Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385833 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #555 on: January 23, 2016, 09:47:53 AM »
Intersting where next Wolverine movie will fit in this timeline.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #556 on: January 23, 2016, 09:36:53 PM »
Intersting where next Wolverine movie will fit in this timeline.

I think fitting into the current timeline following DoFP would be nearly impossible. Too much to set up unless he spins off Gambit and Deadpool set up. I suspect the 3rd Wolverine movie will be Old Man Logan. Set in a far dystopian future where they can set their own board and play however they like.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #557 on: January 24, 2016, 06:49:36 AM »
I think Patrick Stewart is gonna be in this. So I think it may be in DOFP ending time.

Should they really have dystopian future for this too? Just a road trip would be ok for me.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #558 on: January 24, 2016, 10:39:40 AM »
I think Patrick Stewart is gonna be in this. So I think it may be in DOFP ending time.

Should they really have dystopian future for this too? Just a road trip would be ok for me.

Maybe... but I believe Jackman is the one that brought up the idea of Old Man Logan. If your concerned about the inclusion of other actors/characters, well they can be in the movie, without having a pivotal role (lots of flashbacks). A lot of Old Man Logan's story comes about because of things that happen in the past. He's ultimately the cause of the death of the X-Men, mind you in the books its Mysterio (switch him out for Mastermind) that fools him into slaughtering his friends, but he lives with the memory and the guilt. So much so that he refuses to even use his claws. I think the idea of the story makes his claws like that of the aliens in Alien. You dont really see them until the end of the movie so when you do its instant adrenaline for the viewers. It also calls for less obvious actions beats and much more character development in terms of problem solving. I'm sure being able to flesh Wolverine out in this way appeals very much Hugh. I look forward to this if it comes to pass. While Singer has said he isnt holding himself to the future we saw in DoFP, I doubt as executive producer of all things  foX-Men, he's going to sign off on yet another movie being set in that time which might further confuse audiences. We take for granted that we know more about the set ups than the common viewer. In other words, people arent as smart as you think they are.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #559 on: January 24, 2016, 03:11:41 PM »
http://www.omegaunderground.com/2015/12/27/watch-gambits-channing-tatum-speak-french/

Here is a tease of what we will hear of Gambit's accent  :smitten:
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #560 on: January 24, 2016, 06:05:06 PM »
Don, I really like your aliens/claws idea. It would be perfect!
I really hated when he was popping up his claws every three minutes in Origins.

I think Old Man Logan story can work without him murdering all x-men. It is ridiculous. I like Wolverine but it is ridiculous that he can kill all x characters at he same time.

It would be better if Mastermind would make him kill suporting love interest and red head girl from The Wolverine. He killed Jean before so now he do not want to use them again ever.

I just do not see him be able to kill all x-men.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #561 on: January 24, 2016, 06:06:18 PM »
http://www.omegaunderground.com/2015/12/27/watch-gambits-channing-tatum-speak-french/

Here is a tease of what we will hear of Gambit's accent  :smitten:

I think he will use different accent for Gambit movie. I can't wait for some concept art!

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #562 on: January 24, 2016, 09:47:15 PM »
Don, I really like your aliens/claws idea. It would be perfect!
I really hated when he was popping up his claws every three minutes in Origins.

I think Old Man Logan story can work without him murdering all x-men. It is ridiculous. I like Wolverine but it is ridiculous that he can kill all x characters at he same time.

It would be better if Mastermind would make him kill suporting love interest and red head girl from The Wolverine. He killed Jean before so now he do not want to use them again ever.

I just do not see him be able to kill all x-men.

Oh I never liked the back story of OML! The sheer idea of Wolverine being able to just rip through all his teammates at the same time irked me to no end.  Not very believable at all. Too many heavy hitters and high level psionics to deal with all at once. Could he take down several? Sure, but every single one? Let's not ask why they all just happened to be in one room... But it was written. At the height Marvel's god level Wolverine marketing whoring- I mean campaign. He was then what Deadpool is now.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #563 on: January 26, 2016, 02:48:11 PM »
Kurt LeBeau`s post at CBR:

"seems like Gambit movie will be set in present time after all:

https://twitter.com/smichaelmadden/status/690211069042667520

in case u didnt know, he has a source at Fox and has been posting little tidbits about the x-men universe in the last two years or so. Or he's now working/writing for Heroic Hollywood too."

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #564 on: January 26, 2016, 03:52:43 PM »
I'm glad it's set in present day. I honestly think they won't do a nineties movie and go straight to present day for the X-Men films.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #565 on: January 27, 2016, 03:19:12 PM »
So anyone know how 'reliable' this guy is? is he usually right? You know I'm all for an end to this period drama nonsense. But I'm not sure if I can be 'happy' yet.  8)

Offline WhiteVeils

• Thief
« Reply #566 on: January 27, 2016, 09:07:26 PM »
Thought you might enjoy this (if you hadn't seen it already)

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3712237

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #568 on: January 28, 2016, 01:05:15 PM »
Sounds good, looking forwards to the announcement of the cast
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #569 on: February 11, 2016, 04:43:50 PM »
The wait is killing me!!! They really know how to keep us Gambit fans waiting! >:(
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier