Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385505 times)

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #480 on: January 05, 2016, 02:15:05 AM »
Could just be exterior shots of the parade. Now I know to take IMDB with a pinch of salt because it's not always accurate, but I noticed they haven't got the cinematographer listed yet in the crew list.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
« Reply #481 on: January 05, 2016, 02:20:19 AM »
Well, if they want to get it out by next Jan or Feb then they need to get moving!
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #482 on: January 05, 2016, 03:18:06 AM »
I remembered.

In previous interview Kinberg told: "We hope to start shooting next spring."

http://collider.com/gambit-movie-heist-film-sexy-thriller-channing-tatum/

So I doubt that shooting will start in January or February :(

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #483 on: January 05, 2016, 06:52:17 AM »
Mardi Gras doesn't have a set date each year--this year it's on February 9. If it's supposed to start shooting in spring, then I would think March. If they're doing a Mardi Gras scene, then I'd say mid/late January.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:30:41 PM by Miss Misery »
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #484 on: January 07, 2016, 03:48:30 AM »
New Update

Now that Channing Tatum superhero vehicle and X-Men spinoff film Gambit has a director again, and its star its officially locked in, the project is full steam ahead and still scheduled for an October release.

Speaking to Empire Magazine, producer Simon Kinberg describes Gambit as “a sexy PG-13 heist film,” and says that Tatum will be drawing inspiration from the comics he loves.

“Channing is a big fan of the comic,” Kinberg says, “so the accent, the attitude, the costume in many way, will be in the film. And he’s a character with a complex backstory – we’re playing him as a thief in the film, and that’s a big part of the story.”
Gambit’s had a number of costumes in the comics, so it will be interesting to see how they translate that to film. We’re assuming that, if they’re playing him as a thief, the bright pink breastplate and metal boots will be toned down a bit.

As for Gambit’s backstory, Kinberg may say “complex,” but “convoluted” may be more accurate. Remy’s origin involves rival guild’s vying for favor with an X-Ternal, some kind of godlike, immortal mutant. It’s a bit much for a heist film.

However, if they do want to go the heist route, they should really look towards the most recent Gambit solo comic for inspiration. Written by James Asmus, the series was basically a mutant version of the Thomas Crown Affair.

I hope it's not all based on the new Gambit Stories, they are too squeaky clean. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed them but I would prefer to hear about Sinister and the mutant massacre. I want Gambit to be slight gritty and dark in tone but with light bits. After all he grew up in and around the underworld.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 03:54:32 AM by Gambit4love1 »
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #485 on: January 07, 2016, 12:46:43 PM »
Interesting to see Gambit costume. I think they will use X-treme X-men headsock(half of head covered) + Mann`s purple suit+trenchcoat.
I hope they will make eyes red/black.

Surprised that movie is still scheduled for an October release.

Sinister is a must be. Even is it is just a cameo as Essex.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #486 on: January 07, 2016, 01:15:16 PM »
New Update

I hope it's not all based on the new Gambit Stories, they are too squeaky clean. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed them but I would prefer to hear about Sinister and the mutant massacre. I want Gambit to be slight gritty and dark in tone but with light bits. After all he grew up in and around the underworld.

Its still possible for Sinister to play a part, even if its small. The fact that hes a shape-shifter helps, he can be anybody, but I doubt it with approach they are taking in this one "sexy heist film". The massacre would be nothing but a total mess for this project. This is practically the first time audiences will be seeing Gambit outside of the Origins. The massacre story line would dominate the whole movie, which means no room to set Gambit's world and the supporting characters that make it up. A sequel, following a team movie, that helps put the parts in play may be more realistic (like Age of Ultron set up Cap: Civil War), but in the end I seriously doubt we'll see a Gambit movie based on the
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #487 on: January 07, 2016, 03:25:18 PM »
New Update

its got Belladonna in it so i doubt itll be based on the recent comics although it might take inspiration from them , its a sexy heist thriller i highly doubt its going to be dark and gritty in tone, itll probably be more like Oceans 11

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #488 on: January 07, 2016, 05:46:23 PM »
Is anyone concerned that this is being made to be a pg13 film? In so far as it may limit the films options?

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #489 on: January 07, 2016, 05:52:54 PM »
Is anyone concerned that this is being made to be a pg13 film? In so far as it may limit the films options?

I was disappointed to see that,
but profits-wise it makes more sense.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 06:36:45 PM by Miss Misery »
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #490 on: January 07, 2016, 07:21:24 PM »
PG 13 is exactly what Gambit movie needs. It can be dark movie even with such rating. I think Suicide Squad is a PG 13 movie

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #491 on: January 07, 2016, 07:24:45 PM »

What do you mean limit? Deadpool is the only modern comic book movie made above pg13, other than Blade, the Sin City movies and Watchmen but none are really considered "modern" to me... The books are written along the lines of PG13, why would they need to exceed that to make it good? I think PG13 is just fine.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 08:04:29 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #492 on: January 07, 2016, 07:44:48 PM »
For a Gambit film a PG13 works out fine for me. I would not expect it to be anything else when it comes to the rating.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #493 on: January 07, 2016, 07:47:50 PM »
Deadpool is the only superhero movie that needs to be R rated. What were people expecting out of Gambit? Naked Channing Tatum?

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #494 on: January 08, 2016, 03:53:29 AM »
X-men Days of Future Past was a 12A
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier