Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385358 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #825 on: June 03, 2017, 10:52:20 PM »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Rakkner

• Journeyman
« Reply #826 on: June 05, 2017, 05:00:38 PM »
I know it likely won't happen, but I finally watched 'Logan'; and my first thought was they should include Gambit in the X-23 sequel.  (With no Tatum).  Have him be Laura's next mentor with Logan dead, and follow the theme from the X-23 book a few years back.   

I feel like it'd be an excellent opportunity to introduce the character into the movie-verse.   Give him a kick-ass role and get fans excited for a solo movie after that.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #827 on: June 05, 2017, 06:33:15 PM »
I still think this movie is going to happen.   It just makes too much sense.   I think Simon Kinberg said by the end of the year they should have everything they need set and look to start production early-ish 2018.   But first they have New Mutants, Deapool 2, and the next X-Men movie to shoot.   So they have a lot on their plate at the moment so I wouldn't expect too much big news on this for a while.   

I think shoving Gambit into to someone else's movie to "try him out" is a dangerous move.   That's basically what they did with Gambit and Deadpool with X-Men Origins: Wolverine and that completely killed the idea.   If you wind up sticking him in a bad movie it could ruin things for the future. 

It's a shame there are still people who are down on Tatum.  He is so instrumental to this working. 

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #828 on: June 09, 2017, 10:55:51 AM »
Though I'm not a fan of Tatum, he's shown so much enthusiasm about playing Gambit, I'll take him over not having a Gambit movie at all.
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #829 on: June 11, 2017, 02:02:39 PM »
I think Tatum has the chance to pleasantly surprise some people. The writing and direction is what concerns me the most. If they can get those two things nailed down, I think Tatum will handle the rest.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #830 on: June 11, 2017, 11:43:56 PM »
Yeah that is the most important. I'm definitely opening to giving Tatum a shot...if he ever gets a shot...

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #831 on: June 12, 2017, 10:37:00 AM »
I think Tatum has the chance to pleasantly surprise some people. The writing and direction is what concerns me the most. If they can get those two things nailed down, I think Tatum will handle the rest.

I think Tatum has already pleasantly surprised people up until now. But I agree. We need a solid story and direction.
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline Meliorist

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #832 on: June 12, 2017, 03:34:31 PM »
Gambit Guild Script Collaboration: Ready, Go!

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #833 on: June 12, 2017, 05:36:23 PM »
I think Tatum has already pleasantly surprised people up until now. But I agree. We need a solid story and direction.

For  sure he has won many people over as an actor now. I more so meant all the doubters of him as Gambit. The people who say things like "he doesn't have the charisma" or "he can't pull off the Cajun accent" or "he's too big". That one makes me chuckle a bit. I bet that if they were to release an early and somewhat slick promo shot of Tatum in full wardrobe and black and red eyes, half the naysayers would flip instantly.

I'm down Meliorist. 8)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #834 on: June 12, 2017, 06:03:38 PM »
Haters will still hate no matter what.
I always supported Tatum as Gambit but I understand why it may be hard to make this movie.

Remy is very complex character and 10 Gambit fans will make 10 mostly different movies that they would like to see first one.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #835 on: June 13, 2017, 09:56:14 AM »
I agree that we all might come up with different stories for a Gambit film but we'll all pretty much be on the same page on how we feel the character should be portrayed and how his personality should be and how his powers and abilities are handled. And if that is done right(the character himself) I think most of us could be flexible on the exact story they tell. It's about getting the character right first. Something FOX doesn't have the greatest track record of but has shown promise recently with Deadpool and Logan.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #836 on: June 13, 2017, 10:32:00 AM »
Gambit Guild Script Collaboration: Ready, Go!

Think we did this?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #837 on: June 13, 2017, 10:44:10 AM »
I agree that we all might come up with different stories for a Gambit film but we'll all pretty much be on the same page on how we feel the character should be portrayed and how his personality should be and how his powers and abilities are handled. And if that is done right(the character himself) I think most of us could be flexible on the exact story they tell. It's about getting the character right first. Something FOX doesn't have the greatest track record of but has shown promise recently with Deadpool and Logan.

I think Gambit has a huge challenge as character becuase of his sad and selfloathing part and fun part at the same time.
Neko would love brighter Gambit as written by Asmus and such feeling for movie. Don would be even ok with popcorn movie if it will be succesfull and make money. Remydat would do a fun Gambit with more dark/selfloathing in third act. I would be more then ok with Gambit more as villain in drama/thriller movie about his past.

The pefect solution is really to find this golden middle between comedy and drama, so we can see fun, mysterious, cool, selfloathing and dangerous Gambit in one movie.

Fixed font size issue- Don
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 11:37:43 AM by DonPriceTag »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #838 on: June 13, 2017, 10:45:15 AM »

I think Gambit has a huge challenge as character becuase of his sad and selfloathing part and fun part at the same time.
Neko would love brighter Gambit as written by Asmus and such feeling for movie. Don would be even ok with popcorn movie if it will be succesfull and make money. Remydat would do a fun Gambit with more dark/selfloathing in third act. I would be more then ok with Gambit more as villain in drama/thriller movie about his past.

The pefect solution is really to find this golden middle between comedy and drama, so we can see fun, mysterious, cool, selfloathing and dangerous Gambit in one movie.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 11:38:18 AM by DonPriceTag »

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #839 on: June 13, 2017, 12:25:25 PM »

You said it. Gambit is all of those things. But A lot of what you mention reflects tone and style of the movie. Those character traits can all be represented in the movie but depending on the tone and over all idea of the film some things might be highlighted more than others. This is why sequels would be great. But honestly, as long as they stay true to Gambit in the scenarios given, I think we would all be satisfied.

Maybe I should just speak for myself. I have my own ideas for Gambit in a movie but I also am open to all those options you mentioned as well. As long as they respect the character and get him right.