Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385360 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #630 on: March 01, 2016, 05:51:11 PM »
Well, Lea Seydoux lists "Gambit" as one of her upcoming films in her Twitter profile, so I guess she's officially onboard.

Well nothings been canceled. But the idea of it being scaled back is a real possibility. Again, we've seen Limen work with a big budget and a smaller one. Gambit is more James Bond than Star Wars. It wont be hurt too much by a smaller budget... unless they were planning on filming on different locales (ie NOLA, NYC, LA and maybe even Paris or Madrid; all locations we can see Gambit visiting).
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #631 on: March 01, 2016, 09:17:56 PM »
I'll admit to being concerned... When deadpool blew up, at first I thought, well that's going to be a tough act to follow. But now with still nothing new, I'm worries they're just going bag it and concentrate on deadpool: :/

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #632 on: March 02, 2016, 12:12:11 AM »
This is what really angers me. Since the year 2000 they didn't put Gambit in the original X-men films because they said he was too much like Wolverine. Then when they finally put him in a film, they just threw him in X-men Origins Wolverine just because Hey! We haven't used Gambit yet. Let's just throw in the worse version of him.
And now, we get promised a Gambit film but hey because another character was out the gate first and has done so well, they are still treating Gambit like he is not worth using. Very similar to the comic writers I feel.

Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #633 on: March 02, 2016, 02:05:08 AM »
I would say X-Force do not need Gambit but X-Men still need him a lot. Deadpool was awesome but he won`t work in movie like Apocalypse as lead character.

Everything will be good with Gambit but I think movie will be not in present like Deadpool.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #634 on: March 02, 2016, 07:48:27 AM »
This is what really angers me. Since the year 2000 they didn't put Gambit in the original X-men films because they said he was too much like Wolverine. Then when they finally put him in a film, they just threw him in X-men Origins Wolverine just because Hey! We haven't used Gambit yet. Let's just throw in the worse version of him.
And now, we get promised a Gambit film but hey because another character was out the gate first and has done so well, they are still treating Gambit like he is not worth using. Very similar to the comic writers I feel.

thats not whats happening at all, Gambit simply wont be ready for October, good films take time especially one's with lots of SFX , it will get a new release date probably Feb 17 , its a good sign that its taking its time and not rushing

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #635 on: March 02, 2016, 12:04:04 PM »
thats not whats happening at all, Gambit simply wont be ready for October, good films take time especially one's with lots of SFX , it will get a new release date probably Feb 17 , its a good sign that its taking its time and not rushing

Agreed, seriously guys, visiting little sites with small community groups does not mean much. Its a small group like this site, only with those other places you are not going to find throngs of fans. Movie goers don't care about all this stuff. The want to be entertained.

Remember it is Tatum who made this film happen, he loves the character. He has the pull to keep it going.

Offline NewSun17

• Thief
« Reply #636 on: March 02, 2016, 04:04:39 PM »
We all know that the movie was going to be delayed. This isn't a big deal at all, but just like people jumped out the window and said that Channing Tatum quit, people are jumping out the window and reporting about what they don't know about. THIS month they will start shooting and we'll post a million NON SPOILER pictures on here.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #637 on: March 02, 2016, 05:48:33 PM »

Movies are not the comics.  They cost tens of millions if not hundreds of millions to produce and market so Fox would be stupid to not reevaluate things as new information such as the success of Deadpool comes in.

Prior to Deadpool, all the info was that it was going to be a big budget 100 million+ PG-13 blockbuster which several people had questioned if that made sense.  Now that Deadpool has shown you can do a modest movie with a 50-60 million budget with a R rating to boot then Marvel would be silly not to consider the impact that new information has on a Gambit film.

It also is quite possible, that they may figure they have the solo star to replace Wolverine now that Deadpool blew up so maybe they don't need a Gambit solo and they can simply just introduce him in a team movie like say X-force but there is no point worrying about that because that's just pure speculation right now.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #638 on: March 02, 2016, 07:32:34 PM »
Movies are not the comics.  They cost tens of millions if not hundreds of millions to produce and market so Fox would be stupid to not reevaluate things as new information such as the success of Deadpool comes in.

Prior to Deadpool, all the info was that it was going to be a big budget 100 million+ PG-13 blockbuster which several people had questioned if that made sense.  Now that Deadpool has shown you can do a modest movie with a 50-60 million budget with a R rating to boot then Marvel would be silly not to consider the impact that new information has on a Gambit film.

It also is quite possible, that they may figure they have the solo star to replace Wolverine now that Deadpool blew up so maybe they don't need a Gambit solo and they can simply just introduce him in a team movie like say X-force but there is no point worrying about that because that's just pure speculation right now.

By "Marvel", you surely mean "Fox", correct?

But I concur. It'd be absolutely ludicrous for Fox not to reevaluate their plans for the direction of the X-Men films. Who knows? This may lead to a complete genre Renaissance. Before Deadpool I think studios believed comic property based films had to be colossal budgeted, flashy, summer blockbusters to be successfully made. Using Deadpool as an example they may start green lighting more passion projects with lower budgets. Smaller budgets equal less risk of loss. But it could also be a start of over saturation of bad comic book movies due to a lack of vision. Teams like Ryan Reynolds assembled don't come along every day. To clarify, I'm not saying a comic book movie needs a big budget to be good nor am I saying low budget passion projects are the future. Just some possibilities that may come to pass thanks to this past February.

Hollywood heads have a pension for being copycat, boot licking cowards after all.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 08:16:05 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #639 on: March 02, 2016, 10:37:40 PM »
Yes, exactly. There's no way the suits at fox aren't rethinking everything after how well deadpool did. Maybe it will encourage they to take more chances on 'passion' projects or maybe they will just decide they have their new wolverine and not take anymore chances.

Offline dcgregorya

• Gambler
« Reply #640 on: March 03, 2016, 04:59:24 PM »
My assumption is that in typical business fashion Fox will copy Marvel's widely successful model of "introduce individual heroes then pull them together into team film".     Conceptually this way each hero can be individually introduced making team films less awkward and more meaningful and provided you keep some standards around each film you're developing a very flexible set of IP to repackage and sell and rotate through.   

I haven't seen anything just yet that makes me think their strategy isn't that simple  :) .     They have no reason to collapse on Deadpool unless the Gambit film doesn't fare well.     They're probably realizing they don't want "Wolverine" they want 8 "Wolverines".   
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 05:07:21 PM by dcgregorya »

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #641 on: March 15, 2016, 08:42:42 AM »
So do you guys think we will hear or see something from tomorrow about the Gambit film?

Last we heard from Kingberg, filming was suppose to start officially from tomorrow.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #642 on: March 15, 2016, 09:13:01 AM »
I do not think we will hear something tomorrow. It seems October 2017 is the new release date so I assume shooting will start at September.

One poster at CBR told that movie is alive and they are in the middle of casting now. It is not checked info but I believe him. A few monthes ago he told that he would try himself in Gambit movie casting.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #643 on: March 15, 2016, 11:23:55 PM »
So tomorrow was that date? I was going to wait until the end of the month to start complaining about how we got screwed. Ugh, wasn't the point of the solo movies to expand the universe ala avenegers and JLA. Now that they got one big hit, and they stop? If they want to make deadpool the 'center' of the universe, fine but don't stop the rest of the universe from expanding!

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #644 on: March 16, 2016, 12:06:20 PM »
So tomorrow was that date? I was going to wait until the end of the month to start complaining about how we got screwed. Ugh, wasn't the point of the solo movies to expand the universe ala avenegers and JLA. Now that they got one big hit, and they stop? If they want to make deadpool the 'center' of the universe, fine but don't stop the rest of the universe from expanding!

how have we got screwed? nothing has happened yet, the film is still a go, when production starts we will know. in regards to this film people need to relax and be patient before jumping to conclusions and saying we got screwed when we haven't,