Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385786 times)

Offline Sheba

• X-Man Leader
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #600 on: February 23, 2016, 09:00:21 AM »
Plus there's, what, more than a month until filming starts? No big.

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #601 on: February 23, 2016, 02:19:18 PM »
I suppose we, Gambit fans, are just impatient. Nothing wrong with that... but knowing the film is coming is making us even more patient. I'll just sit and wait until we get the real stuff. It will come... it will come... :)
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #602 on: February 23, 2016, 02:39:27 PM »
Well, we have been waiting 16 years for a live action Gambit now, since 2000 X-men. I think we Gambit fans have earned to be impatient now  ;)
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #603 on: February 23, 2016, 03:10:49 PM »
Correction. We've seen Gambit at least once live action.. Just because the role wasn't the best doesn't mean it didn't happen. Taylor didn't make a half bad Gambit, the script was just trash. His presence was simply pandering fan service. He served no real function.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #604 on: February 23, 2016, 03:17:46 PM »
I don't personally see that as Gambt, it was a a young kid in a purple shirt with 2 elements of Gambit thrown on him. It could have been anyone in that film.

Taylor did ok with what he was given but what he was given was not Gambit. Taylor couldn't even master a Cajun accent, he found it too hard.

Personally I'm glad he has been replaced.

We want to see Gambit from the comics and from what we have heard so far, it looks like we may finally get him.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline thjan

• Guild Member
« Reply #605 on: February 23, 2016, 07:33:34 PM »
Correction. We've seen Gambit at least once live action.. Just because the role wasn't the best doesn't mean it didn't happen. Taylor didn't make a half bad Gambit, the script was just trash. His presence was simply pandering fan service. He served no real function.

Yes, thank you. 

Although, I wouldn't say he served no real function since he lead Wolverine to the bad guys location(and even flew him to the island), saved Wolverine from being smashed, and helped the mutant escapees get away with Xavier. 

I don't personally see that as Gambt, it was a a young kid in a purple shirt with 2 elements of Gambit thrown on him. It could have been anyone in that film.

And I disagree.  I enjoyed Kitsch as Gambit, and I enjoyed his part in the film(aside from the elbow to the face part).  He may not have perfectly captured the comic version of Gambit, but aside from Patrick Stewart as Xavier, has any other X-Man comic character been perfectly captured in film?  Just because you personally don't see him as Gambit doesn't mean that there hasn't been a film version of Gambit.   

Personally I'm glad he has been replaced.

Not me.  Kitsch may not have been perfect as Gambit, but at least he looked the part.  I may end up enjoying the upcoming Gambit movie(I truly hope I will be able to), but right now I'm not excited at all.  Tatum doesn't make me think Gambit at all.  He doesn't have the look, and right now, for me personally, just doesn't seem right for the role.

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #606 on: February 23, 2016, 07:41:20 PM »
Saw this thread had a bunch of new replies, got kind of excited...only to see people talking about how there is no news.

So far, I'm more excited about the non-CT people involved (well, the screenwriter gives me pause, even though the script is supposedly good), and I'm curious to see what characters will be in it and what the exact plot will be--how will it compare/contrast with his comics origin, and all that.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #607 on: February 24, 2016, 01:40:23 AM »
It's really strange, some people find Tatum is starting to look more like Gambit recently, and then some people don't see it at all.

I guess it all depends on which Gambit version Comics or Animation you are comparing with.

Personally, I don't see Kitsch as Gambit, he doesn't look like him in my opinion. Too young for the role I felt.

Kitsch had no red and black eyes, no Cajun accent, no personality of Gambits and no costume. The only part I thought Kitsch looked like Gambit, is the bottom part of his face in the scene, just before he takes off his hat.

I think what will make Tatum stand out more in this role is he is doing everything Kitsch didn't do or have. Which is great for us Gambit fans, as we are finally going to see the Gambit we want.

Its strange to say, as we have only been given little info so far but I have more faith in this adaptation. This news gives me faith

"Channing is a big fan of the comic,” Kinberg says, “so the accent, the attitude, the costume in many way, will be in the film. And he’s a character with a complex backstory – we’re playing him as a thief in the film, and that’s a big part of the story.”

This film and character can't be worse than what we got in Origins, that was lowest for Gambit I feel.

People who are still on the fence with this film or Tatum himself will find what they need in their own time to like this adaptation and hopefully enjoy it.

Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #608 on: February 24, 2016, 01:53:43 AM »
Everyone says he's a bad actor, but he's so good now. He used to be crap, but now? Look at Foxcatcher, The Jump Street series, Side Effects, Hail Caesar!, and The Hateful Eight. He's amazing in these films and for some of those projects the only way he could've gotten a part in them was if he at the top of his game.

And then people argue about other actors and whether or not Tatum's too large for the role (apparently, he's an inch shorter and weighs a pound more than Gambit does in the comics, I saw that on a thread somewhere).

I always get mad when I see people throw out Gaspard Ulliel as Gambit because, sure he can speak French, but there's got to be a Southern accent alongside it. That's how Cajuns sound. It would be impossible for him to do that (I worry a little about how they're gonna handle Belladonna with Seydoux playing her because of this) and I've heard he isn't all that good of an actor in the first place.

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #609 on: February 24, 2016, 02:13:23 AM »
There's more to Gambit than just his good looks, theirs his attitude, his accent and of course his fighting skills.

Most people who throw out other names for Gambit are only thinking of their looks.

Tatum has grown in the last 5 years as an actor and it shows. He has proven what a good actor and dancer he is in films such as The Hateful Eight, Hail Caesar and Foxcatcher.

His dance background will lend a big hand to Gambit when it comes to the fight scenes.

I've heard him do a tease of a Cajun accent and it sounds fantastic. Very promising for the character. And on the plus he already has the southern charm pinned down.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #610 on: February 24, 2016, 02:18:01 AM »
I really liked Tatum in his latest films and The Hateful Eight and always supported him as Gambit. I think he will do fine.

Deadpool had awesome action scenes. I hope Gambit will have even better fights and I am sure Liman with do his best.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #611 on: February 24, 2016, 05:39:39 AM »
im not a Tatum hater but the films most have listed The Hateful Eight & Hail Caesar he's not in for long and Foxcatcher he is outshined in that film by Carell and Rufflo, 21 jump street its a double act and he is the better of the two,  he doesnt look like Gambit but he has passion for the character, i dont think he is a very good actor but i feel he will nail this part and ill take that over someone who looks like Gambit anyday someone who will get the character right unlike Taylor Kitsch who i dont 100% blame for his Gambits short comings, he was lazy ore than anything, it was more on the director and studio see the extras where Hood talks about Deadpool 

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #612 on: February 24, 2016, 06:29:39 AM »

I always get mad when I see people throw out Gaspard Ulliel as Gambit because, sure he can speak French, but there's got to be a Southern accent alongside it. That's how Cajuns sound. It would be impossible for him to do that (I worry a little about how they're gonna handle Belladonna with Seydoux playing her because of this) and I've heard he isn't all that good of an actor in the first place.

Get out of my head. Cajun=/=French. And excited as I am about who might be in this, I fear that not everyone will take care to try for a good accent.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #613 on: February 24, 2016, 12:35:05 PM »
Big or little role, he shows what a good actor he has become compared to when he started out. I mean he was a dancer starting out in a new profession. He's been working hard for over 10 years now and it's showing. The man has put his head down and worked in front and behind the camera.

Anyways, because Tatum we are getting our Gambit film. His passion sure does shine out for Gambit and I think once that official photo is released of him dressed as Gambit, I think it will shock people how much he will look like him.

From recent pictures I've seen of him, he looks more and more like Gambit. For me what I'm looking forwards to the most is hearing his accent.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #614 on: February 28, 2016, 05:56:31 PM »