Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 390291 times)

Offline albahan888

• Master Thief
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #690 on: March 31, 2016, 05:56:56 PM »
Their logic is pretty dumb.  No one was clamoring for Deadpool.  That is revisionist history as it took years for the movie to be made.  People only starting clamoring for a Deadpool movie once it was done filming and the marketing was so great.  So Deadpool blowing up completely invalidates all their crying about no one clamoring for a Gambit movie as it doesn't matter if they are or not.  All that matters is whether it ends up being a movie audiences want to see based on the marketing and the actual quality of the film.

The logic is dumb for the further reason that they talk about script issues and it being a mess when the fact is I don't think any of this is the result of the Gambit movie itself.  In a world prior to Deadpool, the script was said to be fantastic and a big budget Gambit movie to replace Wolverine as the star of the franchise perhaps made perfect sense.  In a world where the Deadpool movie was made for 56 million, was R-Rated, and made 740 million, a script that supports a bid budget Gambit film probably doesn't make as much sense.  That is not an indication that the Gambit film is a mess.  That is an indication that new information was provided to them and it obviously makes sense for them to revisit things because of it.

Yeah that was my problem with them last time this came up. The first thing they did was agree that it wasn't going to make the October date and that they all thought it was inevitable that it would be pushed back. Then, for some reason, the next conclusion they decided to draw was that this meant it was cancelled and wasn't getting one of the 2 unannounced spots for X-Men movies that had been announced. I don't know how they got from it being obvious that Gambit wasn't going to make October to the fact that it didn't means it's cancelled. :-\ So I haven't gotten around to watching this one yet because it sounds like more of that. I mean they may not end up being wrong because a lot of weird delays and things keep happening with this movie but the fact that it did something you expected isn't reason to call it dead yet.

Offline deathsun

• Thief
« Reply #691 on: April 07, 2016, 02:46:07 PM »
http://myentertainmentworld.com/feature-films/page/2/

Posted: July 19, 2015 at 12:52 pm EST Updated: April 3, 2016 at 1:37 pm EST
TITLE:   Gambit (aka Chess)
CATEGORY:   Feature Film
GENRE:   Action / Adventure / Fantasy / Sci-Fi / Thriller
SHOOT DATE:   September, 2016
STORY:   
The adventures of the X-Men world’s favorite mutant thief, Remy LeBeau, aka Gambit.

This is posted on IMDb Message Board by a user named as lajohn. The movie delayed only for 3 months actually. Only small number of people were aware of previous June date and they assume that it is delayed from March. Lea's name removed from Cast in IMDb, but she still has GAMBIT in her twitter profile and her last tweet posted 23 hours ago. I hope she didn't forget it there and consciously left it there.

Production starts September 2016: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3729594/board/thread/255769522

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #692 on: April 07, 2016, 04:03:04 PM »
September is great if true! It is sooner then I expected.

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #693 on: April 07, 2016, 05:54:41 PM »
September is also right before October.

As for Lea Seydoux, I'm not sure if that's her actual twitter. I'm not even sure she has one. If it were her's, there'd be a blue checkmark by it, considering she's a pretty well known actress.

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #694 on: April 10, 2016, 05:55:02 PM »
Lea has been taken off the cast list on IMDB.

>:(
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #695 on: April 11, 2016, 03:18:53 AM »
Lea has been taken off the cast list on IMDB.

>:(

yes and X Men Apocalypse IMDB page hat Channing down as Gambit for ages, don't go by that, im sure if she has dropped out there will be official word popping up somewhere like CBR

Offline Faith

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #696 on: April 12, 2016, 12:07:05 PM »
Dang.  I'm sort of glad I only keep up with the movie news on a monthly basis.  The ups and downs are diminished that way. ;)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #697 on: April 18, 2016, 04:28:13 PM »
John Campea talks briefly about Tatum and Gambit movie on his podcast. Starts about 34 minute mark; https://youtu.be/yaViHVGLj5s
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #698 on: April 18, 2016, 05:14:19 PM »
Gambit is delayed at least till september.

Kingsman 2 is supposed to start shooting this Spring or evem this month. It is more then enough time for Tatum to play his role in Kingsman and then start Gambit shooting.

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #699 on: April 18, 2016, 09:07:12 PM »
I've heard Channing Tatum only has a supporting role in Kingsman 2 (apparently as a "Statesman," which is the US version of the Kingsman organization. He'll also be Southern).

Anyway, he won't be there long. Five weeks tops, if I had to guess.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #700 on: April 18, 2016, 11:41:52 PM »
I've heard Channing Tatum only has a supporting role in Kingsman 2 (apparently as a "Statesman," which is the US version of the Kingsman organization. He'll also be Southern).

Anyway, he won't be there long. Five weeks tops, if I had to guess.

On the bright side, it's a Fox movie. Which means he isn't cutting ties with the studio. Ending the project outright would most definitely leave a bad taste in his mouth, but this shows us the studio is still on the Tatum train. Kind of like "hey, we know there are some bumps in the road to Gambit but we have another project to tide you over until we can get this straight." Just my opinion.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #701 on: April 19, 2016, 03:34:12 AM »
Kind of like "hey, we know there are some bumps in the road to Gambit but we have another project to tide you over until we can get this straight." Just my opinion.

Yep ;) My thoughts exactly.

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #703 on: May 15, 2016, 04:38:18 AM »
It's good to know it is still going ahead but I hope this time they stick to that date! Haha
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #704 on: May 15, 2016, 08:48:25 AM »
Like I said on CBR... Those comments made me much more optimistic for the movie.  I was never really in doubt that it would eventually happen (I impatiently waited 8+ years for Deadpool to be made), but it's nice to get updates. Especially updates where the producer that has his name on all things X-movies says they want to get it right and are continuously working on the script.
Who Dat