Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385405 times)

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #1335 on: January 11, 2018, 04:04:04 PM »
Eh could be worse.  Could be waiting an extra 10 months like New Mutant fans :'(
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1336 on: January 11, 2018, 04:05:54 PM »
Oh COME ON!!!

Ugh. 

I don't like Verbinski anyway but at this point I just want the damn movie made, although it's seeming less and less likely.  How long can they do this dance?  It's not really fair on fans. 

Maybe the whole thing does need a fresh slate?
what kind of issue Makes THREE directors bail?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1337 on: January 11, 2018, 04:19:36 PM »
Eh could be worse.  Could be waiting an extra 10 months like New Mutant fans :'(

@TheInSneider
Word on the street is that after NEW MUTANTS tested well but not great, the studio decided to actually embrace the film’s horror elements and beef up the scares in the wake of the success of IT and GET OUT last year.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 04:47:11 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1338 on: January 11, 2018, 05:07:27 PM »

@TheInSneider

Oh boy. That makes me nervous. Reminds me of WB retooling the DC movies to be more like the MCU

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #1339 on: January 11, 2018, 05:46:41 PM »
WTF!!!!!!  >:(

What do I do now? Just give up? No one has been more positive than me about this movie. What am I supposed to think now? This is the last thing this movie needed. Even if all will be fine and new director comes in and back on track, this last piece of bad press is very damaging. I thought it could easily rise above the bad press it had already gotten but this definitely hurts. If it's not going to happen just let me know now and stop torturing me!!! Three years of this is just upsetting and cruel.

They never officially announced Gore Verbinski which had me skeptical because it was the same thing with Doug Liman. But at this point I thought it was good to go on the director side of things.

I love the crew they've assembled too.

FOX clearly want to make this movie. What's the problem?!

GIVE ME MY GAMBIT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1340 on: January 11, 2018, 06:07:40 PM »
WTF!!!!!!  >:(

What do I do now? Just give up? No one has been more positive than me about this movie. What am I supposed to think now? This is the last thing this movie needed. Even if all will be fine and new director comes in and back on track, this last piece of bad press is very damaging. I thought it could easily rise above the bad press it had already gotten but this definitely hurts. If it's not going to happen just let me know now and stop torturing me!!! Three years of this is just upsetting and cruel.

They never officially announced Gore Verbinski which had me skeptical because it was the same thing with Doug Liman. But at this point I thought it was good to go on the director side of things.

I love the crew they've assembled too.

FOX clearly want to make this movie. What's the problem?!

GIVE ME MY GAMBIT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think everything will be good.
I hope Gore's team will stay.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #1341 on: January 11, 2018, 06:22:34 PM »
I just want this movie to start filming. Lock up a damn director already. This movie shouldn't be a hard sell.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1342 on: January 11, 2018, 07:07:43 PM »
I just want this movie to start filming. Lock up a damn director already. This movie shouldn't be a hard sell.
They need a good NAME director or its bad rep will get worse.
Dont get it either, CT has a good reputation in the business. Hes producing and his partner is writing, so it does not look good for his rep either.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 07:28:04 PM by Paneo01 »

Offline M

• X-Man
« Reply #1343 on: January 12, 2018, 06:10:22 AM »
Who wants to hear the director is gone this late into the movie having deadlines? ummmmm

Definitely a tenuous situation, but if the movie has enough verve then a good director shouldn't have too much problem. However, that's IF the movie has enough. I hope this can get pulled togehter

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1344 on: January 12, 2018, 08:14:13 AM »
So, HR said Gore had creative differences. Any theories on what keeps going wrong here?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1345 on: January 12, 2018, 08:25:05 AM »
They need a good NAME director or its bad rep will get worse.
Dont get it either, CT has a good reputation in the business. Hes producing and his partner is writing, so it does not look good for his rep either.

Most people that will watch movie will hear about it only after trailers or TV spots, etc. So it is more important to make a good movie and marketing then just have a big name director.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #1346 on: January 12, 2018, 08:33:51 AM »
So, HR said Gore had creative differences. Any theories on what keeps going wrong here?

No clue at this point. But as bad as it is to lose the director at this point, to lose a director in the middle of shooting would be worse.

And I agree with you purplevit.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1347 on: January 12, 2018, 09:07:00 AM »

Most people that will watch movie will hear about it only after trailers or TV spots, etc. So it is more important to make a good movie and marketing then just have a big name director.

Good point.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1348 on: January 12, 2018, 09:09:32 AM »

True, but IMO having a respected known director would take away some of stigma this movie has right now.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1349 on: January 12, 2018, 09:18:14 AM »
Also good point. But think that carries more weight with critics than the common movie goer. No one knew/knows who Tim Miller was/is.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony