Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385475 times)

Offline andresa

• Survivor
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #1410 on: January 18, 2018, 06:30:21 AM »
Yeah the art is cool but the video not so much. The guys from this channel are not Gambit fans at all. I watched it yesterday because I wanted to see what kind of nonsense they would come up with this time and they didn’t disappoint. The video's purpose is to mock the movie saying that it could only be salvaged it if it were “a redneck musical directed by Steven Soderbergh, starring Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey (who they don’t even mention again). It’s really ridiculous. All the directors dropping out and delays took a toll and it’s not without reason there has been too much pessimism.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1411 on: January 18, 2018, 09:56:32 AM »
I didn't watch that video. That is why I posted only pic.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1412 on: January 18, 2018, 11:25:46 AM »
Yeah the art is cool but the video not so much. The guys from this channel are not Gambit fans at all. I watched it yesterday because I wanted to see what kind of nonsense they would come up with this time and they didn’t disappoint. The video's purpose is to mock the movie saying that it could only be salvaged it if it were “a redneck musical directed by Steven Soderbergh, starring Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey (who they don’t even mention again). It’s really ridiculous. All the directors dropping out and delays took a toll and it’s not without reason there has been too much pessimism.
.   Yeah, very sadly the movie already has a bad rep.😫 hard to get people on board.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1413 on: January 18, 2018, 02:23:36 PM »

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #1414 on: January 18, 2018, 02:47:10 PM »
 I’m so tired of "Gambit is not popular enough to carry his own movie" argument. Marvel has proved it not true repeatedly.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1415 on: January 18, 2018, 02:48:19 PM »
Heck, ant man made tons of money lol

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1416 on: January 18, 2018, 02:56:44 PM »
Harris kind of retreads a lot of the same stuff we've heard like "Gambit's usually known as part of the X-Men, not on his own" or "He's not as well known as Deadpool or Wolverine" and then doesn't really offer any ideas of what they should do next other than "Pull the plug on it". Also, it's kind of annoying how he (and Josh Wilding - the author to the article he linked to) seems to think that just because the movie would have a comedic tone, that it means it will most likely be and outright comedy. Iron Man had a heavy comedic tone imo but it wasn't an outright comedy by any means.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1417 on: January 18, 2018, 03:57:49 PM »
...WTH? Deadpool was not mainstream before his movie. No one outside of comic book readers and whatever children were watching that Spiderman cartoon had ever heard of him outside of a couple video game appearances. Gambit was part of one of the most influential TV shows of a generation. Prior to the Deadpool movie, Gambit had a way larger fanbase than Deadpool. That's a fact. Deadpool broke through with that movie and if they can do that with an obscure character like that, a well known one will slay if it's done right. as bad as Wolverine Origin's was and how small a part Gambit played in it, he stood out in the film as a bright spot.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1418 on: January 18, 2018, 04:22:16 PM »
as bad as Wolverine Origin's was and how small a part Gambit played in it, he stood out in the film as a bright spot.

So true. I know a lot of people disliked Kitsch and his accent, but I personally really liked him

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1419 on: January 18, 2018, 10:25:45 PM »
Kitsch was fine.  The problem was the character he played was not Gambit just like Reynolds didn't play Deadpool.

They played characters that were like cousins to Gambit and Deadpool.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 10:02:04 AM by remydat »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1420 on: January 19, 2018, 09:24:53 AM »
I get where you're coming from but I don't think Gambit was nearly as bad as Deadpool

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1421 on: January 19, 2018, 10:01:44 AM »
Yeah wasn't saying it was bad.  Just saying it really wasn't Gambit.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1422 on: January 19, 2018, 10:03:12 AM »
They wrecked Deadpool in that movie. I really felt for his fans. Kitch was okay as Gambit, the effects with his eyes, and the action sequences wasn't too bad with the exception of Logan knocking him out for comedic effect.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1423 on: January 19, 2018, 03:58:53 PM »
Is no news good news in this case? Lol

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1424 on: January 19, 2018, 04:09:57 PM »
Is no news good news in this case? Lol

Ha! I could see that. Personally, I just want a definitive answer of what's going on. If the movie isn't being made, so be it - I just want to know because the wait and not knowing is torture