Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385276 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #1920 on: September 15, 2018, 04:37:06 PM »
A collider reporter asked Tatum about Gambit today. CT says nothing new to report ..and he has no idea IF or when it will be made

Sounds bad :(

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #1921 on: September 15, 2018, 04:55:13 PM »
This is not my year, I swear! Both the Gambit film AND the remake of my favourite game of all-time have been stuck in a limbo. NOT a happy camper! >:(
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #1922 on: September 15, 2018, 06:47:16 PM »
You know what? I hope it doesn't happen, it's actually making the character look bad, I personally think that the film never had a good script and Channing doesn't look like Gambit anyway. This roller coaster has been going on since 2014, it needs to die. Now that there's a big shift with Marvel, we'll get a younger and more suitable Gambit.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1923 on: September 16, 2018, 03:06:34 AM »
You know what? I hope it doesn't happen, it's actually making the character look bad, I personally think that the film never had a good script and Channing doesn't look like Gambit anyway. This roller coaster has been going on since 2014, it needs to die. Now that there's a big shift with Marvel, we'll get a younger and more suitable Gambit.

Don't expect anything good for Gambit from MCU and don't think that we will see him there soon at all. 10 years more to wait.

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #1924 on: September 16, 2018, 08:21:51 AM »
Don't expect anything good for Gambit from MCU and don't think that we will see him there soon at all. 10 years more to wait.

Please, don't say that.  :'(
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1925 on: September 16, 2018, 11:38:20 AM »
I kinda 'agnostic' about Gambit in the mcu ( don't know if it will happen or if it will be good.) But why are so pessimistic about Purp?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1926 on: September 16, 2018, 12:07:00 PM »
I kinda 'agnostic' about Gambit in the mcu ( don't know if it will happen or if it will be good.) But why are so pessimistic about Purp?

Feige told that they don't have plans to introduce FOX property characters and they are working on MCU movies. They have 20 or more projects right now.

Also he told FOX characters won't be added sooner then end of phase 4 or phase 5.

It is just from info from Feige. So I don't expect anything X-Men MCU related soon.

As for MCU I like only half of movies. Like Infinity War and Winter Soldeier.

Movies like Ant-Man and Thor 3 I can't watch. That humour is not for me.

Also Black Panther is too overrated. It is completely predictable.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 01:17:13 PM by purplevit »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1927 on: September 16, 2018, 04:30:59 PM »
*gasp* ........ c'mon Purp! Black Panther was the best film EVA! LMAO.  I couldn't help myself. I watched BP and while it was good for the type of film it was, it didn't live up the hype for me.

As for the Gambit film, bum deal, Tatum is moving on without saying it. He'll get to old for the part if he's not already and he was the driving force.

With all these other projects, I don't think we'll be getting a Gambit film any time in next few years.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1928 on: September 16, 2018, 09:37:27 PM »
BP was fine... Not in my top mcu movies. And not life changing as everyone around me was going on about. But Bob Iger, Kevin's boss, said they'd be working on integrating the X-Men as soon as possible.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1929 on: September 17, 2018, 10:11:42 AM »
I liked black panther too. It would probably be in my top five marvel movie,  it the hype around it was a little much. Marvel practically dropped everything when they got Spider-Man back, though he was their flagship character, but I don't think their going to drag their feet on x-men.

Edit: my phones autocorrect made a bad sentence there, lol.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 12:34:13 PM by anya »

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1930 on: September 17, 2018, 12:32:06 PM »
5 yrs, 3 directors, who knows how many script rewrites. For crying out loud it went form a crime thriller to a comedy😲. They could not even figure out what kind  of a movie it was going to.be!. It was a botched job from the start. They blew it.
Sadly financially it makes no sense to make it. Only can hope is IF gambit is in the MCU ..he is in.a group movie first to see how he plays to an audience. As for Tatum.... Replace him. He looks nothing like gambit(I think  that haircut looks terrible on him)and will be too old for the rôle
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 12:41:11 PM by Paneo01 »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1931 on: September 17, 2018, 04:14:42 PM »
5 yrs, 3 directors, who knows how many script rewrites. For crying out loud it went form a crime thriller to a comedy😲. They could not even figure out what kind  of a movie it was going to.be!. It was a botched job from the start. They blew it.
Sadly financially it makes no sense to make it. Only can hope is IF gambit is in the MCU ..he is in.a group movie first to see how he plays to an audience. As for Tatum.... Replace him. He looks nothing like gambit(I think  that haircut looks terrible on him)and will be too old for the rôle

Seriously? How many MCU characters were introduced in team movies that fans loved so much and because of that Disney gave them their own movies?

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1932 on: September 17, 2018, 04:46:04 PM »

Seriously? How many MCU characters were introduced in team movies that fans loved so much and because of that Disney gave them their own movies?
So far none, Black Panter was already green lit before he appeared in Civil War and Spider-Man has had 2 incarnations already, if Black Widow gets a solo movie she will be the first and its taken nearly 10 years for that to happen

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1933 on: September 17, 2018, 05:01:09 PM »
So far none, Black Panter was already green lit before he appeared in Civil War and Spider-Man has had 2 incarnations already, if Black Widow gets a solo movie she will be the first and its taken nearly 10 years for that to happen

Exactly. Disney knows what they want from the start. If Gambit won't be planned in MCU as solo character from the start then Hawkeye treatmnent is the best what we can expect for him.

Offline killphil

• Master Thief
« Reply #1934 on: September 17, 2018, 05:12:18 PM »
The rumors from all the major news outlets has Disney shelving everything. Even the completed movies like New Mutants and Dark Phoenix. Probably a good idea, as it would just further damage the brand with more bad movies. Test screenings have not been kind to these movies.

Im good with Gambit just playing a supporting role in a future MCU project. Tatum was never right for the role, and its pretty clear to me that they have never had a story to tell, anyway. IMO, a bad Fox Gambit movie would probably damage the character beyond salvaging.