Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385400 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #930 on: August 25, 2017, 06:00:01 PM »
Channing Tatum Reveals Why Gambit Will Be Different To Any Other Marvel Movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iczej0h3qcA

Tatum: We rebooted the entire thing. It shouldn`t feel like a big superhero movie and that`s my hope for it. It will feel more like a very tiny sort of New Orleans, crazy, just insane film.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #931 on: August 26, 2017, 09:35:02 AM »
Not a big super hero movie is fine, he's more of a 'street level' type character. Not so sure about 'very tiny'...

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #932 on: August 26, 2017, 01:14:26 PM »
I also agree that it doesn't need to be a superhero movie. I think it needs to lean in a James Bond or Indy Jones sort of thing but more grounded to New Orleans.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #933 on: August 26, 2017, 01:56:40 PM »
Yup. The trick is to make the movie a different genre with superhero elements. Not the other way around.
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #936 on: August 27, 2017, 04:35:20 PM »
It's too bad that all we still get are summaries though. I need newwwwwssssss.
Who Dat

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #937 on: August 28, 2017, 09:38:30 AM »
It's too bad that all we still get are summaries though. I need newwwwwssssss.

With the last update we got a few months ago I have assumed we won't be getting any real news until possibly the very end of this year. At least we now have confirmation that they are hard at work at it. With them finishing up the script and getting the story pieces together as we speak it really seems like we shouldn't expect real news just yet. I'm still thinking hopefully by the end of the year.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #938 on: September 06, 2017, 04:46:46 PM »
Why Channing Tatum Loves Gambit So Much
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/1699969/why-channing-tatum-loves-gambit-so-much

Tatum: “There wasn’t a comic store, but the cartoon was on TV and he was this cool Cajun guy, and he was the easiest person to play as a kid because you could just unscrew the broom handle, get a pack of cards and wrap a bandana around your head. We had a lot of fun throwing cards and trying to take our friends’ eyes out across the living room. He is just cool, man. He is one of the few superheroes that has an actual culture to him. He doesn’t talk like a vanilla American. He is from a specific geo-location, New Orleans, which is a really specific thing.”
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 04:48:17 PM by purplevit »

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #939 on: September 19, 2017, 11:32:36 AM »
This is one of the many great things about this show. It really got a lot of kids interested and a lot started looking into the comics. Even me, I liked comics but this show definitely started to get me focusing more on X-Men. It was a simple transition. For the most part you could go from watching the show and then go pick up an X-Men book and pretty much get what was going on. Kind of brilliant.

Honestly that's a big misstep in my opinion today with comics. Marvel currently has such popular movies but if you were a kid and decided to pick up some current comics you wouldn't understand anything or anyone. It seems like it would just be a turn off.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 11:40:44 AM by wantutosigh »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #940 on: September 22, 2017, 06:40:32 PM »
http://www.cbr.com/gambit-plot-details-mr-sinister/ sounds ok and Meh at the same time especially ih his recruits are Multiple Man and Moonstar, should just go with the Marauders ...i mean come on

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #941 on: September 22, 2017, 06:52:34 PM »
http://www.cbr.com/gambit-plot-details-mr-sinister/ sounds ok and Meh at the same time especially ih his recruits are Multiple Man and Moonstar, should just go with the Marauders ...i mean come on

I bet Purp would love Madrox to show up in this  :P lol. Weird that he'd recruit Dani, though. I'd prefer Laura. Or even Jubilee. OR Frenzy.

Pumped for the prospect of Sinister. My favorite villain of all time.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 06:55:29 PM by cc008 »
Who Dat

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #942 on: September 22, 2017, 08:05:50 PM »
I say we ignore this. CBR says they're "rumors", yet the site they link to that provides a more detailed summary does' appear to cite any sources. (Or I'm not looking in the right spot...)
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #943 on: September 23, 2017, 02:44:34 AM »
Don't believe it.

Yes, Madrox could be fan in it:)
The truth is that Gambit never shared panels with Madrox or Dani.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #944 on: September 23, 2017, 05:33:56 AM »
More info about how I understand "old" script

https://www.google.com.ua/amp/splashreport.com/exclusive-gambit-story-details/amp/

Actually, wasn't a fan. Not sure if Gambit was stealed as baby at all. All this didn't really excites me so I am glad they decided to make it from the beginning