Feb/March 2017.

If Jackman is really leaving then perhaps the increase in budget is because they are trying to invest more into this film to turn it from an Ant-Man style budget to one more comparable to a summer blockbuster so they can position Gambit as the replacement for Wolverine.  That was part of the rumor as to why Tatum's deal got held up is because he wanted to be compensated more for replacing Jackman.  It probably also may mean more super powered guest appearances to showcase more summer blockbuster special effects.

http://deadline.com/2015/09/rupert-wyatt-channing-tatum-gambit-fox-x-men-1201530583/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/channing-tatums-gambit-movie-loses-823992
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 11:32:57 PM by remydat »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #337 on: September 17, 2015, 12:49:37 AM »
Why didn't I think of Steven Soderbergh? Throw him on the list.

Oceans Eleven... Nice. Can we mix Limen and Soderbergh and turn Gambit into a Ocean's Eleven- Bourne Identity hybrid?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #338 on: September 17, 2015, 11:53:34 PM »
I want to see this film show the underworld of New Orleans.

I don't want it to be just light and fluffy, it needs to have a balance of light moments/humour and show dark serious moments.

If you put Gambit in the real world, let's be honest no one would like this guy.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #339 on: September 18, 2015, 11:59:48 AM »
I am sad that Wyatt left. I hope new director will be really good.

Film shooting with Mardi Grass is interesting idea.

I think everything will be fine.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #340 on: September 18, 2015, 12:32:29 PM »
I think a scene in Mardi Gras would be key! And a good nod to G's history.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #341 on: September 18, 2015, 02:44:05 PM »
I am sad that Wyatt left. I hope new director will be really good.

Film shooting with Mardi Grass is interesting idea.

I think everything will be fine.

filming during Mardi Gras is an idiotic move, if it was staged you can control everything doing the real thing production is dealing with noise they have no control over and drunk people which is a disaster, this sounds bad

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #342 on: September 25, 2015, 05:44:40 AM »
Amy Westcott is the costume designer for Gambit. She has recently been added to the crew list on IMDB

I'm curious to see what she will do with his costume or which one they will use.

After seeing Deadpool, I hope we at least get to have Gambits costume. 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 05:46:54 AM by Gambit4love1 »
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #343 on: September 25, 2015, 10:45:09 AM »
You know, everybody on that production team have worked on some great films. Except the X-men 3 guy.  But yeah I'm seeing Avengers there, The Wrestler, Nightcrawler...looks promising.

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #344 on: September 28, 2015, 02:45:50 AM »
Anna Paquin confirms she will not be suing Rogue in the Gambit film
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier