Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385457 times)

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #1590 on: March 31, 2018, 04:25:38 PM »
that's a great way to look at it. I wonder if hamm will keep the role or it will be recast.

That's a great question. I actually didn't know about Jon Hamm appearing as Sinister in new mutants. Makes me very curious if his scene being cut will transfer into him being in Gambit.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1591 on: March 31, 2018, 06:56:04 PM »
Is that Hamm thing true? I didn't know that was official either. But I love it.
Who Dat

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1592 on: March 31, 2018, 07:27:45 PM »
I think it's still speculation/inside sources. But I suppose if it was true and it was setting up the Gambit movie, they would keep him. Because why would you get jon ham for a bit cameo that wasn't setting up a part in another movie? And if the bit cameo was cut, why wouldn't you keep him in the bigger movie?  Of course all of these things are big 'if's' lol

Offline Rakkner

• Journeyman
« Reply #1593 on: March 31, 2018, 08:58:01 PM »
I love me some Jon Hamm but I really can't seem him as Sinister.  Would still be excited if he actually is cast tho.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1594 on: March 31, 2018, 09:37:21 PM »
Because my child brain is stuck on TAS Sinister, I really wanted to see Brian Cranston play Sinister. But Hamm has the physical "better than thou" presence I would have appreciated.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1595 on: April 02, 2018, 09:56:10 AM »
Lol, I completely agree. I still want Cranston, but ham would be good.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1596 on: April 03, 2018, 08:09:50 PM »
Kinda OT...but was sad to see CT and his wife's seperation announcement.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1597 on: April 03, 2018, 08:32:54 PM »
Perhaps the grief of his marriage falling apart will make him throw himself into his work which could result to the Gambit project getting fast tracked...

Does no one else want remydat to flesh out his Gambit V Bishop/ Heat idea? I think it'd make a dope sequel that acts as a bridge between X-Men movies like Cap America Civil War is to Avengers 3. Such as;

X-Men
Gambit
X-Men: Whatever sounds dramatic
Gambit: Sons of the Atom (remydat's Gambit V Bishop/ Heat flick aka X-Men 2.5)
X-Men: ... (the real villain of 2nd Gambit carries over)

It'd ensure we'd get an X-Men movie every year, or at least every other year instead of every 2. Kinda of how they are doing with Star Wars, right now.

Is it weird that I think I'd want to see Jamie Foxx play Bishop? I know, weird age to start a role, but I think like Cable, Bishop should be like the old, emotionally weathered, headstrong, stubborn, peacekeeping sheriff thats out to accomplish task and nothing else. Like let's say in Bishop's future he grew up and reluctantly became the man that enforced order for an underground community of mutants, not dissimilar from the Morlocks. When he's given a chance to go back in time and change his future by taking out one low-life that gets by by stealing from others (lets make that a pet peeve), he accepts and thus starts his manhunt and subsequent 2 acts of cat& mouse... Just my insight.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 08:45:33 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1598 on: April 04, 2018, 08:30:06 AM »
Kinda OT...but was sad to see CT and his wife's seperation announcement.

It is sad but sometimes it is really better to go in separate ways and stay as friends.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1599 on: April 04, 2018, 10:08:46 AM »
Perhaps the grief of his marriage falling apart will make him throw himself into his work which could result to the Gambit project getting fast tracked...

Does no one else want remydat to flesh out his Gambit V Bishop/ Heat idea? I think it'd make a dope sequel that acts as a bridge between X-Men movies like Cap America Civil War is to Avengers 3. Such as;

X-Men
Gambit
X-Men: Whatever sounds dramatic
Gambit: Sons of the Atom (remydat's Gambit V Bishop/ Heat flick aka X-Men 2.5)
X-Men: ... (the real villain of 2nd Gambit carries over)

It'd ensure we'd get an X-Men movie every year, or at least every other year instead of every 2. Kinda of how they are doing with Star Wars, right now.

Is it weird that I think I'd want to see Jamie Foxx play Bishop? I know, weird age to start a role, but I think like Cable, Bishop should be like the old, emotionally weathered, headstrong, stubborn, peacekeeping sheriff thats out to accomplish task and nothing else. Like let's say in Bishop's future he grew up and reluctantly became the man that enforced order for an underground community of mutants, not dissimilar from the Morlocks. When he's given a chance to go back in time and change his future by taking out one low-life that gets by by stealing from others (lets make that a pet peeve), he accepts and thus starts his manhunt and subsequent 2 acts of cat& mouse... Just my insight.

Thanks for supporting my Gambit vs Bishop idea.  Just seems like a natural fit for a movie.  Foxx as Bishop would be interesting as I can see him and Tatum having good chemistry.  Not sure though if Foxx can rock dreds, lol.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1600 on: April 05, 2018, 12:20:44 PM »
If I may be so bold... I'd like to offer an example of an exchange...

This is the third confrontation between the two men. Gambit thought he lost Bishop after their last run-in and continued to meet up with his buyers at the docks. Just as he is about to make the exchange, an explosion rips up the space between them as Bishop crashes through a nearby window. Any of the men Gambit was meeting that aren’t floored are running for the exit. Gambit regains his senses and dashes for cover before Bishop’s bullets and blasts find their mark. Gambit takes cover behind a row of crates, his back to them. Bishop does the same on the opposite side as they begin their first official exchange for the movie;

Gambit [Tatum]: Hey uh…-

Bishop [Foxx] (interrupts as he loads his obnoxiously large weapon): Let me guess; it wasn’t me, you got the wrong guy; I didn’t do it; let’s make a deal… I’ve heard it all before, man. People like you never change. Always out for themselves. Don’t matter who you cross, as long as you get yours. Rich, poor, good, bad, old, young, guilty… innocent [lingers on this word]. Nah, you don’t know me. You don’t owe me a damn thing…

Gambit: Homes, seriously [exasperated expression]… who the hell are you?!

Bishop: Who, me..? [Bishop silently made his way over the isle and is standing directly over Gambit, roughly 20 feet above him with his guns trained down.]

Bishop: For you, I’m the end of line… homes.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1601 on: April 05, 2018, 01:27:13 PM »
Lol, that is pretty good man and precisely how I would expect things to play out.  Bishop being overly melodramatic and Gambit just like, "Dude you need to calm the f down, it ain't that serious."
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1602 on: April 05, 2018, 04:06:38 PM »
Lol, that is pretty good man and precisely how I would expect things to play out.  Bishop being overly melodramatic and Gambit just like, "Dude you need to calm the f down, it ain't that serious."

And the more Gambit tries to diffuse and explain, the more Bishop gets pissed. Because, much like Bishop in the comics and Cable in TAS, he thinks he knows the truth. Nothing Gambit says is going to mean anything. Where he's from, people suffer day-in and day-out. Either live in a whole shared by dozens or hundreds, or die slow death in a mutant camp. Best case scenario, a clean, quick death at the hands of a Sentinel. He's known Gambit as "the Witness" (leader of a group that's somehow in league with whatever governing body that's making life hell for mutants and the poor in his timeline) his entire life. Hated him from afar. Bishop has been shown proof that taking Gambit out in this decade or year will change his world. Stop the suffering, or simply a mishap that's shaped his life (let's say his sister Shard was killed when they were young) and the world itself. Bishop isn't a goon or villain. He's a soldier, good man that's been broken down from years of watching the people around him live in squalor, back stab friends just for scraps to be able to live another day. He's hardened and determined. All he has to do is take out some thieving punk, he's detested his whole to save millions from that? Well, "That's all day, bruh."

Of course there's a puppetmaster pulling the strings. Probably doesn't care too much about Gambit or Bishop at all. But the action, diversion or simply the action of traveling back in time is for a greater purpose. Perhaps time-travel tech from that era was nearly impossible, unless the person traveling were able to survive the journey. Maybe it create a rift and someone piggybacked for the ride. Maybe Gambit was supposed to deliver something, or do something that triggers an event that someone wanted avoided? I like this idea. The tone, intrigue and action of a 90s crime/drama wrapped in sci-fi premise with super powers. I'd be so down for this.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 04:12:01 PM by DonPriceTag »

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1603 on: April 07, 2018, 03:30:52 PM »
This pic from comic con seems like a million years ago😫https://goo.gl/images/ZhFRVZ
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 03:37:46 PM by Paneo01 »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1604 on: April 08, 2018, 05:22:52 AM »
This pic from comic con seems like a million years ago😫https://goo.gl/images/ZhFRVZ

It is almost 2 months till start of shooting. I hope for real news in next 2 weeks