Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385364 times)

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #465 on: December 28, 2015, 05:26:27 AM »
So Fox is making an X-Force film. I'm assuming colousses and who appears in Deadpool is part of that team. Do you expect someone from X-Force to appear in Gambit?

Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #466 on: December 28, 2015, 10:08:15 AM »
So Fox is making an X-Force film. I'm assuming colousses and who appears in Deadpool is part of that team. Do you expect someone from X-Force to appear in Gambit?

The idea's been floating around for a while now.  There's a script or 2. A director. Nothing official though. It all depends on what takes place in what time line really.  I feel like X-force will take place in the preset day with Deadpool. Until we find out when Gambit takes place for certain, we won' know.
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #467 on: December 28, 2015, 11:02:59 AM »
Here's some concept art. But I agree until more details come out, we won't know much of anything.

I suppose Fox could taking the Avengers approach and make all these characters intertwine in some way with the solo films and stuff.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/concept-art-hints-potential-x-force-movie-lineup

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #468 on: December 28, 2015, 11:52:57 AM »
The idea's been floating around for a while now.  There's a script or 2. A director. Nothing official though. It all depends on what takes place in what time line really.  I feel like X-force will take place in the preset day with Deadpool. Until we find out when Gambit takes place for certain, we won' know.

I don't think Deadpool is "present day". I keep hearing music and seeing props that place it in the 90s. But that could always be Deadpool's qwerkiness because I did see NSW with touch screen phone... So my post is pointless.

But if it is present day, I think that may be the reason Tatum wasn't in Apocalypse. Because that would force Gambit to be in that timeline. I'm sure if Deadpool is going to be the hit Fox wants it to be, they are going to want to cross him over with other potential hits. I was getting used to Gambit being in the early 90s but I'm cool with a present day take. It gives the opportunity to see him alongside a proper X-Men team.

I'd be kind of surprised because it means one of two things; 1. The current younger cast thats portraying the X-Men will only have this movie that's coming out, and then they'll be recast for older characters or just replcaed with the former cast, Femke, Berry, etc. 2. The next couple X-Men films will be set in the past while, Gambit, Deadpool, and X-Force take place in the present. That could get confusing to the general audience.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 11:59:08 AM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #469 on: December 28, 2015, 03:05:14 PM »
I don't think Deadpool is "present day". I keep hearing music and seeing props that place it in the 90s. But that could always be Deadpool's qwerkiness because I did see NSW with touch screen phone... So my post is pointless.

Deadpool is set in the present day, never go by music in trailers, like you said NSW has a touchscreen phone, the vehicles are present day vehicles, he mentions tweeting and shake weight , plus Reynolds has stated its set in the present day as has the director along with a tidbit that Wade Wilson pre Deadpool will not break the 4th wall 

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #470 on: December 28, 2015, 03:26:40 PM »
Deadpool is set in the present day, never go by music in trailers, like you said NSW has a touchscreen phone, the vehicles are present day vehicles, he mentions tweeting and shake weight , plus Reynolds has stated its set in the present day as has the director along with a tidbit that Wade Wilson pre Deadpool will not break the 4th wall 

Not the trailer music, Deadpool was singing "shoop" (Salt n Peppa, around 95ish?) off of a Sony Walkman... When was the last time you heard that song or seen a Walkman LOL.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #471 on: December 28, 2015, 05:03:41 PM »
Could see deadpool having prolonged flashbacks (cuz he doesn't age, right?) so some '90's scenes, so present day.

I'd rather have gambit in the present day than stuck in a period piece (I'd also like that rest of the x peeps back in the present time  ;D ) Seriously Xavier and mags 'aged' twenty years in the the past trilogy and they didn't even bother with age make up. Do the same thing with the 'x-kids'.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #472 on: December 28, 2015, 05:26:47 PM »
Not the trailer music, Deadpool was singing "shoop" (Salt n Peppa, around 95ish?) off of a Sony Walkman... When was the last time you heard that song or seen a Walkman LOL.

He's not exactly the wealthiest of people lol. Plus he tells Negasonic Teenage Warhead to finish her tweet in the trailer.
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #473 on: December 28, 2015, 11:07:48 PM »
He's not exactly the wealthiest of people lol. Plus he tells Negasonic Teenage Warhead to finish her tweet in the trailer.

Yes, I mentioned that and how it made my post unnecessary. LOL

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #474 on: December 29, 2015, 03:24:20 AM »
McAvoy is gonna stay as prof X so I don`t think that new X kids will be recasted for future movies with older cast. I would like Gambit solo to be in moder day with Deadpool but I think solo will take place after Apocalypse and before new X-Men trilogy.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #475 on: January 01, 2016, 03:48:51 PM »
Just an interesting article. Nothing new

‘Gambit’ Release Ultimately Being Pushed Back To 2017

http://www.omegaunderground.com/2016/01/01/gambit-ultimately-pushing-back-release-date-to-at-least-2017/

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #476 on: January 02, 2016, 01:33:30 AM »
I hope they release news after news soon with the casting.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
« Reply #477 on: January 04, 2016, 07:44:38 PM »
Ugh they should be starting to shoot within the next few weeks since they wanted the Mardi gras to work in since that's the 9th of next month
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #478 on: January 04, 2016, 08:38:23 PM »
It is frustrating not knowing any news on the film. Mardi Gras starts from late January to February right?

If that is the case I would expect them to announce more casting in the next week or so.

I hope nothing bad is happening with the film.

Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #479 on: January 05, 2016, 02:11:11 AM »
Strange. I do not know why but I thought they will start shooting in March.