Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 389933 times)

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
    • The Art of AnimatedPhil: Philip McNulty
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #780 on: November 10, 2016, 12:24:24 PM »
William Shatner's Man O' War Artist.  
Kevin Smith's SModCo.   Cartoon Show Animator.  
Certified Gambit Fanatic.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #781 on: November 10, 2016, 12:58:32 PM »
Well good. I'm glad to get some good news. :)

Online purplevit

• X-Man Legend

Online purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #783 on: November 24, 2016, 07:15:21 AM »
Fox Gives Release Dates to New Marvel Movies, But Doesn't Say Which Ones

The studio has revealed that the Marvel movies will arrive on March 2, 2018 and June 29, 2018. This is addition to the previously announced dates of November 2, 2018 and February 14, 2019.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fox-gives-release-dates-to-new-marvel-movies-but-d/1100-6445718/

Online purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #784 on: November 24, 2016, 07:17:46 AM »
My guess:
March 2, 2018 - New Mutants
June 29, 2018 - Deapool 2
November 2, 2018 - Gambit
February 14, 2019 - Deapool 3
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 08:38:48 AM by purplevit »

Online purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #785 on: November 24, 2016, 09:27:54 AM »
Fox Stirs Gambit Speculation With New Movie Release Dates

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/fox-stirs-gambit-speculation-new-movie-release-dates/

Nice article with the same info.

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #786 on: December 11, 2016, 12:20:20 PM »
New Director attached to the Gambit film.

Check out IMDB 
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Online purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #787 on: December 11, 2016, 12:50:39 PM »
It is just a rumour yet.
Information is not confirmed so far.
But I would love Frank Darabont as director.
He would be able to add real emotions to this movie.

Online purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #788 on: December 11, 2016, 12:54:40 PM »
http://omegaunderground.com/2016/12/11/big-rumor-frank-darabont-might-directing-rewriting-gambit/

BIG RUMOR: Frank Darabont Might Be Directing and Rewriting ‘Gambit’

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #789 on: December 11, 2016, 02:31:26 PM »
http://omegaunderground.com/2016/12/11/big-rumor-frank-darabont-might-directing-rewriting-gambit/

BIG RUMOR: Frank Darabont Might Be Directing and Rewriting ‘Gambit’

Holy Shiz net, if this is real or true it would be awesome

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #790 on: December 13, 2016, 03:17:00 PM »
Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption... Pretty awesome pedigree. Downside that was more than 20 years ago. I would hope this guy knows what he's doing, but approaches it like he would anything else and is not so out of touch with Comic Book movies are now, he doesnt give us something like Shumakers Batman's. Directors and writers like this tend to look down on the genre typically calling it "mindless". I just hope this isn't his approach and thinks anything will work. Please keep this guy away from X-Men 92' and maybe even the XTAS. Give him Mackie, Layman, Asmus and Fabian's runs as examples please... even though I don't think someone like this is going to take the time to read several dozen issues of comic books. Kind of afraid that committee of Marvel folk are providing him info. Lot of bias there these days.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #791 on: December 13, 2016, 07:04:19 PM »
He developed and executive produced the Walking Dead which is literally a story centered around mindless zombies.  Yet he certainly infused a sense of intelligence that probably has never been seen before in a Zombie film which is precisely why that show is so well received.  Not to mention, the TV show is based on a comic and Robert Kirkman (writer of the comic) is on record talking about how Darabont respected the source material.

So I don't think he would have a problem respecting the comics and frankly if he actually is interested I would expect it to be because he sees something in the source material he can bring to the big screen that would make it unique just like he did with Walking Dead.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #792 on: December 13, 2016, 08:34:50 PM »
Yeah, I wasn't going to bring up Walking Dead because he didn't do any of the writing or direction, he was the showrunner. He got abruptly let go, I believe due to internal beef with AMC. But that's probably why he hasn't been active since then. He's still going to court over those matters.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #793 on: December 14, 2016, 06:58:10 AM »
Yeah, I wasn't going to bring up Walking Dead because he didn't do any of the writing or direction, he was the showrunner. He got abruptly let go, I believe due to internal beef with AMC. But that's probably why he hasn't been active since then. He's still going to court over those matters.

I'm one of those people that prefer the older seasons of the Walking Dead so maybe this would be a good thing for me?  Although if it's somebody that's been inactive do we want them directing this film if they're rusty? 

Either way though, it's about time we got some news on whether or not this movie is actually going to move forward. 

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #794 on: December 14, 2016, 03:48:53 PM »

The showrunner is essentially the Director of the whole TV show.  The episode directors and writers are more of the footsoldiers.  He essentially put the formula together that made that show a success and AMC basically fired him because they wanted to keep more of the profits since it was the first AMC show where they ultimately owned it outright.  Their split was because they cut the budget per episode down and pocketed the difference and Darabont was upset because he felt they were overworking and underpaying the cast and crew.  As the below notes, the biggest beef AMC had with him beyond the budget was because he takes a "feature film approach to television," which is one of the reasons the show was so well received.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/walking-dead-what-happened-fired-221449
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"