Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385437 times)

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #720 on: June 06, 2016, 08:44:03 PM »
I'm pretty sure MIB/Jump Street was supposed to be filming by now. Also, you'd be surprised what magic those Hollywood trainers are able to work.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #721 on: June 08, 2016, 03:01:22 AM »
No Creditable Source Suggests Channing Tatum Is Leaving ‘Gambit’

I’ve also checked-in with a Fox source from time to time, who has never mentioned Tatum leaving a possibility since locking-in his producing role on the project has given him a lot of creative say. This led to the hiring of his friend Reid as a screenwriter, he also had input on the hiring of Liman.

http://www.omegaunderground.com/2016/06/06/no-creditable-source-suggests-channing-tatum-leaving-gambit/

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #722 on: June 08, 2016, 04:28:56 PM »
When is supposed to be out anyway? I'm getting confused by this lack of information and contradictory 'news'...
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #723 on: June 08, 2016, 05:05:51 PM »
When is supposed to be out anyway? I'm getting confused by this lack of information and contradictory 'news'...

Most likely October 6, 2017 but it is not official.

They planned to start shooting at the end of 2016 or start of 2017

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #724 on: June 08, 2016, 05:35:33 PM »
I know that we are miles away from the first Gambit movie but I wanted to share the idea for sequel) Or for next X team movie after Gambit solo.

What if in sequel he is working for Sinister and infiltrates X-Men to destroy them. But during this movie he needs to decide where his loyalties really lie when he meets Rogue and finds a possible chance for redemption.

It could be a great mix of X-Men/Point Break/ and first The Fast and the Furious.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 05:38:37 PM by purplevit »

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #725 on: June 09, 2016, 12:15:15 PM »
I know that we are miles away from the first Gambit movie but I wanted to share the idea for sequel) Or for next X team movie after Gambit solo.

What if in sequel he is working for Sinister and infiltrates X-Men to destroy them. But during this movie he needs to decide where his loyalties really lie when he meets Rogue and finds a possible chance for redemption.

It could be a great mix of X-Men/Point Break/ and first The Fast and the Furious.

Definitely no thanks to Rogue. It'd be interesting if he ends his film in a bad way, like he starts off like normal arrogant Gambit but Bella dies and he gets kicked out of New Orleans so he ends the movie as more of a grey character with nothing to lose, maybe a cliffhanger ending is the Marauders assembling under Gambit. And so initially X-Force starts with Gambit as almost a villain because of what happened to him in his solo but he quickly comes round and joins X-Force to beat his fellow Marauders and ends the film back to his old self but more grown up or whatever. 

I'd like that.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #726 on: June 11, 2016, 03:00:22 AM »
Is it technically a double post when you write the second one a few days later? 

Anyway, looks like Gambit is delayed further:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/06/10/gambit-director-doug-liman-lines-up-ya-thriller-chaos-walking-for-late-2016-shoot

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that they are making sure to get it right but...come on.  Start filming the damn thing already!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #727 on: June 11, 2016, 03:40:08 AM »
Is it technically a double post when you write the second one a few days later? 

Anyway, looks like Gambit is delayed further:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/06/10/gambit-director-doug-liman-lines-up-ya-thriller-chaos-walking-for-late-2016-shoot

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that they are making sure to get it right but...come on.  Start filming the damn thing already!

I am not surprised. Kinberg told that they are planning to start shooting late 2016 or yearly 2017

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #728 on: July 11, 2016, 05:11:20 PM »
John Campea talks about the Gambit Movie. First topic.

https://youtu.be/JF0X81G8J7Q
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #729 on: July 11, 2016, 06:16:53 PM »
I hope they cut the budget too...
I really like Gambit's director, and they have a big name playing the lead. So yeah, there's potential.
If Mr Sinister's in this, then we've really got something here...

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #730 on: July 11, 2016, 06:34:21 PM »
I hope they cut the budget too...
I really like Gambit's director, and they have a big name playing the lead. So yeah, there's potential.
If Mr Sinister's in this, then we've really got something here...

That would be interesting. To have Sinister be the linchpin in all this. I'd be a funny twist, because Wolverine played that role for so long. The guy that went from movie to movie, but what if in a different way, that guy is now Sinister. Playing puppet master behind the scenes, if you will..
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #731 on: July 12, 2016, 12:21:25 AM »
Nothing new from John there.

I'm amazed how people still feel Gambit doesn't have a good story to make for a film.

So much opportunity with the character.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #732 on: July 12, 2016, 12:27:07 AM »
Nothing new from John there.

I'm amazed how people still feel Gambit doesn't have a good story to make for a film.

So much opportunity with the character.

Most people don't know Gambit's story. Even of you watched the show, you wouldn't know. All it told us is he's from New Orleans, while most everyone else got a full back story

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #733 on: July 12, 2016, 02:15:52 AM »
They are moaning about Gambit`s budget like they are paying their money to make it.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #734 on: July 12, 2016, 04:13:17 PM »
They are moaning about Gambit`s budget like they are paying their money to make it.

lol true...
But I think a budget cut will ease the pressure when it comes to it's performance in the box office...because if it doesn't (at least) make it's money back, then there's no sequels or anymore appearances of Gambit in other X-Men movies.