Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385486 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 06:56:04 PM by DonPriceTag »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #1246 on: December 19, 2017, 05:22:36 PM »
Sorry, posted it in wrong thread.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1247 on: December 19, 2017, 05:26:39 PM »

Exactly. Even though these articles know this is an old figure, they are still reporting it and flipping about it being so high. This is the type of coverage this movie has gotten the whole time. So it's easy to see why there is a lot of negativity on the internet. Things will change once we are further along and there is real news to talk about.

Yes, we need confirmed news from CT or the studio etc, not old stuff brought back up or speculation.

Personally, I dont believe the budget could be that high, That's more than Deadpool and Logan put togther I think..and a bit more than even Wonder woman :-\

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #1248 on: December 19, 2017, 05:32:24 PM »

Yes, we need confirmed news from CT or the studio etc, not old stuff brought back up or speculation.

Personally, I dont believe the budget could be that high, That's more than Deadpool and Logan put togther I think..and a bit more than even Wonder woman :-\

For sure. Even when that figure came out in 2015 it was never confirmed by the studio or CT or anybody of importance so I was skeptical of it even back then let alone now. But it won't stop people from talking about it. I won't even watch Campea or Collider until something official comes out because that's all they're going to talk about until that happens.

Offline M

• X-Man
« Reply #1249 on: December 21, 2017, 05:27:04 AM »
Budgets are funky things in the film industry. Does 155M mean for the film, or for the film AND advertising? Nothing is really clear in any recent article. Honestly 155M for the entire thing seems an entirely reasonable swing for Gambit. 155m FOR Gambit number 1? One can only dream

-cough Banshee- -cough secrets- -yetthda-

My main hope for the film is to get a good visual aesthetic and not let the plot swing around into to many corners. Just tell a good story, a measured spectacle and a few really good lines moments. Anything else will just be the tadow. I feel good about looking forward to this movie.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1250 on: December 21, 2017, 11:59:04 AM »
-  Some good points. But IMO that budget is a huge gamble for a unproven superhero film and honesly, from what I gather, not a widely popular one.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 12:04:29 PM by Paneo01 »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1251 on: December 21, 2017, 12:39:09 PM »
Budgets are funky things in the film industry. Does 155M mean for the film, or for the film AND advertising? Nothing is really clear in any recent article. Honestly 155M for the entire thing seems an entirely reasonable swing for Gambit. 155m FOR Gambit number 1? One can only dream

-cough Banshee- -cough secrets- -yetthda-

My main hope for the film is to get a good visual aesthetic and not let the plot swing around into to many corners. Just tell a good story, a measured spectacle and a few really good lines moments. Anything else will just be the tadow. I feel good about looking forward to this movie.

Most advertising budgets equal, or in Deadpool's case, double the film's production budget. So unless they are going to give Gambit a 55m production budget and 100m in advertising, I doubt this number includes advertising. But I'd kinda of like that. Give or take 10m (70 prod, 80 advertising), I think they'd be a bit safer, but most tent poll movies like this spend 100 to 200m in advertising alone.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1252 on: December 21, 2017, 12:58:06 PM »

Most advertising budgets equal, or in Deadpool's case, double the film's production budget. So unless they are going to give Gambit a 55m production budget and 100m in advertising, I doubt this number includes advertising. But I'd kinda of like that. Give or take 10m (70 prod, 80 advertising), I think they'd be a bit safer, but most tent poll movies like this spend 100 to 200m in advertising alone.

Do you know what logans numbers were?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 01:17:57 PM by Paneo01 »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1253 on: December 21, 2017, 03:20:02 PM »
Do you know what logans numbers were?

97-127m production budget. Probably went up to 127 in post production. I dont think they got away with only 30m in advertising... looking for advertising.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 03:25:48 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1254 on: December 21, 2017, 05:16:54 PM »

97-127m production budget. Probably went up to 127 in post production. I dont think they got away with only 30m in advertising... looking for advertising.

Thanks for the info...intresting to see what one of these films costs for production and than the total once advertising is added.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1255 on: December 22, 2017, 08:02:24 PM »
 Gambit Casting Call Hints at Remy’s Romantic Rival

https://screenrant.com/gambit-movie-casting-call-bandit-night-thrasher/amp/
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 10:44:52 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1256 on: December 22, 2017, 08:31:53 PM »
[size=3rem]Gambit Casting Call Hints at Remy’s Romantic Rival

[/size]https://screenrant.com/gambit-movie-casting-call-bandit-night-thrasher/amp/

They really seem to be emphasizing the romantic plot in the movie. ???

"spent years in development hell" ..oh geez
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 08:35:06 PM by Paneo01 »

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1257 on: December 22, 2017, 08:41:53 PM »
Ohhh there'll definitely be romance.
Who Dat

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #1258 on: December 23, 2017, 09:41:13 AM »
What exactly makes them think it's a "romantic rival" exactly? It's a pretty vague description.

"spent years in development hell" ..oh geez"

I know. Does this have to be the beginning of every single article about Gambit movie news? I think everyone gets it now. It's not even accurate.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 09:43:12 AM by wantutosigh »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1259 on: December 23, 2017, 05:25:27 PM »
What exactly makes them think it's a "romantic rival" exactly? It's a pretty vague description.

"spent years in development hell" ..oh geez"

I know. Does this have to be the beginning of every single article about Gambit movie news? I think everyone gets it now. It's not even accurate.

About rival was first news with new casting that I found. Other site just told new villain.