Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385521 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #915 on: August 03, 2017, 02:22:03 AM »

I hope we catch up with him after years of being away. The movie can have him return and the audience can discover as he gets reacquainted.

Definetely the best way to make first movie for me. And it will create some mystary.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 08:37:08 AM by DonPriceTag »

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #916 on: August 03, 2017, 05:10:08 PM »
Yup... best way to go about this would be the way of Deadpool and Cable. Throw Gambit right into the fire and if you want, reveals his origins sporadically or leave it a mystery.
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #917 on: August 03, 2017, 05:41:05 PM »
Agreed with you guys. Make a movie, we don't need origins. That can be touched upon later. I would like to keep the mystery too. :)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #918 on: August 03, 2017, 06:15:33 PM »
not like they have a choice. Unlike Deadpool, who's origins began well into adulthood, Gambit's active origins started in his teens. Just not going to work unless they want half the movie to be played with different actors. Tatum and anyone around him (Julien, Bella, assuming there will be anything shot in NOLA) probably arent going to look youthful enough to be believably in their late teens or early 20s. The more time this takes (the older Tatum gets), the less likely it'll be an origins, which imo is a good thing. It also makes it less likely he'll be joining up with the current crop of younger X-Men, making it way more likely for his movie to take place in the same timeline as Deadpool and possibly New Mutants (no way New Mutants takes place in the current X-Men timeline, that being the 80s-90s).
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #919 on: August 03, 2017, 07:48:35 PM »
We may not see him in his teens (although the issue where we learn why he uses throwing cards is one of my favorites), but we COULD see a scene or two of him as a baby with the red and black eyes.. a la X-Men Origins: Gambit.
Who Dat

Offline JJB26

• Winning
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #920 on: August 05, 2017, 01:36:38 AM »
I think an origins story can still work if its similar to "Batman Begins," meaning it chronicles his childhood, early 20s (yeah, I think Tatum could drop some weight and pass for early 20s) and late 20s.

As for the villain? I'd go with Julien and introduce Sinister in the after credit scenes.
I'm no criminal. I just do as I please.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #921 on: August 05, 2017, 08:52:55 AM »
Sinister's been hinted at a lot but still hasn't been revealed... and I doubt it'll come in Dark Phoenix. So maybe finally showing up in the Gambit movie could be where we see him.

Personally, I want Liev Schreiber back. He was originally supposed to be back for LOGAN, but they ended up not using him. So he's obviously game to reprise the role.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #922 on: August 21, 2017, 02:18:45 PM »

Channing Tatum thanks Deadpool and Logan for helping Gambit ‘buck the system and do something different’

http://metro.co.uk/video/channing-tatum-doing-gambit-1522421/

Channing admitted that the film is still moving forward but that ‘it’s not ready until it’s ready and the studios have to play a chess game with real estate and giving dates and scaring people off certain dates and grab as much real estate as they can’.
‘I’ve never told anybody when we’re going to make this thing [but] we’ve got really lucky in a way, it’s been a blessing in disguise because we were making a certain type of movie that was really hard to reinvent and you get a lot of push back when you try to do something different,’ he added, ‘but then Deadpool and Logan came through and lit a stack of dynamite in that door and blew it off for us so now we’re going off and really able to buck the system and do something different.’

« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 08:10:25 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #923 on: August 22, 2017, 11:04:46 AM »
Thanks for the update. It's good to see his excitement for the project.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #924 on: August 22, 2017, 01:21:46 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9jCaRfnFjQ

Logan Lucky Producer Reid Carolin on Soderbergh's latest and Gambit movie

Reid Carolin: We are working on Gambit. We have a new script coming soon. I am pretty confident and excited about it.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #925 on: August 22, 2017, 02:25:50 PM »
Soderbergh is a good director and seems to enjoy working with Tatum, I'm surprised they haven't convinced him to direct Gambit. 

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #926 on: August 23, 2017, 06:34:29 AM »

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #927 on: August 23, 2017, 08:53:57 AM »
Soderbergh is a good director and seems to enjoy working with Tatum, I'm surprised they haven't convinced him to direct Gambit.

I've thought the same thing.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #928 on: August 25, 2017, 02:15:32 PM »
John Campea briefly chats about the Gambit movie. Start at about 44 min mark.

https://youtu.be/qh5swdCV99k
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #929 on: August 25, 2017, 04:21:16 PM »
*shrug* Another "development hell=dead" opinion. I'll believe it's dead when we get some form of confirmation from someone actually involved with it.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds