Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385531 times)

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #1005 on: October 13, 2017, 04:26:11 PM »

It's an old film, yeah, I've never seen it.  BUT they did a remake sort of recently, starring Colin Firth I think.  Funny story, I was lurking on some forum or another, maybe CBR, and somebody absolutely LOST IT because they saw that there was a Gambit movie coming out, in just a few short months.  And everybody was like, no dude, nothing to do with the X-Men, but he wouldn't accept this at all, he was overcome with joy that there was a Gambit movie coming out, even though everybody was telling him it's something else entirely.  Plus, no casting, no buzz, nothing, but somehow it was coming out in a month or so. Some people, huh?

So, I had to look up this remake! Wow, there really was one. :)  And it didn't do well. LOL

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1006 on: October 13, 2017, 06:15:41 PM »
All Gambit solos and minis were just "Gambit". Not Astonishing Gambit, Mighty Gambit or Gambit: King of Thieves. So movie must be just "Gambit" too.

Gambit the most mysterious x-man of all  :D

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1007 on: October 13, 2017, 06:15:56 PM »
All Gambit solos and minis were just "Gambit". Not Astonishing Gambit, Mighty Gambit or Gambit: King of Thieves. So movie must be just "Gambit" too.

I agree.. I see it just being called Gambit as well
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1008 on: October 14, 2017, 11:17:56 AM »
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:51:07 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #1009 on: October 14, 2017, 09:21:01 PM »
Thanks for that. Interesting to see that they were considering other actresses besides Lea Seydoux.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1010 on: October 15, 2017, 03:25:09 AM »
I hope Seydoux stays she's a good actress and very pretty (not that the latter is very important but hey the ladies are getting Tatum so why not!)

I also hope they keep Candra maybe as a secondary villain?

Although holy cow I'm glad they're changing that script, ugh, it's almost painful!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1011 on: October 15, 2017, 04:58:07 AM »
http://omegaunderground.com/2017/10/15/exclusive-immortal-supervillain-candra-expected-gambit-externals-coming/amp/

EXCLUSIVE: Immortal Supervillain Candra Expected For ‘Gambit’ – Are The Externals Coming?

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 10:14:06 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1012 on: October 15, 2017, 08:10:38 AM »
I'm loving the incoming rumors and news we're getting. Whether some of it's true or not, it means the wheels are spinning on the project.
Who Dat

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1013 on: October 15, 2017, 10:17:05 AM »
Hey Purp,

For some reason that particular site when copy and pasting link, leaves off the beginning of its address. Which is why your linking isn't working. 

All that is missing is the http://

Took me a few to figure it out on the first one. :)

RE:
As for the content, yeah, I agree with the rest of you, good to hear some stuff. It seems like we were in a drought. I also thought that audition was painful. LOL

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1014 on: October 15, 2017, 10:42:59 AM »
Audition tapes are weird because more often than not we don't see the two characters interacting with each other. We get stuff like this, where we see one character and then hear Rando #1, in a totally different accent nonetheless, probably a producer or casting member, and there's negative chemistry between them lol
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1015 on: October 15, 2017, 01:14:09 PM »
Hey Purp,

For some reason that particular site when copy and pasting link, leaves off the beginning of its address. Which is why your linking isn't working. 

All that is missing is the http://

Took me a few to figure it out on the first one. :)

RE:
As for the content, yeah, I agree with the rest of you, good to hear some stuff. It seems like we were in a drought. I also thought that audition was painful. LOL

Thanks for changing it, Neko :)

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #1016 on: October 15, 2017, 10:46:57 PM »
Haven't posted in here in a while. A lot of stuff going on and I'm all over it. Here it goes.

February 14th 2019 is a perfect date for this movie. Pretty much exactly what i was hoping for. That has been a successful time of year for movies like this. So we can assume filming will start sometime early 2018. By the end of this year they should have most pieces in place for production and casting.

I would really like to hear confirmation on Gore Verbinski from FOX themselves soon.

Don't worry everyone, this movie is not going to be called "Chess". This is the same working title from the first go around. I would expect them to just call the movie "Gambit". It fits the best and no one is going to confuse it with another film. I highly doubt they will put "X-Men" in the title. That would just be an awful decision and defeat the whole purpose of what they're trying to do by establishing Gambit on his own. Personally I think they are going to line up the Gambit film with the Deadpool movies. Just a much better idea at the moment.

Great find on that audition tape purplevit. Really fun to watch. I kind of liked her. Auditions like that are odd and don't necessarily represent what the finished product would be. I wonder if there is any truth to FOX still liking Lea Seydoux for Belladonna. And if there is any truth to Candra being in the movie, that is very interesting. A Gambit movie with Belladonna, Candra, and Sinister in it?... Sign me up.

I really hope it's mostly good news from here on out. This production really can't afford anymore bad press at this point.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1017 on: October 16, 2017, 01:56:04 PM »

What a lovely day :gambit:

Gambit Movie Recruits Mad Max Costume Designer

http://screenrant.com/gambit-movie-costume-designer/

Omega Underground is reporting that Beavan has joined the Gambit team and will be providing the costumes for Tatum’s namesake, among other mutant characters in the movie. Beavan not only won her second Oscar for her Mad Max: Fury Road costumes, she has also provided the striking outfits for several noteworthy period dramas over the years; ranging from Guy Ritchie’s Sherlock Holmes movies to Best Picture Oscar-winner The King’s Speech.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #1018 on: October 16, 2017, 07:54:40 PM »
Hey purplevit, you are right on top of this stuff. I love it. thank you. I love this news. Even though I am not a fan of Mad Max Fury Road(mainly because I love the original three so much) the costumes and look of everyone is terrific. I think that's a great fit and really gets me excited for the look of this movie now.

Offline Rakkner

• Journeyman
« Reply #1019 on: October 17, 2017, 01:20:42 AM »
Definitely a nice pickup.   Please deliver the coat, gloves, headpiece (maybe), and some purple.