Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385816 times)

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #360 on: September 30, 2015, 04:58:47 PM »
I wish Tatum would start teasing us fans again like he did with the date of release.

I feel articles on the Internet and some Comic fans are trying to put this film in a negative light before filming even begins.

I want to see him tease the costume or a prop, similar to what Ryan Reynolds did with Deadpool.

I feel keeping quiet too long will be a bad move for this film.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #361 on: September 30, 2015, 05:33:53 PM »
id say they are trying to get a director first

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
    • The Art of AnimatedPhil: Philip McNulty
« Reply #362 on: September 30, 2015, 05:36:45 PM »
id say they are trying to get a director first

Agreed.

Also, according to sources, Rupert Wyatt left the Gambit film due to Channing Tatum wanting more input because he knows how the character would act in certain situations. And Wyatt left due to not having his full vision carried out. I have to say, C-Tates really does love the character. Lol. So the next director better be willing to work with Channing. Hopefully his passion gets carried through in his acting. Lol.
William Shatner's Man O' War Artist.  
Kevin Smith's SModCo.   Cartoon Show Animator.  
Certified Gambit Fanatic.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #363 on: September 30, 2015, 05:47:24 PM »
And lets keep in mind, its early.  The shoot has been moved so that Mardi Gras can be used in the background.  Its too early gang.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #364 on: September 30, 2015, 05:56:12 PM »
No reason to show costume right now. Raynolds showed Deadpool costume right before filming.

I hope to hear news bout director soon.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #365 on: September 30, 2015, 08:48:46 PM »
Agreed.

Also, according to sources, Rupert Wyatt left the Gambit film due to Channing Tatum wanting more input because he knows how the character would act in certain situations. And Wyatt left due to not having his full vision carried out. I have to say, C-Tates really does love the character. Lol. So the next director better be willing to work with Channing. Hopefully his passion gets carried through in his acting. Lol.

really? because the official word from Wyatts spokesperson is that he left due to schedual, filming was pushed to March and he has another film lined up and doesnt have time for the two

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #366 on: September 30, 2015, 09:01:45 PM »
This is a recent article that is being published about the film. Another article that is adding/fuelling to the negativity talk.

I maybe over reacting but it would be nice to see a small tease, like an image of one of Gambit solo comics on a table that may hint at the script or some cards on a table.

Little things like that will tease the fans with excitement, leading up to filming.

It will also peak their interests and keep the film in a positive light.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #367 on: September 30, 2015, 09:43:50 PM »
I didn't get anything negative from that article. It was all about how Rupert Wyatt has ditched on movies because he's afraid of messing up and making a bad one. THR never said the Gambit movie would be bad, but that studios are hesitant in going for Wyatt's vision when they often already have their own and rather than find a way merge them both, he walks.

He walked away from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, The Equalizer, and an unrealized movie. Really this situation is not all that different than Edgar Wright leaving Ant-Man. Wright had his vision and Disney had their own. Nothing jived, so he walked.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #368 on: October 01, 2015, 11:09:27 AM »
http://www.newsarama.com/26107-gambit-director-comments-on-his-departure.html

Direcor Rupert Wyatt has been largely mum about his high-profile exit from 20th Century Fox's Gambit film. Blaming it on scheduling conflicts, Wyatt backed out of the project in mid-September.

Now, speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, Wyatt commented on his departue from Gambit.

"It's not necessarily acrimonious," said Wyatt. "The studios, with these big movies, have very specific visions of what they want. They don't necessarily want an auteur who's going to try to reinvent the franchise. Of course the studios would love it if a director did what they want, when they want, but it doesn't always work out."

According to the article from THR, Wyatt was reluctant to sign

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #369 on: October 06, 2015, 04:34:08 PM »
So it's the start of the new James Bond interviews. I'm sure Lea will be asked a few questions about Gambit.

Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #370 on: October 07, 2015, 05:02:25 AM »
http://www.newsarama.com/26107-gambit-director-comments-on-his-departure.html

Does this not bother anybody else?  Fox has a horrible reputation for meddling in it's films to the point that the director just gives up and makes a piece of trash, if they don't walk  before filming.  I'm really hoping they don't ruin Gambit, and F4 as an indicator does not bode well. 

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #371 on: October 07, 2015, 10:40:54 AM »
Matthew Vaughn left DOFP and that movie turned out fine.  F4 failed because the director was a tool.  Not because Fox studios said he was but because the entire cast has said so.  At one point there were reports he and Miles Teller almost got into a fist fight.  So I wouldn't use F4 as any sort of indicator of things unless the Gambit film ends up with a director that is also a tool.

Further, no studio is going to help bankroll a $100 million film and not meddle.  Would you turn over that kind of money to someone and not have any input into the process.  At the end of the day, the studio is going to have a vision and the director is going to have a vision, and Tatum is going to have a vision, etc.  The trick is to have people involved that can balance all the different ideas and make it work.  That's how it is on all films and better to find out now that a Director may not be on the same page as the studio or the star rather than after filming starts.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #372 on: October 12, 2015, 08:41:59 AM »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/12/nycc-2015-bryan-cranston-reveals-the-marvel-villain-he-wants-to-play?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=Movies&utm_content=3&utm_campaign=Blogroll

Bryan Cranston would love to play Mr. Sinister.  Not sure where the movie is at right now but who knows.  LOL.  It's just a fun short article.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #373 on: October 12, 2015, 11:18:25 AM »
...that would be to awesome to actually happen...

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #374 on: October 12, 2015, 12:25:06 PM »
I never thought about him as Sinister but he is really good actor so I would like it.

He would perform amazing transformaion from Essex to Sinister.