Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 389948 times)

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #765 on: November 01, 2016, 07:52:08 PM »
Remember that stupid rumor about Channing Tatum leaving Gambit to join The Flash that started because Famuyiwa followed him on Twitter?

What if Famuyiwa directed Gambit?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #766 on: November 01, 2016, 09:14:05 PM »
Havent seen 'Dope' yet. So I couldnt tell you. But I hear nothing but good things about it.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #767 on: November 01, 2016, 09:29:51 PM »
I've been meaning to watch Dope myself, but my friend raves about the movie and was disappointed when I told him he was leaving the Flash.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #768 on: November 02, 2016, 09:34:33 PM »
I saw it on Netflix, it was pretty good. Not an action film, but had good suspense/tension in the scenes that needed it. And it wasn't afraid of having a sense of humor, something a gambit film would needd(and all x movies not named deadpool, desperately need.)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #769 on: November 05, 2016, 12:32:17 PM »
Tatum's latest movie Logan Lucky is at post production now.
It seems his schedule is free now but now he has short hair again.
Not a good sign(
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 02:27:20 PM by purplevit »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #770 on: November 05, 2016, 01:46:56 PM »
Shirt hair? or Short Hair. I don't think having short hair is a big deal. TBH - Tatum looks better with short hair. He doesn't sport the longer locks as well.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #771 on: November 05, 2016, 02:29:04 PM »
Shirt hair? or Short Hair. I don't think having short hair is a big deal. TBH - Tatum looks better with short hair. He doesn't sport the longer locks as well.

Short) I edited it.
Yeah but I think it means they do not plan to start shooting soon.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #772 on: November 06, 2016, 01:25:02 AM »
I dunno - I think it might be looking too deeply into it. Seriously, Tatum looks bad in long hair, better for it to be short for Gambit. A good looking Gambit with short hair is better than a poor looking one because its deemed his hair should be long. IMO

Lets see where it goes.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 01:26:59 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #773 on: November 06, 2016, 06:24:16 PM »
I'm with you there, if Tatum looks better with short hair, than just keep it short rather than look weird with long hair

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #774 on: November 06, 2016, 10:59:27 PM »
I'm with you there, if Tatum looks better with short hair, than just keep it short rather than look weird with long hair

Well Gambit did have short hair during his entire most recent solo run and the world didn't end.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #775 on: November 06, 2016, 11:10:49 PM »
He got a better outfit to suit it too.
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #776 on: November 07, 2016, 11:13:04 AM »
Not only was Gambit's hair short in the last solo, but it was short in ANXF too. And I thought Gambit looked great.

I do hope they go with the suit from the solo, sure some iconic stuff should be there but I don't want Gambit to look too goofy on the big screen.

Some of his looks - looks great in comics but might not translate well in other mediums.

An example would be that TV show that featured Generation X with Emma Frost from 1996. The Mutant X TV (2001) took a more realistic look for the characters.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 11:44:04 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #777 on: November 07, 2016, 11:50:53 AM »
Not only was Gambit's hair short in the last solo, but it was short in ANXF too. And I thought Gambit looked great.

I do hope they go with the suit from the solo, sure some iconic stuff should be there but I don't want Gambit to look too goofy on the big screen.

Some of his looks - looks great in comics but might not translate well in other mediums.

An example would be that TV show that featured Generation X with Emma Frost from 1996. The Mutant X TV (2001) took a more realistic look for the characters.

I didn't think anyone remembered Mutant-X... Now that  I think of it, wasn't that origin of mutants more akin to that of the Ultimate Universe? By that I mean, mutants were engineered by scientists.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #778 on: November 07, 2016, 03:13:39 PM »
I doubt you can count Gambit's hair as short in last solo and X-Factor.
Colossus has short hair not Gambit)

Offline Homme

• Survivor
  • I would trade my eyes to see.
« Reply #779 on: November 09, 2016, 02:57:04 PM »

I think we all have different definitions of short and long. That solo hair was short-med on a woman, but definitely medium-length on a guy. Solo length was perfect for Gambit and much better than '90s ponytail length.