Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385821 times)

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #1050 on: November 01, 2017, 08:36:27 PM »
Every movie set in New Orleans is required by law to have at least one Madi gras scene. ;) of course, Jan and feb are probably the only months they really can film in New Orleans, because after march it's too hot and the cameras will melt.  ;D 

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #1051 on: November 02, 2017, 05:37:04 PM »
 ;D  yeah. But in my mind I can picture a really excellent action/heist sequence using the Mardis Gras as a guise in a Gambit movie. Sounds really entertaining and fun and could be a real stand-out part in the movie.

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #1052 on: November 03, 2017, 04:08:05 PM »
Seems to me that could be a good introduction.
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline M

• X-Man
« Reply #1053 on: November 04, 2017, 04:57:58 AM »
I like that this is getting done.

mind-bending with voodoo/new orleans/go from there

I think most of us don't want a big budget film to start it off

one day though, one day
#f***Marvel

sorry my bad, I don't endorse that hashtag

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1054 on: November 06, 2017, 05:35:42 PM »
So Disney might buy Fox... I think if this happens before Gambit goes into production, we don't get a Gambit movie, but a X-Men movie with Gambit in it to introduce the X-Men to movie goers... I want my Gambit movie darn it. Don't sell, Fox.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1055 on: November 06, 2017, 05:44:30 PM »
New Thor was terrible movie. Everything was like from Lego and in bright colors. Just for kids.
I don`t wont such trash X-Men.

Apocalypse was lame but it wasn`t a lego movie at least.

I hope FOX don`t sell.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #1056 on: November 06, 2017, 07:19:50 PM »
This is crazy news. Even if it does go through the transition might not take place for a couple years. And I don't see how Marvel/Disney would not want Channing Tatum's Gambit a part of their universe. I believe this movie will happen regardless. We will see.

Personally, I like the idea of Marvel Studios having a hand in the X-Men movies. The X-movies have been getting screwed up for far too long and I feel Marvel Studios will handle them with love and care.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1057 on: November 06, 2017, 10:06:26 PM »
This is crazy news. Even if it does go through the transition might not take place for a couple years. And I don't see how Marvel/Disney would not want Channing Tatum's Gambit a part of their universe. I believe this movie will happen regardless. We will see.

Personally, I like the idea of Marvel Studios having a hand in the X-Men movies. The X-movies have been getting screwed up for far too long and I feel Marvel Studios will handle them with love and care.

Oh I don't think Tatum is going anywhere. If it happens I think they'll retain his contract but roll him into the X-Men. I don't think the first thing Marvel would do while reintroducing the brand is put out a Gambit solo where the concept of Mutants in the MCU doesn't exist... Unless they play into the whole multiverse angle and allow the X-Men universe to remain and then start doing crossovers or at least cameos via Doctor Strange. But I highly doubt we'd get any more hard R movies like Deadpool and Logan.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Rakkner

• Journeyman
« Reply #1058 on: November 06, 2017, 10:43:13 PM »
I'm kind of torn which way I'd like this to play out.  On one hand, the X-Men joining into the MCU would be fan-freakingtastic.  I think I'm in the minority on this board, but this deal could mean we lose Tatum, which I'd love.  I'm just not a fan of his acting.  Although I am fully on board with his movie as he has shown dedication to the role.

On the other hand, Fox has stepped their X-game up lately.  Logan and Deadpool were incredible, The Gifted is great, the story/plot of Apocalypse was awful, but the casting choices, outfits/colors were a step in the right direction.  Losing a Gambit movie would suck though.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1059 on: November 06, 2017, 11:46:59 PM »
Wow, you really are conflicted.  :D

Offline bigbarda

• Survivor
« Reply #1060 on: November 07, 2017, 04:42:25 AM »
New Thor was terrible movie. Everything was like from Lego and in bright colors. Just for kids.
I don`t wont such trash X-Men.

It made loads of money, which mean the Marvel comic publishing division will survive for the foreseeable future.

Disney buying Fox is amazing news for the X-franchise, but I'm a bit wary of having fewer, bigger production companies. That's not good for anyone but Disney.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1061 on: November 07, 2017, 04:52:47 AM »
FOX started to lose shares after rumour. It seems possible deal is cacelled and I am really glad.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1062 on: November 07, 2017, 11:50:11 AM »
Talks stalled with Fox and Disney.

Two articles at the Washington Post. I'd link but the WP won't let me. However, you can google it.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1063 on: November 07, 2017, 02:22:06 PM »
I'm kinda torn about all this as well. On one hand, I'm glad it seems the talks have stalled bc I'm okay with Fox doing it's own thing. On the other, I can't help but feel that if Disney had acquired the rights to the X-Men, we'd see a resurgence in video games, action figures, cartoons, etc.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1064 on: November 07, 2017, 02:24:16 PM »
Some boss logic art;

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 02:37:00 PM by DonPriceTag »