Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385552 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #1350 on: January 12, 2018, 09:37:30 AM »
Also good point. But think that carries more weight with critics than the common movie goer. No one knew/knows who Tim Miller was/is.

Exactly. Deadpool and John Wick 1 were made by director debuts. Both movies are success, have awesome action and are among my favourites action movies.
If they will go with someone new for Gambit then I would be ok with it.

If movie would be bad then big name director won`t save it from critics either.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #1351 on: January 12, 2018, 09:37:50 AM »

No clue at this point. But as bad as it is to lose the director at this point, to lose a director in the middle of shooting would be worse.

And I agree with you purplevit.

True, 'Han Solo' had this issue, in fact I heard they even brought in an acting coach for Alden Ehrenreich midway through filming.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1352 on: January 12, 2018, 09:59:09 AM »
Seriously?!? WTH? Though not not sure if it's really on issue with the movie, here, because the director walks and all three spin off movies get pushed back all at the same time? That smells like the suits restructuring or something

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1353 on: January 12, 2018, 10:38:32 AM »
At this point, I don't even care if this movie is good.  I just want it to be made.  The fact is even if it stinks then more likely, Gambit just gets rebooted anyways.  I would almost prefer a teen Gambit TV series like FabNic suggested.

But in the interim, I want this movie to be made just to see what Tatum's vision of Gambit looks like.

As for this causing bad press, as long as they nail the marketing and trailer then it won't matter.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1354 on: January 12, 2018, 11:49:30 AM »
At this point, I don't even care if this movie is good.  I just want it to be made.  The fact is even if it stinks then more likely, Gambit just gets rebooted anyways.  I would almost prefer a teen Gambit TV series like FabNic suggested.

But in the interim, I want this movie to be made just to see what Tatum's vision of Gambit looks like.

As for this causing bad press, as long as they nail the marketing and trailer then it won't matter.

I agree 100%. I want to see Tatum's vision because the guy deserves a shot at it after all the hell he's been through to get it made, but I don't necessarily want his Gambit to be the MCU version (I want someone unknown and younger for that). Gambit would be perfect for a tv series.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1355 on: January 12, 2018, 12:10:14 PM »
Yeah a teen Gambit series showing his Thieve's Guild years would be great and there would so much to explore.  Just a quick example.

1st season can be Gambit about Gambit joining the TG and meeting Bella culminating with Bella and Gambit finally getting together at the end.

2nd season can be Gambit and Bella navigating their families and the warring between the two Guilds with a mysterious benefactor hinted.

3rd season can introduce Candra as benefactor, Sinister as a Guild client, and other mutants ending with the Wedding.

4th season can be Gambit exiled and being hunted by the Assassin's Guild with him meeting Genevieve and Frenzy for the first time.

5th season can be him running around with Scalphunter, love triangle with Genevieve and Frenzy culminating in Genevieve's death at the hands of Sabretooh

6th season can be him working for odd jobs for Sinister and trying to hunt down Sabretooth.

7th season can be him starting the Marauders ending with the MM.

Of course just rambling here but so much story material to work with.

"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1356 on: January 12, 2018, 12:14:40 PM »
Seriously?!? WTH? Though not not sure if it's really on issue with the movie, here, because the director walks and all three spin off movies get pushed back all at the same time? That smells like the suits restructuring or something
could be..maybe the directors and the studio are butting heads

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1357 on: January 12, 2018, 12:18:56 PM »
Its almost too late for restructuring and headbutting. If the time table stays true, Disney won't have any actual control for some time. Fox has plenty of projects to keep rolling. They have to keep going because of prior agreements.

I don't know, its crazy. I want the movie.

I'd take something akin to Runaways for Gambit on TV. I like your ideas Remydat. :)

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1358 on: January 12, 2018, 12:34:35 PM »
Its almost too late for restructuring and headbutting. If the time table stays true, Disney won't have any actual control for some time. Fox has plenty of projects to keep rolling. They have to keep going because of prior agreements.

-

They do have the option of cutting their losses instead of spending 10s of millions of more dollars though.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1359 on: January 12, 2018, 12:54:24 PM »
True,  still hoping I guess

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1360 on: January 12, 2018, 01:12:59 PM »
True,  still hoping I guess

Having said that, I do think they will go ahead with it. Perhaps they have already found another director. I wonder if they have cast Sinister yet?

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1361 on: January 12, 2018, 01:14:07 PM »

Having said that, I do think they will go ahead with it. Perhaps they have already found another director. I wonder if they have cast Sinister yet?

Is Sinister confirmed appearing?

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1362 on: January 12, 2018, 01:44:25 PM »

Is Sinister confirmed appearing?

The casting calls had a character very similar.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1363 on: January 12, 2018, 02:07:46 PM »
Oh, yeah. That's right. I mean at this point they might as well use him if the X-Universe is going to be rebooted anyways (that is, if Gambit is part of that universe). I could, however, see them pulling a switcheroo and subbing him for a villain who is very similar to keep their options open for if they do decide to integrate Tatum's Gambit into the MCU

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1364 on: January 12, 2018, 02:11:32 PM »
if they do decide to integrate Tatum's Gambit into the MCU
I keep forgetting CT is pushing 40