Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385463 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #1905 on: August 15, 2018, 03:21:04 PM »
Doesn't seem to be much interest in this thread anymore....But Another nail in the movie? "Gambit hair" ...gone. He shaved it all Short
?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=fhmq0n2qf20c

s***. Hoped for the best till the end.
Really sad to see this.

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1906 on: August 15, 2018, 05:01:07 PM »
I don't thinks it lack of interest, there is no positive news regarding the project. It's tough to keep up when all the news bad news or negative articles for click bait.
TBH - the guy still wants to work in and have film roles, he can't wait forever for this project even if he's the one who was pushing for it. Unless he funds it himself which he won't do, what can you do.

Offline Mateo3000

• Journeyman
« Reply #1907 on: August 15, 2018, 05:23:57 PM »
Now that Marvel has finally acquired Fox and the cinematic rights to the Xmen, our best bet to see Gambit on the big screen is just to wait until they reboot the Xmen movies for Gambit to appear. Marvel is 100% going to adapt their own version of the X-men and that'll be a part of the overall MCU. Marvel knows that the X-men were at their peak in the 90s so I think they'll adapt that version for the big screen at some point to capitalize on fans' nostalgia (those fans will take their kids to watch too). I think that's when Gambit will appear on the big screen next. It might be a little bit of a wait though.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1908 on: August 15, 2018, 05:30:18 PM »
It might be a little bit of a wait though.

Well, we've been waiting this long. What's a few more years...  :P

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #1909 on: August 15, 2018, 05:33:28 PM »
Oh yeah, this film is dead.

Now that Marvel has finally acquired Fox and the cinematic rights to the Xmen, our best bet to see Gambit on the big screen is just to wait until they reboot the Xmen movies for Gambit to appear. Marvel is 100% going to adapt their own version of the X-men and that'll be a part of the overall MCU. Marvel knows that the X-men were at their peak in the 90s so I think they'll adapt that version for the big screen at some point to capitalize on fans' nostalgia (those fans will take their kids to watch too). I think that's when Gambit will appear on the big screen next. It might be a little bit of a wait though.

Agreed. If Marvel is keen on not rehashing what Fox has done (kind of like what they did with Spiderman by not repeating what Sony had done), I think we have a better chance of seeing Gambit on screen in a team film. They'll want to start fresh, and what's more "fresh" than introducing characters who were barely used in Fox's franchise and who are seeing a resurgence in popularity right now? OK, so I'm an optimist.  :P

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1910 on: August 16, 2018, 05:41:23 PM »
That photo with bold Tatum is from January 2018. It is not new.

Hell yeah! I am on Gambit movie hype train again!

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1911 on: August 17, 2018, 12:54:05 AM »
Oh yeah, this film is dead.

Agreed. If Marvel is keen on not rehashing what Fox has done (kind of like what they did with Spiderman by not repeating what Sony had done), I think we have a better chance of seeing Gambit on screen in a team film. They'll want to start fresh, and what's more "fresh" than introducing characters who were barely used in Fox's franchise and who are seeing a resurgence in popularity right now? OK, so I'm an optimist.  :P

Putting a lot of hope on a company that has s*** all over Gambit the last decade or so.  Have no faith in Marvel with respect to Gambit.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline DikTator34

• "The Ragin' Crawfish!"
  • Thief's Apprentice
  • "Losin' not my style"
« Reply #1912 on: August 20, 2018, 06:08:13 PM »
Seeing at this point how many times that Gambit was supposed to be cast and appear but always got axed, with 2009's Wolverine Origins film, I'm unfortunately not going to hold my breath.  I see and hear a lot of dislike all over from others regarding Gambit.  Case and point: Gambit has not even been included in the last couple of Marvel vs.  Capcom video games when he proved to be one of the best characters way back since X-men vs.  Street Fighter hit the scene.  I just don't feel and very much confidence that Disney even cares about Gambit at all.

Offline DikTator34

• "The Ragin' Crawfish!"
  • Thief's Apprentice
  • "Losin' not my style"
« Reply #1913 on: August 20, 2018, 06:13:02 PM »
 Meant to express the Wolverine Origins was the exception.  It's very frustrating, because I just know that Gambit does, in fact happen to be one of the top most popular mutants.  I am I am very curious to see and hear producer, Simon Kinberg's excuse as to why? When he promised, even only a few months ago that this film was, for certain going to happen.  I'm positive even then that he must have already had some inclination that Disney was knocking at the door. 

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1914 on: September 03, 2018, 12:39:13 PM »
?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=5ejmdfz6t8cd.    Nick Bateman now working on his  version of a gambit film??. Good for him
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 01:11:56 PM by Paneo01 »

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #1915 on: September 03, 2018, 01:37:40 PM »
I liked the last fan made Gambit short film feat. Nick and he is really good with the no staff. Looking forward to this one too

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1916 on: September 03, 2018, 02:25:30 PM »
?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=5ejmdfz6t8cd.    Nick Bateman now working on his  version of a gambit film??. Good for him

Cool! Loved that short with Daken

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1917 on: September 03, 2018, 05:31:52 PM »
I liked the last fan made Gambit short film feat. Nick and he is really good with the no staff. Looking forward to this one too
he'd actually make a great mcu gambit hopefully they will notice.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 05:49:28 PM by Paneo01 »

Offline RomeoSvengali

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1918 on: September 03, 2018, 10:47:13 PM »
Again, I hope I'm not putting a link that's already been posted here, but I saw this fan made Gambit trailer and doesn't look too bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H4hBTr3h60

As for Ben Barnes as Gambit... I'm not sure, but I'll take Nina Dobrev as Rogue over Paquin any day.
https://vimeo.com/49613968
-Romeo Svengali (Monican swordsman)

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1919 on: September 15, 2018, 04:11:29 PM »
A collider reporter asked Tatum about Gambit today. CT says nothing new to report ..and he has no idea IF or when it will be made. What a waste of all that anticipation.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 04:37:37 PM by Paneo01 »