Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385287 times)

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #1500 on: March 13, 2018, 08:33:40 PM »
Has anyone seen the new TV show "Deception"? The main actor reminds me strongly of Gambit.  He pulls off a lot of neat card tricks in the first episode.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1501 on: March 14, 2018, 09:38:44 AM »
Has anyone seen the new TV show "Deception"? The main actor reminds me strongly of Gambit.  He pulls off a lot of neat card tricks in the first episode.

I haven't but I've been interested and my SO loves magicians. Is it good?

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #1502 on: March 14, 2018, 05:55:48 PM »
I have to admit I was a bit disappointed by it.  I find it formulaic (i. e.  cops team up with genius [fill in the blank] to solve unusual crimes), but I give them points for a few interesting twists.  The magic tricks are pretty neat though.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1503 on: March 21, 2018, 05:36:52 AM »

Deadpool 2 Filmed a Super Secret Cameo – Who Is It?

The cameo is clearly just that, as it only took 2 hours to film, but since Deadpool 2 will end with three X-Force members assembled, why not make it four?

One way they could get around all the casting though could be to bring in someone who’s been cast for years: Channing Tatum. He’s been signed on to play Gambit for years now, and since Gambit lost another director recently and was delayed again, there’s no telling when we’ll see his solo movie. But if Fox is still keen to get Tatum involved, what better way to do so then to make him part of the X-Force roster and have him cameo in Deadpool 2 first? It’d be a great way to generate some interest in Tatum’s take, set up an appearance in a movie likely coming in 2019, and hopefully give more momentum to getting Gambit off the ground.

https://screenrant.com/deadpool-2-secret-cameo-x-men-wolverine/

Juat a speculation but an interesting one.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #1504 on: March 21, 2018, 08:05:00 AM »
 A Gambit cameo would be great especially in Deadpool, which will make tons of money and have a lot of exposure. Tatum said he wanted to introduce the character only in his solo movie way back when Apocalypse was going into filming. However the movie has gone through so many bumps that a perspective on the character would be welcomed to get people excited so that it can finally get off the ground. It’s been so frustrating. 

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1505 on: March 21, 2018, 09:48:21 AM »
A Gambit cameo would be great especially in Deadpool, which will make tons of money and have a lot of exposure. Tatum said he wanted to introduce the character only in his solo movie way back when Apocalypse was going into filming. However the movie has gone through so many bumps that a perspective on the character would be welcomed to get people excited so that it can finally get off the ground. It’s been so frustrating.

Yeah, I feel like at a certain point, beggars can't be choosers. Tatum needs something to inject some excitement into the film, not just from the fans but from an potential directors, and this could definitely be that

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1506 on: March 21, 2018, 04:07:18 PM »
Wasn't(yet another)  revised script due in march? Hopefully word on a director soon

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #1507 on: March 21, 2018, 06:49:37 PM »

I think a cameo in Deadpool could be pretty cool.

But...gah...the lack of progress on the solo film is getting frustrating. I've come around to the idea of Tatum as Gambit (not my first choice by a long shot, but I'm willing to keep an open mind), so now I'm just anxiously waiting for them to pin down a director and start filming. I wonder if Daniel Craig is still in consideration for Sinister?

Anyway, the last news I heard was that principal photography might be moved from New Orleans to Montreal.

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #1508 on: March 22, 2018, 08:25:42 AM »
But...gah...the lack of progress on the solo film is getting frustrating.

This... I’m really starting to wonder. And not for the first time, if this film is ever going to happen... :-\
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1509 on: March 22, 2018, 08:59:16 AM »
This... I’m really starting to wonder. And not for the first time, if this film is ever going to happen... :-\
  Still trying to figure what the issue is, when not one, not two....but three directors leave a movie .       As far as the announced dead pool cameo, as fantastic and logical as it would be. 99. 9 % sure it will.not be gambit.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1510 on: March 22, 2018, 09:33:19 AM »
As far as the announced dead pool cameo, as fantastic and logical as it would be. 99. 9 % sure it will.not be gambit.

Yeah, I have a feeling it won't be either. I hope we eat our words though haha

Wasn't there also a character added to New Mutants recently? Maybe it's the same or connected in some way

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1511 on: March 22, 2018, 03:59:49 PM »

Yeah, I have a feeling it won't be either. I hope we eat our words though haha

Wasn't there also a character added to New Mutants recently? Maybe it's the same or connected in some way
somebody joked on twitter gambit should make an appearance to make fun of how long his movie is taking lol

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1512 on: March 22, 2018, 06:13:30 PM »
These jokes don't work out well for Gambit. Allegedly a "fan" made a joke to Wilson for her arc in Xmen about how Gambit should be in her story arc and we got clown pants Gambit. And to top it off ... the Gambit fan got blamed for suggesting it, I highly doubt a hardcore fan would have gone in that direction. None of it, I can't deal, prior experience burned enough.

Is what it is ... just my view. I'm tired of being burned for liking this character so much.

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #1513 on: March 22, 2018, 06:25:57 PM »
Didn't the Deadpool movie take forever to make too? (I'm trying to stay positive  ;) )

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1514 on: March 22, 2018, 09:36:35 PM »
Didn't the Deadpool movie take forever to make too? (I'm trying to stay positive  ;) )
I'm sure somebody else knows more, but I think it was 9-10 yrs...but it only changed directors once I think