Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385441 times)

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #615 on: February 28, 2016, 06:32:13 PM »
It's not anything we didn't already expect, let's be honest. We knew with a filming date of 16th of March, it would be another year until we see the film.
My only issue with this news is most of the Internet now is feeding the negativity once again on the Gambit film, calling it another "issue" the film is facing.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #616 on: February 29, 2016, 02:23:11 AM »
I have no problem with it. If the release date were october 2016 then everyone would tell that this movie is gonna be a crap because they has not got enough time.

I just need a good movie and not a fast one.

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
« Reply #617 on: February 29, 2016, 09:00:12 AM »
Have to agree.  Many films get rushed, and the final product ends up being blah.  WB raced to get Green Lantern out, and looked how well that did (yet Fox took their time with Deadpool).  Fox does not want another Fantastic Four on their hands.  Better to learn from previous mistakes than just plow ahead and assume it will be a hit just because it's a comic book movie.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #618 on: February 29, 2016, 12:30:55 PM »
Have to agree.  Many films get rushed, and the final product ends up being blah.  WB raced to get Green Lantern out, and looked how well that did (yet Fox took their time with Deadpool).  Fox does not want another Fantastic Four on their hands.  Better to learn from previous mistakes than just plow ahead and assume it will be a hit just because it's a comic book movie.

I don't think Fox took their time with Deadpool at all. They just werent confident in the project and ignored it until the "leaked" footage set the internet on fire. They shelved it for so long Reynolds and company literally had years to develop the story and script. So much so, only about 25% of it got cut or changed before final shooting. The script that ended up online back in 2011 is really close to what we saw this year. Because of that, it was shot fairly quick. By time we got set photos, it was more than 75% done.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #619 on: February 29, 2016, 05:58:01 PM »
Gambit movie talk on Collider... https://youtu.be/AzY81N5tsZE

Gambit movie in trouble..?  :'( But admittedly, a lot of us were concerned about the budget. 150m is a bit much for a sexy-heist-action-thriller.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 06:18:56 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #620 on: February 29, 2016, 06:42:48 PM »
Gambit movie talk on Collider... https://youtu.be/AzY81N5tsZE

Gambit movie in trouble..?  :'( But admittedly, a lot of us were concerned about the budget. 150m is a bit much for a sexy-heist-action-thriller.

Will see. Just a speculation. No real info.

FOX won`t be able to use Deadpool in all movies so I am sure everything will be ok and we will see Gambit in 2017.

It is so hard to stay positive sometimes.

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #621 on: February 29, 2016, 06:56:39 PM »
I hope they cut the budget. Not as much as they did with Deadpool, but enough where they can stack the cast with talented people and get the effects needed for Gambit. $150 million is too much for a character that admittedly has popularity trouble and, in his last live action appearance, was portrayed by the box office poison known as Taylor Kitsch.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #622 on: February 29, 2016, 07:01:16 PM »
Ant-man had almost the same budget. Ant-man...

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #623 on: February 29, 2016, 07:55:20 PM »
Ant-man had almost the same budget. Ant-man...

Yeah, Antman has a lot more reasons to have a bigger budget than Gambit. Not because of his popularity or appeal but because what the plot involves. Changing size, creating new levels of reality and perception. Gambit can be very practical and may benefit from it. Look what Doug did with Bourne (60m) and Edge of Tomorrow (175m). Bourne was 100% practical while Edge of Tomorrow was effects heavy. A balance in between may be the best move for the film. Mr and Mrs Smith (another Limen film), another down to earth action-thriller with some comedic notes, had two A-listers and still only costed 110m. If we want a successful movie series, the movie needs to double or triple it's cost. Is Gambit going to pull in 500m? 300m? But the fact that Limen has done low budget and high makes me confident in what he can do.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:01:33 PM by DonPriceTag »

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
« Reply #624 on: February 29, 2016, 11:36:28 PM »
Of course once we get the official word that the release date has been moved, the rumor mill starts running. They wouldnt start this crap up now cause its so close to shooting, so keep positive folks
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)

Offline deathsun

• Thief
« Reply #625 on: March 01, 2016, 12:12:32 PM »
Quote from: DonPriceTag link=topic=4927. msg67629#msg67629 date=1456786681
Gambit movie talk on Collider. . .  https://youtu. be/AzY81N5tsZE

Gambit movie in trouble. . ?  :'( But admittedly, a lot of us were concerned about the budget.  150m is a bit much for a sexy-heist-action-thriller.

Aren't those guy were always positive about the movie before.  I don't understand their attitude.  They wanted to push the date back and now it happened.  The guy on the middle is a typical Gambit hater profile and I want to see his face when shooting photos come.

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #626 on: March 01, 2016, 03:09:06 PM »
Do we know when Fox will be announcing the names of the films and dates?
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #627 on: March 01, 2016, 03:28:10 PM »
Got pissed off with some of Their comments about the Gambit film.
I hope Fox bring out some news soon and start the positivity.

I agree about the budget, but I hate them sucking up to Deadpool. I remember when Deadpool was first announced, their was still negative comments from fans over the project until the official photo was released.

The problem is Fox aren't delivering positive news about the film. They really need to start releasing the release date and casting news. The fact nothing has been said from Fox or Tatum is the worrying part.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #628 on: March 01, 2016, 05:17:42 PM »
It's just speculation but the success of Deadpool has likely changed things.  Prior to, Tatum and Gambit seemed like the more likely successor to Wolverine but now with Deadpool's success, they don't necessarily need Tatum and Gambit like they did before.  Doesn't mean they will stop it altogether but it's a fair point to make.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline JJB26

• Winning
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #629 on: March 01, 2016, 05:37:10 PM »
Well, Lea Seydoux lists "Gambit" as one of her upcoming films in her Twitter profile, so I guess she's officially onboard.
I'm no criminal. I just do as I please.