Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385339 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #990 on: October 12, 2017, 06:45:26 PM »
Yay!!!! It is time for happy dances :D

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #991 on: October 12, 2017, 07:23:23 PM »
A working title and a release date in the same afternoon. More giddiness!
Who Dat

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #992 on: October 12, 2017, 07:55:15 PM »
I thought Chess was just the name on the casting call they did.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #993 on: October 12, 2017, 11:16:34 PM »
John Campea talking about the news.

https://youtu.be/1-RFt2vQdak
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #994 on: October 13, 2017, 02:14:08 AM »
It's a shame there's already a movie called Gambit because man, Chess just does NOT do it for me.  But by working title it's probably likely to change?

But yeah FINALLY!!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #995 on: October 13, 2017, 02:45:51 AM »
John Campea talking about the news.

https://youtu.be/1-RFt2vQdak

Ha ha) I remember how he told a month ago that he thinks Gambit movie is dead :)

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #996 on: October 13, 2017, 09:16:39 AM »
It's a shame there's already a movie called Gambit because man, Chess just does NOT do it for me.  But by working title it's probably likely to change?

But yeah FINALLY!!

Working title is just what they call it during production. It's not going to actually be called "Chess"

Deadpool 2's working title is "Love Machine"
Who Dat

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #997 on: October 13, 2017, 10:09:03 AM »
Quote from: Nekobaghira link=topic=4927. msg70846#msg70846 date=1507821904
It's a default setting to avoid spammers.  You need to reach a certain number of posts before you are able to link with no problem.  Just keep posting, once the magic number is met, good to go.  I'll fix for now.  :)

Ah, thank you! That makes sense

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #998 on: October 13, 2017, 10:31:01 AM »

Working title is just what they call it during production. It's not going to actually be called "Chess"

Just a working title. I doubt that'll end up the name. More than likely it'll be Gambit with a subtitle like; King of Thieves, or something
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #999 on: October 13, 2017, 10:40:12 AM »

But yeah FINALLY!!

That movie you are talking about is OLD. And I've tried watching it and I could get past the first 15 minutes. I think the only worry is anyone thinking its a remake or something. :)

As working titles go, again its good. I doubt “Chess” will be the title … its too vague in general.

Ah, thank you! That makes sense

No problem.

Agree with you Don, it will be more Xmen sounding as far as titles go.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1000 on: October 13, 2017, 10:55:32 AM »
Quote from: DonPriceTag link=topic=4927. msg70865#msg70865 date=1507905061

Just a working title.  I doubt that'll end up the name.  More than likely it'll be Gambit with a subtitle like; King of Thieves, or something

I'm kind of thinking they will attach the X-Men name to the title somehow.  I feel like the GA isn't super familiar with Gambit and Fox will want to associate him with the franchise as a whole.  Of course, now that I'm thinking about it, Legion, The Gifted, and New Mutants don't have it either, so who knows.

I do hope it has a subtitle like King of Thieves though.  That would be so bad ass.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1001 on: October 13, 2017, 11:59:03 AM »

That movie you are talking about is OLD. And I've tried watching it and I could get past the first 15 minutes. I think the only worry is anyone thinking its a remake or something. :)

It's an old film, yeah, I've never seen it.  BUT they did a remake sort of recently, starring Colin Firth I think.  Funny story, I was lurking on some forum or another, maybe CBR, and somebody absolutely LOST IT because they saw that there was a Gambit movie coming out, in just a few short months.  And everybody was like, no dude, nothing to do with the X-Men, but he wouldn't accept this at all, he was overcome with joy that there was a Gambit movie coming out, even though everybody was telling him it's something else entirely.  Plus, no casting, no buzz, nothing, but somehow it was coming out in a month or so. Some people, huh?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1002 on: October 13, 2017, 01:01:23 PM »
Collider talks about it at length during their show. I remember Schnepp saying it was "dead" just a while ago and how no one wants to see a Gambit movie. No Schnepp, you 80s rose-colored glasses wearing snobs don't want to.

https://youtu.be/oG0crDTEbWs

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1003 on: October 13, 2017, 03:58:20 PM »
All Gambit solos and minis were just "Gambit". Not Astonishing Gambit, Mighty Gambit or Gambit: King of Thieves. So movie must be just "Gambit" too.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 04:37:40 PM by purplevit »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1004 on: October 13, 2017, 04:19:04 PM »
Collider talks about it at length during their show. I remember Schnepp saying it was "dead" just a while ago and how no one wants to see a Gambit movie. No Schnepp, you 80s rose-colored glasses wearing snobs don't want to.

https://youtu.be/oG0crDTEbWs

Remember it too!