Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 389386 times)

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #1020 on: October 17, 2017, 01:37:11 AM »
Very good news indeed.

I actually hope they go with a totally non-superhero costume and more of a like, underground New Orleans crime getup, y'know?

Anyway how long before we start getting pictures?! I almost can't handle it!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1021 on: October 17, 2017, 03:20:46 AM »
Hey purplevit, you are right on top of this stuff. I love it. thank you. I love this news. Even though I am not a fan of Mad Max Fury Road(mainly because I love the original three so much) the costumes and look of everyone is terrific. I think that's a great fit and really gets me excited for the look of this movie now.

Thanks. Yeah, recently we gwt some great Gambit movie news. It was a great week for sure:)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1022 on: October 17, 2017, 03:22:29 AM »
Very good news indeed.

I actually hope they go with a totally non-superhero costume and more of a like, underground New Orleans crime getup, y'know?

Anyway how long before we start getting pictures?! I almost can't handle it!

Hmm, I don't agree here. I want Guilds to have unique costumes that will show who are thiefes and who are assassins among them. So Gambit in costume won't be ridiculous there.

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #1023 on: October 17, 2017, 10:59:35 AM »
I agree that I would like Gambit's "operating" outfit to be some sort of Thieves guild armor/gear for when they're on the job. That way his look can easily translate over to an X-Force movie or whatever and still make sense as his "combat" gear with other heroes in superhero suits.

Offline M

• X-Man
« Reply #1024 on: October 17, 2017, 11:42:18 AM »
'Life is a world of opportunity'

Sounds more like a leaning toward a first movie rather than an original origin

I like whoever said 'bend the mind'

not too much lol

« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 11:45:00 AM by M »

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1025 on: October 17, 2017, 02:10:48 PM »
I'm not saying I don't want it guild themed but I am saying don't want a crazy superhero outfit. He's a thief after all.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1026 on: October 17, 2017, 04:20:34 PM »
That's why Mann's design is perfect.
Who Dat

Offline Rakkner

• Journeyman
« Reply #1027 on: October 17, 2017, 09:57:58 PM »
Idk if this was ever confirmed before, but Gambit will be filming in New Orleans, officially.   

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #1028 on: October 18, 2017, 07:00:25 AM »
Wow, that’s a lot of news all of a sudden. Basically means I’ll be hogging this topic. ;D

I’m not sure what to think about Daniel Craig as Sinister, I thought he was horrible as James Bond. Has this been officially confirmed yet?

Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1029 on: October 18, 2017, 08:39:40 AM »
Nothing official with Craig yet. He'd bring some extra star power to the movie if cast, and that would be a huge plus.
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1030 on: October 18, 2017, 09:01:05 AM »
Wow, that’s a lot of news all of a sudden. Basically means I’ll be hogging this topic. ;D

I’m not sure what to think about Daniel Craig as Sinister, I thought he was horrible as James Bond. Has this been officially confirmed yet?

I think his angler face would be perfect for a cerebral villain with upper-class tastes and a lack of a moral compass.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1031 on: October 18, 2017, 10:10:50 AM »
Quote from: cc008 link=topic=4927. msg70930#msg70930 date=1508330380
Nothing official with Craig yet.  He'd bring some extra star power to the movie if cast, and that would be a huge plus.

That's one of the reasons I'd like him to be cast as well.  Plus, the dude's got some range - I'd love to see him play Sinister.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1032 on: October 18, 2017, 12:06:54 PM »

That's one of the reasons I'd like him to be cast as well.  Plus, the dude's got some range - I'd love to see him play Sinister.

Agreed. Plus it'd mean Craig as Sinister for a wide array of X-Men films. Not just the Gambit ones. Imagine a movie with Craig as Sinister pulling the strings, Schreiber back as Sabretooth, and Tatum's Gambit?

Ugh.. more giddiness.
Who Dat

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1033 on: October 18, 2017, 03:50:21 PM »
Quote from: cc008 link=topic=4927. msg70933#msg70933 date=1508342814

Agreed.  Plus it'd mean Craig as Sinister for a wide array of X-Men films.  Not just the Gambit ones.  Imagine a movie with Craig as Sinister pulling the strings, Schreiber back as Sabretooth, and Tatum's Gambit?

Ugh. .  more giddiness.

Oh god that sounds amazing.  The X-Movies in general could use another recurring villain or 2 like that since Mystique and Magneto are both basically good guys now.  Maybe not as prominent as those two were in the original X-Movies, but Sinister pullings strings behind the scenes, like you said, would be great

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #1034 on: October 18, 2017, 06:34:13 PM »
Nothing official about Craig. In fact someone tweeted about how that rumor was untrue. Don't know who it was or if what they tweet is valid but some article quoted it. We will see though. I agree another big name would be great for this movie. No better character for that than Sinister. And easily a role that can transition to other movies.

There's been some speculation that Candra being the baddie in this Gambit movie is a set up to use the Externals in the X-Force move. That would be pretty cool. They could also throw Sinister in there and they could both segue into the Externals for X-Force.

Actually Verbinski hasn't been officially confirmed yet either but that seems to hold more water right now than Craig. FOX never officially confirmed Doug Liman either but we do know he was officially on board at some point.