Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385323 times)

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
    • The Art of AnimatedPhil: Philip McNulty
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #450 on: December 22, 2015, 07:00:59 PM »
http://youtu.be/tKARMYp-ml4

2.40 mark Tatum does a Cajun Accent  :D

I have to say. He pretty much effin' rocked it. And he held it too. Goodness. Channing is spoiling me this Christmas. Haha.
William Shatner's Man O' War Artist.  
Kevin Smith's SModCo.   Cartoon Show Animator.  
Certified Gambit Fanatic.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #451 on: December 22, 2015, 08:05:31 PM »
Wasn't as bad as I thought. I hope he has it locked down before shooting begins, but it doest sound silly. He's been working on it.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
    • The Art of AnimatedPhil: Philip McNulty
« Reply #452 on: December 22, 2015, 10:22:54 PM »
Wasn't as bad as I thought. I hope he has it locked down before shooting begins, but it doest sound silly. He's been working on it.

He has definitely improved since the SDCC snippet.
William Shatner's Man O' War Artist.  
Kevin Smith's SModCo.   Cartoon Show Animator.  
Certified Gambit Fanatic.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #453 on: December 23, 2015, 06:13:46 AM »
bits sound Jamaican lol but it sounds good 

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #454 on: December 23, 2015, 06:30:15 AM »
I can see results of his training :) Sounds good to me.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #455 on: December 23, 2015, 09:20:44 AM »
bits sound Jamaican lol but it sounds good 

Actually being Jamaican, I'm going to have to disagree. If I had to compare it to a Caribbean island... I'd say Bahamian or Virigin Island.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #456 on: December 23, 2015, 05:36:52 PM »
I'm Bahamian and I would say it didn't sound too Bahamian to me.  I thought the second sentence he got a little Jamaican but for the most part I would say it sounded like people from Louisiana even if it wasn't full on Cajun.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #457 on: December 23, 2015, 07:18:37 PM »
I'm Bahamian and I would say it didn't sound too Bahamian to me.  I thought the second sentence he got a little Jamaican but for the most part I would say it sounded like people from Louisiana even if it wasn't full on Cajun.

I dunno... I have a few friends from Bimini, that say "Tru" rather than "through" (and actually my dad's side of the family is from Cat isle, but he's born and raised in Opalocka MIA, so it doest count LOL), but maybe he'd have to add "boy" at the end ;). And remember, I said "if I had to", which means I wouldn't say it sounds Caribbean at all, at least not my first comparison. It just didn't sound Jamaican at all to me. With my wife and her family being from Mo-Bay and mine from St Elizabeth/Kingston, I'm fairly saturated in the accent LOL.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 07:21:10 PM by DonPriceTag »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #458 on: December 23, 2015, 08:36:07 PM »
Nah I hear you. It was just that second line of his that had a faint hint of Jamaican to me but yeah I suppose it's probably a situation where for me it would sound a but Jamaican and for you a but Bahamian because for both of us we don't think it sounds like the accent we are most familiar with.

I am more surprised that all this time and it didn't come up before that we both have Caribbean connections.  I was born in Freeport and grew up in Nassau.  I came to the US for college and bounced between living in the US and Europe ever since.  Actually just landed back in the Bahamas for Christmas as all my family is still here.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 08:38:27 PM by remydat »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #459 on: December 24, 2015, 12:09:24 AM »
Nah I hear you. It was just that second line of his that had a faint hint of Jamaican to me but yeah I suppose it's probably a situation where for me it would sound a but Jamaican and for you a but Bahamian because for both of us we don't think it sounds like the accent we are most familiar with.

I am more surprised that all this time and it didn't come up before that we both have Caribbean connections.  I was born in Freeport and grew up in Nassau.  I came to the US for college and bounced between living in the US and Europe ever since.  Actually just landed back in the Bahamas for Christmas as all my family is still here.

Both my wife's and I family are all stateside now. Any of our family get together occur here in Miami with acceptation of my uncle in Houston and aunt in Brooklyn. But, yeah that makes sense. I'm just glad the accent he's working on is further along and a bit more developed than what I had thought. For a while I thought he'd just pull a Halle Berry in X2 and just 86 it altogether. But its thick enough where I can almost picture him using it full time.

Offline JJB26

• Winning
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #460 on: December 24, 2015, 05:12:39 AM »
Just watched "The Hateful Eight." Tatum damn sure has been practicing his Cajun.
I'm no criminal. I just do as I please.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #461 on: December 24, 2015, 06:11:54 AM »
Just watched "The Hateful Eight." Tatum damn sure has been practicing his Cajun.

one of the worst films i've ever seen but Tatum was very good in it

Offline JJB26

• Winning
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #462 on: December 24, 2015, 12:22:24 PM »
It definitely wasn't one of Tarantino's better films but I didn't think it was horrible. And yeah, Tatum did give a really good performance.

Offline Sheba

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #463 on: December 25, 2015, 04:53:47 PM »
Walton Goggins is in that, right? Ever since Justified I've been mildly obsessed.

But yeah, if it's got Channing playing a Cajun I may just have to see it!

Offline JJB26

• Winning
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #464 on: December 25, 2015, 08:11:23 PM »
Walton Goggins is in that, right? Ever since Justified I've been mildly obsessed.

But yeah, if it's got Channing playing a Cajun I may just have to see it!
Yeah, he's in it. He sure plays some great douchebags.