Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385559 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #810 on: April 01, 2017, 08:26:12 PM »
Fan made Gambit movie trailer

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/04/01/fan-trailer-friday-the-gambit-movie-gets-a-trailer/

Pretty silly but entertaining enough.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 08:28:40 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #811 on: May 08, 2017, 05:04:46 AM »
Doug Liman On Why He Left Channing Tatum's Gambit

http://lrmonline.com/news/exclusive-doug-liman-talks-about-leaving-channing-tatums-gambit

Liman: “I'm all about the script, and I just wasn't feeling it,” he told us. “I've gotta connect to the script. On Bourne Identity, Matt Damon was always referring to himself as a 'script whore,' and I'm with Matt on that. It's like, you feel the script, that's everything. We make movies because we want to tell great stories. The Wall started with a contest Amazon ran, and Dwain's script rose to the top, and then it got handed to me.”

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #812 on: May 08, 2017, 09:17:06 AM »
See, I knew the Robocop guy was a bad choice! Superhero films are so saturated right now you need a good script.

So this is why the delay, they're starting from scratch because the script was actually rubbish? Maybe in a way that's good, otherwise a bad movie would have been made and the nay sayers would feel justified. So they were forced to make it better. On the other hand, it means we lost a good director.

How do you guys feel at this point? Right now I don't know, people are going to trash this movie unless it's AMAZING. It's like folk want it to fail and these delays don't give me much hope.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #813 on: May 08, 2017, 09:20:21 AM »
3 years is more then enough to make a great script. I don`t understand what is happening.

Robocop reboot was a trash.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #814 on: May 08, 2017, 10:39:03 AM »
Yeah the Robocop reboot was a trashy popcorn flick, and I guess you can say that about most superhero films as well but the ones that stand out are more than that. 

At this point, I don't think it will go ahead.  I reckon they'll just let it slowly fade out of existence and then one day somebody will make a passing comment about how it's gone.  I mean, the Deadpool movie didn't go through THIS much trouble, did it?  After the Wolverine Origins one, both Gambit and Deadpool had their movie discussions begin, and Deadpool has number 2 coming out already. 

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #815 on: May 08, 2017, 11:44:44 AM »
Yeah the Robocop reboot was a trashy popcorn flick, and I guess you can say that about most superhero films as well but the ones that stand out are more than that. 

At this point, I don't think it will go ahead.  I reckon they'll just let it slowly fade out of existence and then one day somebody will make a passing comment about how it's gone.  I mean, the Deadpool movie didn't go through THIS much trouble, did it?  After the Wolverine Origins one, both Gambit and Deadpool had their movie discussions begin, and Deadpool has number 2 coming out already. 

Deadpool took 10 years to get right and before that on Blade 3 Goyer had intentions of doing a DP move so it was in development even longer, i dont care how long it takes as long as they get it right

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #816 on: May 08, 2017, 05:22:16 PM »
Here's another take on the situation

http://movieweb.com/gambit-movie-director-doug-liman-exit-no-personal-connection/

I saw at least two more, news sucks but it's getting a lot of traction. I think the attention will do one of two things. Get it scrapped completely, or encourage Fox to get a decent scribe for the film.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #817 on: May 08, 2017, 06:27:50 PM »
Here's another take on the situation

http://movieweb.com/gambit-movie-director-doug-liman-exit-no-personal-connection/

I saw at least two more, news sucks but it's getting a lot of traction. I think the attention will do one of two things. Get it scrapped completely, or encourage Fox to get a decent scribe for the film.

This take is completely different from first one

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #818 on: May 08, 2017, 09:48:38 PM »
The Gambit movie is in a interesting place. Fox is currently in a hit or miss mode when it comes to the X-Men. X-Men Apocalypse was a surprise critical dud. Deadpool was a surprise hit. Logan did well but was Hugh Jackman's swan song. Let's face it Fox has produced more duds critically than not. It's not a Gambit problem in my problem but rather a overall a lack of cohesive vision for the X-Men franchise as a whole. Which is why the time line is a mess in the movies. Time will tell.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #819 on: May 31, 2017, 05:01:02 PM »
Is Gambit still part of that plan?

HUTCH PARKER (X-Men movie producer): It is. It is. I don’t have any news on that but there’s still a desire and a passionate interest to see that movie made

http://screenrant.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-hutch-parker-interview/

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #820 on: May 31, 2017, 10:31:34 PM »
Well, that something at least. Now they just need to find a director.

Offline deathsun

• Thief
« Reply #821 on: June 01, 2017, 05:15:14 PM »
I heard that Doug Liman exited from Justice League Dark too. I'm not sorry for him. I also don't expect for a Gambit solo movie. Tatum gone bald and fat. It's bad for him that he had to live with that bad semi-gambit hair look in past two years.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #822 on: June 01, 2017, 11:04:38 PM »
I heard that Doug Liman exited from Justice League Dark too. I'm not sorry for him. I also don't expect for a Gambit solo movie. Tatum gone bald and fat. It's bad for him that he had to live with that bad semi-gambit hair look in past two years.

Bit harsh... At this point, I love Tatum's zeal but it takes more than that to pull out a good movie and Gambit has to be that, a good movie. Still think a series based on his younger years would be better but with it having to be on Fox, scares me.

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #823 on: June 03, 2017, 09:14:07 AM »
I'm still expecting news the Gambit movie is not going to happen.....  :'(
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #824 on: June 03, 2017, 02:10:14 PM »
I'm still expecting news the Gambit movie is not going to happen.....  :'(

It's stuck in what I like to call the "Ross and Rachel" Phase of movie making. Something Deadpool was also stuck in for a while.
Who Dat