Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 391668 times)

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #1890 on: July 30, 2018, 09:38:58 AM »
The last round of changes, when the release date was changed and director quit, was after the Disney deal was announced, so it was possibly a factor, we don't know...

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1891 on: July 30, 2018, 09:41:59 AM »
Random casting idea for the MCU. Robert Pattinson. All of the Twlight haters will be against it, but he's put in some solid work since then, and he could easily pull off the look. Also found this little thing from '08:

Pattinson: Yeah. Who have I always wanted to play? Batman would be really cool, but Batman is a boring guy; like, Bruce Wayne is kind of boring. I haven't seen the ["Dark Knight"] yet, but in the comics he was always straight-laced. Spider-Man was quite cool, but he had to be a geek. And then there was Superman. But I always liked Gambit from "X-Men." Gambit would be cool. Has he ever been in an "X-Men" movie? :gambit:

I'd still prefer a no-name take the role, but that's an interesting idea. He's been kind of coming into his own as an actor recently, so I could see it.

Also, I can't find a source for this, but couldn't Tatum have been Gambit in either Apocalypse or Dark Phoenix, but he stated he wanted him to premier in a solo first? Or was that just a rumor? I feel like if that's the case, he kind of shot himself in the foot

Offline DikTator34

• "The Ragin' Crawfish!"
  • Thief's Apprentice
  • "Losin' not my style"
« Reply #1892 on: July 30, 2018, 12:27:54 PM »
Hello all!
I am brand new here and it's a real pleasure to meet everyone.  I am a huge Gambit fan and starting off would like to say that: it's my opinion that Producer, Simon Kindberg had promised us that this movie would happen,  so. . .  this movie needs to happen.  Yes, Tatum may not be the right option, however if done carefully and still placed to release a bit later on, with more meticulous work to flesh it out, this could be a sleeper hit! I'm thinking along the lines all the way back to the first Blade film.  Done in that manner this could be pretty epic.  It continues to be extremely disappointing to continue hearing the movie is back on, then cancelled, back on, then cancelled again.  These dishonest games need to stop! Since the Disney/ Fox merger is now official- even though there are some that don't like Gambit (no idea why?), he is one of the top most beloved and amazing X-Men, even Marvel characters there is and Disney needs to at least include him in their new rebooted franchise, when that happens.  Why are other fans entitled to finally get and have their favorite Marvel heroes done right on the big screen but Gambit fans aren't allowed to? It's very frustrating indeed.  Thanks! Remy LeBeau forever  :gambit:

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1893 on: July 30, 2018, 02:32:23 PM »
Hello all!
I am brand new here and it's a real pleasure to meet everyone.  I am a huge Gambit fan and starting off would like to say that: it's my opinion that Producer, Simon Kindberg had promised us that this movie would happen,  so. . .  this movie needs to happen.  Yes, Tatum may not be the right option, however if done carefully and still placed to release a bit later on, with more meticulous work to flesh it out, this could be a sleeper hit! I'm thinking along the lines all the way back to the first Blade film.  Done in that manner this could be pretty epic.  It continues to be extremely disappointing to continue hearing the movie is back on, then cancelled, back on, then cancelled again.  These dishonest games need to stop! Since the Disney/ Fox merger is now official- even though there are some that don't like Gambit (no idea why?), he is one of the top most beloved and amazing X-Men, even Marvel characters there is and Disney needs to at least include him in their new rebooted franchise, when that happens.  Why are other fans entitled to finally get and have their favorite Marvel heroes done right on the big screen but Gambit fans aren't allowed to? It's very frustrating indeed.  Thanks! Remy LeBeau forever  :gambit:

First of all: Welcome!

I'm not sure how much control Kinberg will have pretty soon. I've heard rumors that he will be helping with the X-Men moving forward in Disney, but take that with a huge grain of salt.

To answer your final question, here are my two cents: Gambit seems to be kind of polarizing because some of the ways he's been written to act hasn't been exactly PC and a lot of people just think he was written as a 90s-trying-too-hard-to-be-cool character.

What I can't wrap my head around is why are so unforgiving towards him sometimes. There are plenty of characters who have been written to do bad (or worse) things and they get a free pass for some reason.

Offline DikTator34

• "The Ragin' Crawfish!"
  • Thief's Apprentice
  • "Losin' not my style"
« Reply #1894 on: July 30, 2018, 03:52:11 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome! I completely agree.  Why, for example would they even possibly consider making a Kitty Pryde/ Shadowcat film over Gambit? I happen to like Kitty as a character on the team, however I happen to know that Gambit is a way, way more liked and popular x-man

Offline DikTator34

• "The Ragin' Crawfish!"
  • Thief's Apprentice
  • "Losin' not my style"
« Reply #1895 on: July 30, 2018, 03:58:36 PM »
To expand even further, Gambit has even been affiliated/ attached to Deadpool.  He was even used in the Deadpool video game released a couple of years back.  So, to some- even those developers who were responsible for creating and publishing the video game, Gambit is and has become an important, essential character.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1896 on: July 30, 2018, 04:00:03 PM »
Deadpool took almost a decade.  At this point, it is pointless speculating unless substantive news is released.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1897 on: August 01, 2018, 04:02:52 PM »
I know it means nothing.. But find it funny that Tatum just NOW started following marvel studios  on Instagram lol

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #1898 on: August 01, 2018, 07:18:37 PM »
I know it means nothing.. But find it funny that Tatum just NOW started following marvel studios  on Instagram lol

Is that true? That is actually very interesting. Wonder if there is something to it or just wishful thinking on his part. LOL

Offline DikTator34

• "The Ragin' Crawfish!"
  • Thief's Apprentice
  • "Losin' not my style"
« Reply #1899 on: August 09, 2018, 03:49:24 PM »
From what I am hearing now is that the Dark Phoenix film will still be happening.   Sounds like they will be re hashing and re shooting a large portion of the film.  I believe that this would be a great opportunity to introduce Gambit.  I want to remain hopeful that maybe, possibly they will work him into these new re shoots, since the actual Gambit solo movie is "for certain" scrapped, then please make him an essential part of the team in the new Dark Phoenix film.  I wouldn't even be opposed to them having him team up with Magneto and the Brotherhood just like the way his character was portrayed in the X-Men: Evolution animated series of the early 00's.  I liked ol' Remy being on that side of the fence.  He makes a cool anti-hero.  Please Disney/ Fox make this happen!

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1900 on: August 09, 2018, 04:40:10 PM »
From what I am hearing now is that the Dark Phoenix film will still be happening.   Sounds like they will be re hashing and re shooting a large portion of the film.  I believe that this would be a great opportunity to introduce Gambit.  I want to remain hopeful that maybe, possibly they will work him into these new re shoots, since the actual Gambit solo movie is "for certain" scrapped, then please make him an essential part of the team in the new Dark Phoenix film.  I wouldn't even be opposed to them having him team up with Magneto and the Brotherhood just like the way his character was portrayed in the X-Men: Evolution animated series of the early 00's.  I liked ol' Remy being on that side of the fence.  He makes a cool anti-hero.  Please Disney/ Fox make this happen!
   Reshoots are three months? .they are basically reshooting The film😲. Hopefully not true.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 04:53:02 PM by Paneo01 »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1901 on: August 09, 2018, 05:21:07 PM »
   Reshoots are three months? .they are basically reshooting The film😲. Hopefully not true.

According to Collider, it's actually like 2.5 weeks

http://collider.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-reshoots-explained/

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1902 on: August 10, 2018, 02:19:46 AM »
I don`t think that Gambit movie was scrapped and still think that it will happen.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1903 on: August 11, 2018, 11:24:39 AM »
So. Looks like is CT is going to be in the third Disney produced kingsmen film. Looks like he's accepting other roles now.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1904 on: August 15, 2018, 03:15:01 PM »
Doesn't seem to be much interest in this thread anymore....But Another nail in the movie? "Gambit hair" ...gone. He shaved it all Short
?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=fhmq0n2qf20c
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 03:17:50 PM by Paneo01 »